Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Coop for WW4 modpack 1

we need better organization as far as who's willing to play this co op. i for one am so count my name down on any list as to who will participate. count me in.

Edited by BronzeEagle
grammar

Is it possible to make this mission work in SP too like those old DMA dynamic campaigns (which unfortunately didn't have random enemies all over the map)?

you can already play this mission alone, go in the multiplayer menu, and click on Adress:Internet, so it changes into Adress:LAN .

Then click on "New" and select the island used for this mission, then this mission itself in the list.

You will then be able to play it in single play without a problem, and without the heavy (for this kind of mission) limitation of "no respawn" and then will be able to enjoy this mission fully.

The problem is that you can't save in multiplayer and I wouldn't spend 5+ hours just playing without breaks.

The problem is that you can't save in multiplayer and I wouldn't spend 5+ hours just playing without breaks.

But, it isn't THAT hard to end the campaign, I mean, you can do 5 missions and it's a game over.

I have ended this campaign with only 1 mission (Destroy the Camp), but that was awesome, because there was a lot of reinforcement, and my group with my friend's groups killed like 120 soldiers =P

Well, I still have fun with this mission, you can have some very good fun with 2 players, or 3. :)

It is possible to save the editor version as an SP mission. However, with all the scripts going on, I'm not sure if you will encounter the SP save mission bug or not. If so, try reducing the amount of groups spawned.

If you want to play cce2 longer, then just increase the Victorylimit, the prices for new troops and vehicles, oh and the "fee" for a respawn ;-)

We (4 Players) need about 2 hours for a campaign till 200 VP...

Brockman, what about to share your revive version?

I'm waiting for it because I´m still trying to understand how to implement revive on CC2.

Thanks.

It is possible to save the editor version as an SP mission. However, with all the scripts going on, I'm not sure if you will encounter the SP save mission bug or not. If so, try reducing the amount of groups spawned.

Thanks for the tip, will try.

Just wanted to say that I'm already loving this mission, thanks for making it. It must have been a lot of work. :)

I have tried this Dynamic mission and I can't load a saved game. I get :

[Cannot load "users\Shinji\saved\missions\@CCE2B5.abel\continue.fps". 'error no entry' at'/gamestate/variables/iem32/data.value']

as I always Do ...

Note : I'm using a fresh install of OFP 1.96 + the Mods required. no more no less.

It did save the first time but then it just stoped at all.

please help.

@ Shinji

Unfortunately OFP has a limit to how much information save games can hold. CCE2 uses a lot of scripts, as well as addons with extra scripts (ie. CoC UA). This causes the bug you have experienced.

To reduce the amount of scripts, reduce the amount of enemy/civilian units. This can be done by editing CCE\DefineMission.sqs and CCE\CAP\StartCAP.sqs. This may or may not help.

If you want a similar mission designed specifically for SP, maybe try these old missions:

Dynamic Afghanistan

GDCE

LOL

I started with those .. and then someone suggested this one because it uses less scripts.

So basically I'm screwed ... ?

EDIT: Are you saying that it's just the number of Entities ... sometime I have only 4 vehicles and Some soldiers and Nothing.

Edited by Shinji

It's the number of variables used in scripts and triggers. Each enemy squad runs a few looping scripts with a number of local variables.

The bug was fixed in ArmA, but for OFP there is not much that can be done. As a coop mission though, CCE2 can be finished in a single sitting of 1-2 hours.

yeah ... well I wanned to increase the VP limite and play it for another 7 years ... LOL

Uh, I just downloaded coin coop engine and this isnt the one I had about 5-6months ago it had DAC+CCE together I think the mission was called @CCE2.WW4DesertAbel it had both DAC and CCE folders can someone please tell me where to download it?

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

drongo i really do enjoy your missions. especially the apoc version. but i cant get v5 working w/o the WW4_bisveh.pbo and i followed all the posted links i could find but they all dead :( any help?

I uploaded WW4_bisveh.pbo HERE (~2.7 meg).

Also, the latest version of this mission can be downloaded from this thread. It is for the Operation Enduring Freedom mod for WGL.

especially the apoc version

Apoc version?

I think he means the Apocalypse 3148 version you did,a while back.

The sci-fi addons.With the pelican n warthog.

Heh, I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on :D

Drongo69, I moved from your old version of CCE2 w/dac to CCE2B5... Problem tho is with the old version of CCE041 I could modify unit config for tank,air,car etc. and they would be in seperate groups...Is there anyway to have helicopters&tanks spawn in seperate groups?

P.S.

Just to make sure you know what im talking about:

CCE2b5

1 Group/Array:

;CCE_EnemyVehicles = ["Kolo","SkodaBlue","SkodaGreen","Mi24","T90"]

OLD CCE041&DAC:

3 Groups/Arrays:

_Unit_Pool_V = ["Ural","UAZ"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["BMP2"];

_Unit_Pool_A = ["Mi17"];

So..there should be a way to have another script like EnemyArmor&EnemyAir w/ two more array in the Unit Config:

CCE_EnemyInfantry = []

CCE_EnemyElite = []

CCE_EnemyMilitia = []

CCE_EnemyVehicles = []

CCE_EnemyArmor = []

CCE_EnemyAir = []

CCE_EnemyCrew = []

CCE_EnemyLeaders = []

And then two more scripts like for the CCE2b6 SAMS:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Called from unit's init line

; adds an in-editor unit to as buyable (adds it to CCE_EnemyAir in CCE\DefineUnits.sqs)

_unit = _this select 0

#Wait

~0.1

? (CCE_Ready) : goto "Start"

goto "Wait"

#Start

? (local Server) : goto "Server"

exit

#Server

~(random 1)

_type = typeOf _unit

CCE_EnemyVehicles = CCE_EnemyAir + [_type]

;? (CCE_Debug) : player sidechat format ["%1 added to CCE_EnemyAir",(typeOf _unit)]

~(random 20)

deleteVehicle _unit

exit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But how many CCE2 spawns in the map is still to many im using desert island as a test map and usually will spawn about 6-10 helicopters...... :(

Edited by FelixK44

That's a good point, I never included the option for enemy air and armour groups (I always play OEF mod with my group, so it never occurred to me). It shouldn't be hard to do, I'll take a look at it in the next day or two.

How many CCE2 spawns is "too much" depends on many things like how good is your PC, how high-poly are the units you are using, etc. Bump it as high as you want and see when your PC starts to lag.

That's a good point, I never included the option for enemy air and armour groups (I always play OEF mod with my group, so it never occurred to me). It shouldn't be hard to do, I'll take a look at it in the next day or two.

How many CCE2 spawns is "too much" depends on many things like how good is your PC, how high-poly are the units you are using, etc. Bump it as high as you want and see when your PC starts to lag.

Well, I usually play with 2-4 Human players on the West side and we fight the East AI. Also what I meant by there being to many helicopters spawning is that there's about 20helicopters(grouped with tanks&vehicles) flying around the map killing us all the time. :D

It can get pretty annoying when there's 8-10+ Mi24 :P I dont mind 2-4 helicopters flying around the map looking for humans to kill but it is pretty annoying with current config because I can't control how many are spawned... I like CCE041 because of the air,infantry,armor, and vehicle groups being separate but the new CCE2B5 is better&easier to use and would love to see separate groups! :o

Just tried to play this online but unfortunately it was an unplayable lag fest because the view distance is so large. It was also kinda strange that the first mission was a vehicle dump in the middle of the sea. And soon after we took of in the Mi24, the FOB was attacked taking out the sentry, which seems kinda strange as the mission had just started.

STGN

1) Just tried to play this online but unfortunately it was an unplayable lag fest because the view distance is so large.

2) It was also kinda strange that the first mission was a vehicle dump in the middle of the sea.

3) And soon after we took of in the Mi24, the FOB was attacked taking out the sentry, which seems kinda strange as the mission had just started.

STGN

1) You can change that in the menu of the gamemode, in the action's menu, or in the main config of the mission

2) That is because you are playing with a lot of desync or conection issues.

3) It's random, bad lucky there.