Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

UKF Release: Jackal MWMIK

UKF RELEASE

1st March 2009

And so it begins...

We once told the ArmA community that waiting for release dates from ourselves could be a fruitless task, and that a wiser course of thinking would be to expect nothing, and be surprised when one of our addons makes the light of day.

As many of you know we've always prided ourselves in creating addons that are realistic down to the smallest detail and functionality, as well as wanting to test, break and rebuild these addons countless times with help from our beta testers, VOLCBAT. Our commercial work has increased this desire ten fold, but it also meant that during 2008 we worked ourselves beyond our normal levels, and have since felt a little more than lethargic towards converting the content we created.

What may begin as a small trickle can become a river in time. Whilst we won't (again) be promising any sort of release schedule on the rest of our addons, we can at least begin to release those that we feel are at a level where they're ready for the general ArmA community.

And so, today, we're very happy (well, Messiah can be described as ecstatic for finally finishing something under two years) to present to you the UKF SUPACAT Jackal MWMIK. Taken from our library description:

"Procured in 2007 via an Urgent Operational Requirement (UOR), and based off the Supacat HMT 400 vehicle, the Jackal MWIK is a high mobility weapons platform, with a unique air-bag suspension system allowing rapid movement across varying terrain. Used for reconnaissance, rapid assault, fire support and convoy protection the Jackal has the capacity to support itself and its crew over 800km. Jackal has a General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) as crew protection and can carry either Heavy Machine Gun (HMG) or Grenade Machine Gun (GMG) as the main weapon system in the fire support role."

We have, to the best of our ability, recreated this vehicle in its entirety in ArmA, offering a selection of vehicles in three variations and in two colour schemes. Animated soft mounts, recoil, ammunition feed, GMG sight adjustments, damage and destruction textures and much more. Whilst we could go on to describe the many traits and features of the vehicles, we feel that its best left discovered and enjoyed by yourselves.

Happy Hunting.

DOWNLOAD UKF_JACKALS

Requires Extended Eventhandlers, UKF Shared (Included with addon), UKF Misc (Below)

DOWNLOAD EXTENDED EVENT HANDLERS

UKF Misc

This PBO adds modifications of BIS models to the game for use via the proxy system on UKF vehicles. In accordance with the BIS EULA on their example models, this PBO (UKF_Misc), and this PBO alone is OPEN SOURCE, and unbinarised MLODs can be obtained on request.

DOWNLOAD UKF MISC

Mirrors:

UKF_Jackals @ VOLCBAT

UKF_Misc @ VOLCBAT

UKF_Jackals @ armed-assault.de

UKF_Misc @ armed-assault.de

UKF_Jackals @ ArmedAssault.info

UKF_Misc @ ArmedAssault.info

UKF_Jackals @ Armaholic.com

UKF_Misc @ Armaholic.com

Edited by da12thMonkey

Awesome work folks! Will be looking forward to trying this one out.

thank you very much ukf people !! it looks like a great addon

Congrats fellas.  pistols.gif  yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Requires Extended Eventhandlers, UKF Shared (Included with addon), UKF Misc (Below)

And thanks for adding this.

The commander's gimpy is really fun! Just perfectly tweaked. These are gonna go down really well in missions.

Daniel @ Mar. 01 2009,15:38)]The commander's gimpy is really fun! Just perfectly tweaked. These are gonna go down really well in missions.

The Commanders Gimpy? You clearly haven't nailed a compound using the GMG yet - Highly reccomended.

Great vehicle folks smile_o.gif I repacked the file with 7z for the Mirror. I hope you don't mind (it's smaller)

banner1.jpg

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

DOWNLOAD - UKF Jackal(V.1.0) - [36,8 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

Required :

DOWNLOAD - UKF Misc (v 1.0) - [192 KB KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

XEH Extended EventHandlers (v 1.93) - [28 KB KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Here's the code for you to embed to your first post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - UKF Jackal(V.1.0) - [36,8 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

Required :

DOWNLOAD - UKF Misc (v 1.0) - [192 KB KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

XEH Extended EventHandlers (v 1.93) - [28 KB KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

Great vehicle folks smile_o.gif I repacked the file with 7z for the Mirror. I hope you don't mind (it's smaller)

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Thanks deadeye. I don't think there's a problem with converting it to .7z to match your conventions so long as it's all in there. smile_o.gif

First post updated

Armaholic have also provided a mirror, so thanks goes out to them too.

And Jonny speaks the truth: the GMG is an extremely formidable weapon with the ACOG and ranging system. The first time I played with it was a blast: especially considering at that time, ACE hadn't been released so I'd not experienced a sight-adjustment system for mounted GLs before.

i tried to put a unit in the commander seat via the init line, but "this moveincommander taxi" do not work. what should i put instead ? (i tried gunner, turret but no success)

only armoured vehicles have commanders, the commander's seat is a turret, turret number 2.

so:

unitname moveInTurret [jackalname, [1]]

that should do the trick

i tried to put a unit in the commander seat via the init line, but "this moveincommander taxi" do not work. what should i put instead ? (i tried gunner, turret but no success)

IIRC this works

Commander's seat:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this moveinturret [jackal_name, [1]]

Gunner's seat:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this moveinturret [jackal_name, [0]]

Ed:- Messiah beat me to the punch