Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

BAN LIST QUESTION

Here is the video followed by a question.

ADDON USED FOR UNFAIR GAMEPLAY

There used to be a global ban list and I would like to see if anyone has one for reference?  Anti-Cheats, and restricting to specific addons can help, but there will always be other jerks who will try to disrupt a good fair gaming session.

Last night we were playing WARFARE and 2 players were throwing thousands of bombs from the sky over and over again as soon as their AI found our base.  When questioned they gave the regular "dunno what you mean responses" and made us seem like we were seeing things.  We brushed it off and kept a close eye on things which seemed to go well.  

After 3 hours of gameplay and us moving the base as we attempted to rebuild these players had enough and just wanted to end it so they went nuts never stopping with these bombings.  We don't care about the win or loss when we play.  We just want to have fun.

The quick and dirty solution is to only restrict a server to specific addons, but even at that I am sure people like this exist and will do other things to reduce the fun experience.  If anyone wants names and ID numbers I will more than gladly share them.  These guys would not tell us anything useful and even laughed after and that behavior led to ban.  In closing to this post I do want to see if others have a list as well so that we can colaborate efforts to try and keep a server running healthy.

And I know some servers have their own rules which could lead to a ban. I am just interested in knowing who is keeping tabs on this stuff.

Sorry for the long post.

I would like to have those ID's plz to add them to our public server Ban.txt smile_o.gif

Afaik someone somewhere did start a community ban list but can't remember where.

But like you sed servers have different rules for what ppl get banned for. confused_o.gif

Just for the record - we are not in any way ban-happy.  We try to reason stuff out and look for stuff before kicks and even bans.  Some people may expoit glitches and so we tend to tell people to not do certain things before kick/ban threats.  You can find our Ban List and Server Rules at

http://arma.shadowcompanyelite.com

When we find offenders the Ban Table will get frontpage access for a few days then go into our article archives under the Server Information category.  By the way CK - is it ok if I add your site link to our list of ARMA links?  Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe this is your site

http://www.19th-Division.co.uk

Then if we find others down the road we can contact you on the incident and you can make the call to ban them or not.

Yes mate feel free to add our site!

That is the correct site! smile_o.gif

sounds like a KFC hack

ive seen it before

drops bomb all over the island or in a spot as you have stated in your first post