Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

UKF Release: Jackal MWMIK

I'd like to point out that as homoerotic as having another ouk's ass in your lap is, as the driver, it's still infinitely better than what we got in OFP with the M151 + M2 combination: at least the vehicle commander's crotch isn't in your face, firing over the rear arc, as you try to make a daring escape.

I'd like to point out that as homoerotic as having another ouk's ass in your lap is, as the driver, it's still infinitely better than what we got in OFP with the M151 + M2 combination: at least the vehicle commander's crotch isn't in your face, firing over the rear arc, as you try to make a daring escape.

You won't be dissapointed with sitting in the dismounts seat in Messiahs WMIKs then. You get a face full of gunner crotch when he engages targets to the front of the wagon, I personally sit back, set Fraps to take screens every 3 seconds and enjoy the show but, each to his own I suppose.

Thanks for clearing the lap dancing up - thought maybe I had downloaded a "make the AI VERY good friends" script by mistake, so was keeping a close eye on my privates (someone has to). So back to the job in hand . . .

cjph

This bug sounds very much like the db value of the GMG is set too high.

db controls how the sound "drops off" over distance, and not the actual volume of the sound. Bigger db number - the further away you can hear the sound.

Yep i know about the db. I tested being in a jet far above the map and a jackal shot grenades. Still hear it as clear as i was the gunner in the jackal.

The VOP Soundmod creator says that it seems your config handles the sounds. I hear the VOP grenade firing sound though. Is there a clash somehow maybe? I wanted to inform you both as i think im not the only one playing ACE+JACKAL's+VOP. Just wanna help.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Is anyone else using ACE and noticed practically nothing fires on the Jackals? This might turn out to be a real pain for me because:

Dushkas fire on the Jackals and mess up the crew in standard ArmA.

Dushkas will fire and wreck Humvees but not Jackals in ACE.

Seems like some value got changed in ACE and the Jackal is just outside the band. huh.gif

Opened a ticket for it anyway: http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=1246

Just half way through making an epic patrol mission and realised I can rag it right up to their noses as long as I dodge the occasional RPG.  whistle.gif

Thanks for reporting that, I have a squadnight tonight and Jackals were in along with standard ACE (1.04). It seems that their armor is too strong for AI to even try engaging. Same with tanks, they won't fire small-cal into it, although with ArmA engine they could actually wreck it up pretty good wink_o.gif

ACE will have to give us a clue as to what they've messed around with. We can't test every MoD and cater to their every whim with our addons.

I'll add that damage resistance value in and see if that helps with ace. It inherits off the hummer 50cal, so it should share the same values bar the armour tweaks we've done.

Sound clash? Not sure what you mean. The grenade firing sound is linked to the weapon. I'm not sure how VOP works, or what sounds it replaces, but I can't see how it could overwrite a UKF weapon class it never knew existed?

Just get in contact with sickboy or one of the ACE guys either here or on their forum. I'd imagine they'd want to do what they can to get this thing working properly. This is too nice of a vehicle not to work properly. If I was one of the ACE devs I'd surely work with you to get a tweak worked out. Alas, I am not.

Although I haven't seen this problem yet when using ACE, I also haven't been playing to often lately. But I did place this in a few mission in replace of the ACE hummers since the AI in my group won't engage enemies in ACE vehicles. I sure hope they release a quick hotfix for this problem soon. It's keeping me from playing with any of they're vehicles at the moment.

Oh well, at least I got options like this thing. It's a fantastic vehicle. Thanks for taking the time and putting up with all the pricks over the development process. Beautiful work Messiah!

Sound clash? Not sure what you mean. The grenade firing sound is linked to the weapon. I'm not sure how VOP works, or what sounds it replaces, but I can't see how it could overwrite a UKF weapon class it never knew existed?

I just wrote what the VOPsound creator said in his thread. I have no idea. Just that the firing sound can be heard like your the gunner no matter if your miles away. there is a problem somewhere for sure. And its only one single sound file that is an issue. But im not saying its your problem! Probably isn't. Just that the problem happens when firing the nade launcher on your great Jackal with ACE and VOP. VOP overrides the ACE sounds thats the only thing i know.

We'll live with it i guess. No biggie. wink_o.gif

Alex

well the problem with our GMG sound being heard from miles away has been fixed my end now, but I'm still a little confused with all this VOP and ACE stuff, but I'll survive tounge2.gif

ACE is known to have problems with multiple guns mounted on one vehicle. They introduced some vehicles with multiple guns, but only the main gun can be used by AI with the latest ACE patch.

Before that, none of the guns where used by the AI.

Say what now??.. ive been sitting as driver in the jackal and looking at 2 other jackals blazing away in ACE pb v1.04 it might be the ai choosing the more powerfull weapon?

ACE is known to have problems with multiple guns mounted on one vehicle. They introduced some vehicles with multiple guns, but only the main gun can be used by AI with the latest ACE patch.

I think this only has to do with the ACE vehicles. Not sure though. I don't have any problems with these in ACE v1.04 either. They really are blazing away.

You've misread what [CAS] Daniel and IceBreakr are on about. The problem ACE had with their spec-op HMMWVs doesn't affect the Jackals at all: AI crewed Jackals happily open fire will all weapons carried, regardless of if you're using ACE or not.

The problem with the Jackals in ACE is that enemy AI will not attack the Jackals with small arms or HMG fire (not the other way around). They will only fire RPGs and MBT main guns at them.

Enemy AI is quite happy to shoot at the Jackals with anything that goes bang in vanilla ArmA though.

Quote[/b] ]damageResistance

Your value seems quite high. Most likely that the reason.

Here is an optimized version of your config that makes use

of inheritance:

http://pastebin.com/m23b8eb66

Not tested ingame, yet hopefully I didn't break the brackets etc.

This will make sound replacement fully working too.

Use compareIt to check the changes.

You could even move the duplicate definitions inside class  

AnimationSources and  UserActions to external hpp files and

include the different sub classes were due.

See Don't_repeat_yourself

Edit: back  smile_o.gif

Nice vehicle. Unfortunately my vehicle DM had very low FPS.

Not sure if it was your or/and the HWM vehicles though.

Here are some rpt errors:

Quote[/b] ]ukf_jackal_mwmik: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_mwmik: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_mwmik: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gmg: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gmg: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gmg: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gpmg: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gpmg: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_mwmik_gpmg: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gmg: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gmg: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gmg: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gpmg: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gpmg: hide_covers_1 - unknown animation source hidecovers1

ukf_jackal_wd_mwmik_gpmg: hide_covers_2 - unknown animation source hidecovers2

I haven't set a damage resistance value, so it should inherit off the hummers.

I know about inheritance, just laziness prevails, thanks for the clean up mind. What values make the sound mod work then? Used to use hpp with vbs, but I prefer keeping it together, except for the base definitions.

RPT errors aren't critical ones, tried to fix them, didn't work, anims still work at any rate confused_o.gif

vehicle tips the scale at 15k faces once all the proxies are accounted for, so its not exactly the most fps friendly in the world.

You won't be dissapointed with sitting in the dismounts seat in Messiahs WMIKs then. You get a face full of gunner crotch when he engages targets to the front of the wagon, I personally sit back, set Fraps to take screens every 3 seconds and enjoy the show but, each to his own I suppose.

I feel oddly violated just hearing about that, much less witnessing it. Who do I talk to about putting Messiah up on sexual harassment charges?

Or you could release a Royal Marine addon and it would be considered normal to have crotch (note how gender isn't specified? RMC SOP.) in your face.

On a more serious note: This may just be me, and I suspect it is because ArmA has been giving me some pretty severe trouble lately, but I noticed that at about 1.5km distance, half-right angle (vehicle is forty-five degrees angle-off, moving across my right side) the textures seem to flash white. I can't get a screenshot of this; every time I try it takes a screenshot of the textures "strobing" to the normal mapping. I'm going to re-update my drivers and see if I can replicate this bug, disregard if I don't come back with a screenshot in the next three days.

Yup no worries.

At least for me damageResistance is part of your config.

Its two times in there from what I can remember.

You've misread what [CAS] Daniel and IceBreakr are on about. The problem ACE had with their spec-op HMMWVs doesn't affect the Jackals at all: AI crewed Jackals happily open fire will all weapons carried, regardless of if you're using ACE or not.

The problem with the Jackals in ACE is that enemy AI will not attack the Jackals with small arms or HMG fire (not the other way around). They will only fire RPGs and MBT main guns at them.

Enemy AI is quite happy to shoot at the Jackals with anything that goes bang in vanilla ArmA though.

So ive been taking hits from mini rockets??..

Ive lost lots of crew to small arms :S

Hey RavenDK.

Could you recreate exactly how you got enemy to use rifles, machine guns or heavy machine guns on the Jackals in ACE 1.04?

Also regardless of whatever the Jackal's damage resistance is set to, it's engaged without ACE but not with. It'd be great to hear from ACE on if they changed things in this respect and why.

Just got to play with this now - thank you UKF guys for such a great addon! notworthy.gif

Daniel @ Mar. 07 2009,01:10)]Hey RavenDK.

Could you recreate exactly how you got enemy to use rifles, machine guns or heavy machine guns on the Jackals in ACE 1.04?

Also regardless of whatever the Jackal's damage resistance is set to, it's engaged without ACE but not with. It'd be great to hear from ACE on if they changed things in this respect and why.

Normal ai's running from waypoint to waypoint.. i got in the way and they started shooting like pistols.gif

One thing i notised. The driver very often takes a bullet befor any of the gunners.

And that's with ACE 1.04 running? Hmm.

Is anyone else stuck with enemy ACE AI not engaging the Jackals with small arms fire, or is it just us?