Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

UKF Release: Jackal MWMIK

Trust me when I say, twatting people from 700m with the GMG is utterly awesome

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally

(Not hateing, in-joke with Messy tounge2.gif )

Pretty sweet, nice work gents.

Congrats on an awesome release, mates! smile_o.gif

Abs

Excellent news!

Well done chaps! Not had time to download it yet but looking forward to playing with this new shiny stuff.

Again well done and top notch!

Warrior next yes (a little joke)?

What a beautiful and professional release. Congrats on an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail.

The sheer quality of this addon, helps you forget how long we had to wait, to get our hands on it. Simply put, it's beautiful.

If the other UKF addons are anywhere near this quality, then we're in for a real treat.

Apart from the ArmA engine limitations, i can't fault this addon.

Like HamishUK, i'm also a big fan of the warrior, but i'm not saddend by the fact we could be getting the challenger next.

thumbs-up.gif

I can assure you the quality is the same across the board. Our Addon making guys are strangely obsessive about quality!

You won't be dissapointed with the Challenger either.

thank you gents for the kind words

You're in for a real treat with the other stuff, once it makes the light of day. A fair few of it was worked with high resolution textures than the Jackal, so the quality should improve somewhat. ArmA engine limitations are the bane of any developer, and there are a bevy of very very very annoying little bugs and visual irritations that litter the Jackals, but there was little we could do to remove those.

Please bear in mind the hard work by Chris on the GMG, and da12thmonkey on the crew animations and the GMG specular and normals, as always a real team effort. The land rovers are next for me (finally). It seems the MoD have stopped tinkering with them, so I can finally make a finished model. But in terms of UKF, the Chally 2 shall be appearing next in all her glory (tip top work by Chris as always)

Figured some of you'd appreciate a quick run down of the vague features:

- Dual Weapons

- Animated Suspension

- Animated Recoil on weapons

- Animated Belt feeds

- Working sight adjustments on GMG (somewhat nullified since ace though)

- Commander's Compass

- Illuminated Dashboard

- Working Dashboard

- Animated Doors

- High durability (designed to take 1 RPG and give you a few seconds to bail out)

- Full damage and destruction textures

- High off road speed as per real life

Probably about it. We may end up adding smoke launchers to them at a later stage, but they weren't critical enough a feature to delay an initial release/

YAY! you guys have made this the best opening to amonth this yer (for me) hope to see more great work soon smile_o.gif

r u going to release some crews for these veichles or..?

Give me the alternative!!! crazy_o.gif

Figured some of you'd appreciate a quick run down of the vague features:

- Dual Weapons

- Animated Suspension

- Animated Recoil on weapons

- Animated Belt feeds

- Working sight adjustments on GMG (somewhat nullified since ace though)

- Commander's Compass

- Illuminated Dashboard

- Working Dashboard

- Animated Doors

- High durability (designed to take 1 RPG and give you a few seconds to bail out)

- Full damage and destruction textures

- High off road speed as per real life

Probably about it.

Controllable brake lights!

Was always a popular feature with the OFP Land Rovers. I'm sure many will be glad to see it has returned, especially those who like a bit of PVP.

As I said on the UKF forums, looks really nice. I can't try them out for a good (or bad?) while but looking at the feature list I'm thinking it's going to be damn good when I do my hands on them.

Watching the Vimeo video, these vehicles look they have a rather high center of gravity laterally, like they would roll over easy. What's the rationale behind departing from the wide wheel base of something like the Humvee?

And they're supposed to be good against IED's, but the cabin's open? *scratching head*

i only got one complaint....

the sound of the gmg seems to be in stereo (the fire sound) as i can be heard clearly no matter if there are vegetation or things like that in the way or if it´s far away... wink_o.gif

but if thats the only complaint i think you should be really proud!

great job.

Watching the Vimeo video, these vehicles look they have a rather high center of gravity laterally, like they would roll over easy.  What's the rationale behind departing from the wide wheel base of something like the Humvee?

And they're supposed to be good against IED's, but the cabin's open? *scratching head*

The underside of the Hull is designed to be more mine/ied friendly. Yes the Cab is open but its primarily a mobile weapons platform and so good field of view is required, you don't get that in an fully armoured and sealed up box.

All of our vehicles fitted with the WMIK (Weapons Mount Installation kit, the series of roll bars and weapons mounts you see on the Jackal and Landrover) are generally top heavy, the jackal is a little more prone to tipping than the Landrover WMIK though because of it's high profile from the ground - again, this is for better protection against mines/IEDs.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I was tried many time on steep hill it roll over easy(this only one thing I got complain). But it climbing performance is better than other.

Awesome vehicle! Great job! notworthy.gif

Uziyadu, thats not really got much to do with the addon at hand though.

the shadow - hmmm, never really noticed that. I guess its a config related setting, but I don't believe I've done anything different from the BIS config entries. I'll have a look, its all contained in ukf_shared which is a small addon, and will be updated along with the challenger 2 release at any rate.

While playing around with the jackals i hit a small ledge going downwards.......it launched me about 50 ft into the air and flipped backwards about 5 times before landing and was i was able to redo it several times with the jackal on several different objects....when tried with a hummer it acted like it should and just drove over it normally.

Just me or happening to anyone else?

While playing around with the jackals i hit a small ledge going downwards.......it launched me about 50 ft into the air and flipped backwards about 5 times before landing and was i was able to redo it several times with the jackal on several different objects....when tried with a hummer it acted like it should and just drove over it normally.

Thats the all terrain mobility suspension kicking in, it's used to allow the vehicle to perform evasive manouvres In the event of a contact.

Not really, sounds like a bug. Messiah will be along shortly and he'll give you a sensible reply.

Jonny_LI

Thats the all terrain mobility suspension kicking in, it's used to allow the vehicle to perform evasive manouvres In the event of a contact.

Not really, sounds like a bug. Messiah will be along shortly and he'll give you a sensible reply.

Jonny_LI

hehe i tried this all with the same jackal which was the desert hmg...doesn't happen with the others though and its just on things like side walk ledges and small rocks redownloading it now though