Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Coop for WW4 modpack 1

First post updated with a new version. Please post bugs/feedback etc.

anotherperfectlanding2.jpg

Edited by Drongo69

Beta 3 is coming soon. New features:

- CAS gun camera

- Tweaked values for enemy camps/patrols (better balance in enemy responses)

- Rescue mission

- Destroy vehicle dump mission

- Destroy camp mission

- Search and destroy mission

- Good times

I have a bug when the "new" version is played on hamachi. (I can't test it without hamachi, because router issues)

When a troop (everybody from the enemy) discover some of our guys, it freezes to the client, with 100000 desync.

It happened in the new version, the DAC version doesn't have that error.

I don't know if it is a Host problem, a connection problem (hamachi) or a script problem.

BTW the new version kick asses, but the problem is in it

When it happened, we were in a connection with 90 of ping, and 6 players, the host was in a non-dedicated server

Bye

There was a problem with knowsabout/reveal with the most recent version (basically as soon as the players are spotted, each enemy unit spams spots/reveals), perhaps this is what causes your problem with Hamachi? It hasn't caused any crashes in the 2-man coops I play, but this spotting bug is fixed in the next version.

The new version should be out this week.

Removed due to bugs :(

Hopefully there will be a fixed update in the next day or two.

Edited by Drongo69

First post updated with latest version. Hopefully the previous bugs (most enemies not spawning) have been fixed. I have also added airstrikes and a few other goodies.

I am thinking of changing the units for the next release, maybe desert marines versus one of the resistance paramilitary units. Thoughts?

I was playing the next version tonight with Sanctuary over Hamachi and had no real problems (apart from the blue on blue arty strike I called). The next version makes it very easy to add new buyable units without messing about with classnames etc, just place the unit in the editor and run a script on it.

I been playing this weekend, and I see a great improvement Drongo!, It pure kick ass!

No laggy issues, and no problems over hamachi.

I like it very much.

Thanks!

Greetz! :)

Hello there,

@Drongo69: First i have to say, that we really like your CCE2-Mission, since the first beta. We play it quiete reguraly, nearly every two days or so on a little homebased dedicated Server. I played around a lot with your Mission, converted it to different islands (Winter, Jungle...) implemented different units, even converted it to WW2, added and removed a few things, really, i think i got here nearly 30 MPMissions, all based on your CCE2. I spend hours just playing around your Sourecode, learning how 2 use DAC and stuff, so i was very excited when we tested the new b3 version of your mission. Its getting better and better with every version, so you really own a

BIG THANK YOU:notworthy:

from a guy, who normally didnt register at forums, just to say hello or thank you. ;-)

But during our games a few issues arose:

Camp and Missionlocation Placement: Is it possible to check if the camp or the mission (random) location is placed in the water or on a incredible steep Mountain? We got stucked in quite a few missions, where we just couldnt reach the patrol point, or where the raid targets spawned in the ocean. In DAC they implemented a system, which prevents that such things happens.

In CCE2b3 we dont get informed when we finished a mission. (No titletext with "Mission successful...".). Right now with b3 i check frequently during a mission, if our missionstatus changed and we can RTB.

Sometimes the Mission Location Marker on one client disappears, while on the others it is still there.

It would be nice to add more enemytypes, like 2 or 3 different kinds of Enemies, for example: Insurgency, militia and mercs during the same mission, but not mixed together (like they would be, if i pack all those units in one single CCE_Enemies Array). Well kinda like multiple Enemyarrays and at every new mission, the missiongenerator chooses one enemytype

Me and my friends enjoy the COOP Mode of OFP very much, but one of the best things in coop gaming is the revive respawn script by Doolittle/PRiME/Gnat : when you die, your can spectate your teammates while they seek for your bodybag to revive you at the position where you died. If your whole team is down the same time, its over man. This Respawnmethod really support teamwork, so i always wanted to implement it in CCE2 but the revive script uses some kind of evil ofp-dialogue-voodoo, which i cant even read. So, i dont ask you to implement it, but maybe you can give me a hand or two, how i can get revive respawn 1.57 and CCE2 together without f*cking up alle the screemenus?

Some other ideas:

- New Missiontype: Relocate Base? (Old base disappears, Player should drive a convoy (not just a civitruck ;-) ) to a new random Area (maybe also a Marker-Array: CCE_Safes?)

- New Missiontype: Defend Base? (Spawn quite a few badguys around the base and let them move in)

- New Missiontype: Rescue Prisoners: like the rescue pilot mission, but with well defened area, more prisoners and maybe a time limit?

- New Missiontype: Steal the ... (The Players have to move to missionlocation, take the ... (truck, tank, Kolo) and bring it back to base, where i will be converted into buying points)

Im still thinking about a "Storymode" or "Behind enemy lines Mode". like CCE2 but without a base, new missions and support by radio, players are "alone", this mode should use changing missionlocation- and missiontypearrays during the mission, example: first three Missions are "easy" patrol missions "near" the start area, next three further away with more enemies... or the first 5 mission in the northern part of the island, the next 5 in the middle.... so still random, but more "storydriven". Because the players will request new missions in the field, the script should detect if New Mission Location is too near (just cleaned a city, next mission shouldnt be in the same city

Last but not least: Please excuse my bad english, this isnt my native Language ;-)

So, this post got longer than i thought, i have to relax now :soldier: ;-)

One last thing: The Enemy needs choppers! ;-)

Edited by Brockman

Hi Brockman. Thanks for your post, I'm always glad to hear of someone enjoying my mission. Sounds like you've done a lot of work on your own versions, which is good to hear too.

Regarding mission placement, I know DAC has a system that prevents camps spawning in inappropriate areas. However, in the past I have seen this code cause errors on certain islands (especially terrain like Afghan Everon or some Vietnam maps). So instead, I prefer to let the mission editor be careful with the placement of markers (the zone markers count for an area about 1000 units square) and just accept the baddies to chose some weird areas to build their bases :D

I have had a lot of trouble with mission status not reporting correctly, however in the current test version this problem seems to be fixed.

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement different types of enemy squads, I'll look into doing this. I'll also have a look at the respawn dialog, but I am terrible at dialog code (I always use the brilliant OFP Dialog Maker program).

For new mission ideas, I'll think about adding them depending on how long it would take to script each one. As for defend the base though, I often find that this type of mission happens naturally as enemy units bump into your base and call for help. In testing, some of our hottest battles have happened in such a situation.

As for a story mode, I am working on another project that is in some ways similar to this. So I will put my efforts into the other project instead of doing it for CCE2.

Again, thanks for your feedback, some good ideas there. Please feel free to share any others you have. Also, maybe people would be interested in playing some of the variations you have made? That choice is up to you of course.

Take it easy and happy hunting.

Indeed you got it right: A lot of work. But not as much as you did, i believe ;-)

hey, i just managed to get the revive respawn thing working, but i had to throw out the whole base menu system, and replaced it with a radiocommand based system. Sorry for that, but this works pretty well for our little four man squad. Now CCE2 feels more "Commandostyle" for us, as we operate now without a fixed base on the map. Hit and run :-)

All main functions (Request, abort, status... etc.) are now available for every player by radio, i even included a airdrop system (Based on Drongos airstrike script), to get reinforcements in the "field". But there i got a problem, maybe someone out here can help me:

The Airdrop itself works like a charm: Radio HQ, mapclick airdrop location, plane arrives and drops whatever i want, for example an Humvee. Now, i want exactly that Humvee to be filled with a few predefined weapons and magazines. I read about the addweaponcargo commands and i know, that in MP scripting you have to execute those commands on every client. With an editorplaced object it is no problem, but how do i do it with a server-only "createvehicle" created vehicle? I dont want that every player has to order his own ammobox.

I hope you understand my problem and im not too off-topic now. I would glady share that airdropthing, maybe it could be included in the next version, but first i want to get it right.

Edited by Brockman

Brockman, some time ago I tried to use revive on CCE2 without success because I´m a beginner on editing.

I managed the mission putting it in other islands and using other WW4 soldiers classes thanks to define file and Drongos instructions. Nothing more than that, but enough for a newbee in editing like my.

I play OFP with a bunch of 5 friends and I´ll like a CCE2 with revive.

Is it possible to share with us your version of Revive CCE2?

In any case, thanks a lot.

OverCharger: Sure, i can share it if you like, but first i would put a few hours in it to make it "releasable" ;-) There are still a few bugs, and as i said, i just kicked the whole base (and personal) menu thing, and replaced it by radio commands, so quite a lot of those nice features Drongo put in CCE2 (scan, arti, buymenu...) are not working (yet). And i am no scriptguru, so even some simple things (like that above mentioned ammoprob i still have) take much more time than expected.

BTW: Is there a release date on the horizon for the next beta of CCE2?

I have a new beta ready for release, but I want to give it a few hours playtest first. This largely depends on Chops' drinking engagements. If all goes well, perhaps it will be ready next week. The best thing about the new beta is how it eliminates most of the scripting required to use different units (just run a script on a group in the editor, easy as). Also, varied enemy types should be implemented.

As for the ammo problem, there is no easy answer I am aware of. A possible solution would be to set a script client side that checks for a new "CCE2_AirdropVehicle" global variable that is sent from the server. Also use a "CCE2_Airdrop" boolean to see if this needs to be updated or not. When the client gets CCE2_Airddrop = true, then it runs a script that checks the CCE2_AirdropVehicle (which has been publicVariabled from the server) and adds the ammo to this vehicle on each client. It sounds complicated, but if you check the scripts for viewing the CAS object, you will get the general idea.

Also, I hope you will release your version with revive. Don't worry about getting it perfect, otherwise you will never get it done.

First post updated with the latest beta. The biggest change is that changing to new units and vehicles is much easier than before and requires zero scripting.

The next step is to look into implementing revive.

Ah, very good News! Thanks Drongo! I just downloaded beta 5, but the included MpMissionsfolder is empty?

About that revive thing (again ;-) ): because we are moving to a new home during the holidays, i havent got a lot of spare time for OFP, but i got a working alpha version of a heavy modified and bugged personal version of CCE with revive, which i can send it to you, Drongo. I bet you are able to dig through my changes and implement them in the next "official" version of CCE?

Edit:

I tried to open the included SPMission in the editor, but OFP couldnt load it, because it moans about two missing addons: WW4_bisvehicles which isnt included in the official ww4mod1 (yet) ;-)

WGL_UAMortars, which i dont know :-?

Edited by Brockman

The ww4_bisveh.pbo can be found here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1482370&postcount=634

It should come with more in the upgrade when it will be done.

But that should be the pbo used there.

edit :

WGL_UAmortars should be in the CoC Unified Artillery 1.1, as mentionned in the readme :

If the user is running WGL, WGL_UAMortars.pbo goes into the ofp/@WGL5/addons directory.

in case you lost it, here is the pbo :

http://www.filefront.com/15168255/WGL_UAMortars.rar

Edited by Sanctuary

@Brockman

I was very sloppy and forgot to include the compiled version of the mission. However, I have updated the link on the first page. At any rate, it is exactly the same as the editor version, only in pbo format. Also, please go ahead and send me your mission with revive, I will take a look at it.

@ Sanctuary: Thanks for the links to missing addons.

Well, firstly, the main problem of the new version (Not a problem problem really) are the missing addons, but I changed the MI17 and Mi24 of the WW4 to normal and delete the required addons (WGL and WW4 Vehicles) in the mission.sqm and it worked fine.

I'm enjoying this mission with some friends, and I find it really useful, because we don't have a server to play in, and we are constantly changing the local server, so this mission is very small in size and very useful because it takes some time to distribute loads of user-made coops.

One thing that I find disgusting, is the IA in the vehicles, those doesn't act so intelligent, because when they spot you on Non-Armoured vehicles, they don't get out and fight against you, and the groups of non-armoured vehicles doesn't contain passengers that can make troubles, only drivers that doesn't act to fire, maybe you can script some code when an IA see you when they are in a vehicle.

I have a suggestion too, to add some markers for the leaders of the groups of the Player's side, like in MFCTI, It would be great ;)

Well, what I can say?, If this mission weren't release when I started to play with my friends in coop, I won't be playing OFP anymore =P, I will try to modify the CCE2 code and add some missions types, but I don't promise anything :p

Thanks again Drongo69!, and keep it up! :D, sorry for my bad english, I don't speak english too much D:

Edited by NacroxNicke