Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Coop for WW4 modpack 1

Drongo, this happened twice in a LAN party. We were playing your original version of this mission, but with one addition: I puted 6 more playable units (a team of 12) in order to have more team respawns.

I'm going to continue testing and I'll tell you what happen.

Thx.

OK. As a temporary workaround, try this: open "CCE\Client\Start.sqs". Find the line under "#Loop" that reads

? (_count > 10) : goto "AliveCheck"

comment it out as so:

;? (_count > 10) : goto "AliveCheck"

It's not tested, but this should totally remove the mission ending when the squad is all dead, so you will have to manually quit.

Hi again Drongo.

It is posible to use the Revive Respawn script in this mission?

PD: Do you have any new on 3rd party addons matter?

Thx.

I don't know much about revive respawn, but I have no plans to add it. Feel free to try yourself though. As for the 3rd party addons issue, I still have no idea what causes the problem. I started building the mission from the ground up again, to try to kill bugs, but this means the next release is a long time away.

Don´t worry, I´m not asking you to add the script.

I´m trying to do that, but I need to change the Description and Init files and add some triggers and markers using units names (S1 to S6 for example).

I´m using revive respawn 1.57 sucesfully in simple missions (very simple to implement by noobs like me).

I did it with this mission, but when I preview the mission I got a big error message.

I was wondering if I get this error because I change the respawn method or because some trouble between my units names and DAC.

It may well be a conflict with DAC unit names. From memory, DAC also uses s1-s20. If you could post a screenie of the error, it might help (though I am unfamiliar with that respawn script).

I am also toying with the idea of getting rid of DAC and making my own substitue system. It would make it much easier to integrate my ideas and it would get rid of that error whenever a DAC squad is killed (still have no idea about that). However, it would be a bit more laggy as the unit expansion/collapsing is beyond my ability to script.

Good point!

It´s very easy to change the soldiers names in order to use revive script.

I´m going to change the names first. If I get the error message again, I´ll post the screenshot.

Thanks.

Good point!

It´s very easy to change the soldiers names in order to use revive script.

I´m going to change the names first. If I get the error message again, I´ll post the screenshot.

Thanks.

Hi Overcharger, I played some time ago in BFChile in the ArmA community...

Well... I change some things in the CCE2, like the use of Vanilla OFP units, and I put the revive respawn without problems. I think the problem is the Trigger, on activation and units name, I renamed the units to A1-A7 and the triggers too, with that you don't have problems in the script.

There is a unit with the name s1 in the mission, that cause the problems. It's from the DAC

Greetings

Thanks for this mission Drongo69, very good work!

But I have a question:

When I buy some ammo for Arty (Client), the Arty don't get that ammo, ¿Why? ¿Only the server player can buy Ammo?

PD: I didn't edit any Artillery/Ammo/Resupply script

---

Hola OverCharger, yo había jugado hace un tiempo en BFChile en la comunidad de Armed Assault.

Cambié un par de cosas en el CCE2, como el uso de las tropas originales del OFP, y puse el revive respawn script sin problemas. Lo más seguro es que el problema son los desencadenantes, al activar y los nombres de unidad, yo les cambie le nombre de S1 - S7 a A1 - A7 en las unidades y desencadenantes, con eso no me dio problemas en el script.

Hay una unidad que se llama s1 en la misión, eso crea problemas. Es del DAC como dice Drongo69

Contactame y jugamos algunas partidas.

Saludos

Edited by NacroxNicke

Thanks Nacro, revive respawn is a nice addition for a little bunch of players. Its force you to stay together and acts as a team.

Did you put other addons to the mission?

PD: Drongo69, Its looks like you are right as always.

When I buy some ammo for Arty (Client), the Arty don't get that ammo, ¿Why? ¿Only the server player can buy Ammo?

I've seen this in a recent playthrough. I'll take a look at the scripts.

The idea I have for a DAC replacement is to have random enemy bases scattered around the map. These camps randomly generate squads up to the squad cap. Each active base increases the cap for enemy squads by two (so 5 bases means 10 enemy squads at one time). Destroying these bases generates victory points (more if they are inspected for intel first). The squads will wander about the map in a similar fashion to DAC units.

I've seen this in a recent playthrough. I'll take a look at the scripts.

The idea I have for a DAC replacement is to have random enemy bases scattered around the map. These camps randomly generate squads up to the squad cap. Each active base increases the cap for enemy squads by two (so 5 bases means 10 enemy squads at one time). Destroying these bases generates victory points (more if they are inspected for intel first). The squads will wander about the map in a similar fashion to DAC units.

Yeah the DAC is pretty awesome, I like it, and it don't lag like 100 units with waypoints in the map.

Are you thinking in adding some new missions? Like destroy a Shilka o destroy a fuel station things... Or where i can script some new missions?

Other issue is when the time is changed to night, the CCE2 doesn't spawn any nvgoggles (I used the "Reset NVG" stuff), but I added some nvgoggles in the ammo crate.

Well... Adding a AH64 to the buy menu at 15 points and editing the DAC for more russian tanks/units is fucking awesome xd

EDIT: Do you have a template script to add a group with tanks in CCE2 for missions? Thanks

Edited by NacroxNicke

Nacro, the mission works wonderful with WW4 and BIS default units, but not when you try to add 3rd party addons.

Anyway, playing this with WW4 and default AH64 and Cobra is incredibly.

Yesterday I made another try on CC2 including revive respawn 1.57 and its works as you say. Now, I´m going to replace the insurgents with WW4 East units.

Could you tell me where I can find a tutorial on DAC modifying?

Thanks.

Edited by OverCharger

Nacro, the mission works wonderful with WW4 and BIS default units, but not when you try to add 3rd party addons.

Anyway, playing this with WW4 and default AH64 and Cobra is incredibly.

Yesterday I made another try on CC2 including revive respawn 1.57 and its works as you say. Now, I´m going to replace the insurgents with WW4 East units.

Could you tell me where I can find a tutorial on DAC modifying?

Thanks.

I pmed you.

The "Reset NVGs" function doesn't give units NVGs. It removes and then again adds NVGs on units that already have NVGs. This is because AI units won't take the NVGs off when it becomes daytime again.

In the current version I am working on, there are a few new mission types. The next release will also have scripts for generating vehicle groups (unrelated to DAC).

For DAC editing, check this thread. Also, if you download DAC, you get a very good manual with it.

I am still not sure about the 3rd party addon bug. My version uses WGL and some custom units by Chops, and it works fine (including the WGL AH64).

Drongo, here is my define.sqs:

; Called from StartCCE2.sqs
; Defines global variables

; Target victory points to win
CCE_VictoryTarget = 100

; Delay for deleting killed AI
CCE_DeleteDelay = 300

; Starting points for buying gear
CCE_Points = 20

; Buyable stuff
; Vehicles that can be bought
; Format is ["Description",price,unit name]
CCE_Vehicles = ["5t Truck",1,"Truck5t","Jeep w/MG",2,"JEEPMG","NightHawk",10,"BAS_MAH60","Bradley",20,"CBT_M2IFV","Cobra",20,"Vit_AH1W"]
CCE_VehicleIndex = 0

; Troops that can be bought
; Format is ["Description",price,unit type]
CCE_Troops = ["Rifleman",1,"WW4_WARRifleman","Grenadier",2,"WW4_WARGrenadier","Auto Rifleman",3,"WW4_WARAutorifleman","AT",3,"WW4_WARRocket","Medic",3,"WW4_WARMedic","Engineer",3,"WW4_WAREngineer","Demo",3,"WW4_WARDemolition","Marksman",3,"WW4_WARMarksman","Machine Gunner",4,"WW4_WARMachinegun","Sniper",4,"WW4_WARSniper","Heavy AT",4,"WW4_WARAT"]
CCE_TroopIndex = 0

; Magazines added to an ammo crate for friendlies
; Format is ["TYPE",ammount]
CCE_AmmoArray = ["HandGrenade",10,"WW4_W556_30Bmag",10,"WW4_W556_30BSDmag",10,"WW4_M433grenade",10,"WW4_W762Sniper_20mag",10,"WW4_W762M_200mag",10,"WW4_W556M_200mag",10,"WW4_W762Sniper_20SDmag",10,"WW4_W762Sniper_20mag",10,"WW4_MP5SAmag",10,"WW4_MP5SASDmag",10,"LAWLauncher",10]

; Friendly air support
; Format is ["Vehicle type","crew type"]
CCE_AirSupportArray = ["Vit_AH1W","SoldierWPilot"]

; Enemy unit types for missions (not DAC)
CCE_EnemyInfantry = ["WW4_MOTSquadLeader","WW4_MOTAutorifleman","WW4_MOTGrenadier","WW4_MOTRocket","WW4_MOTMachinegun","WW4_MOTRifleman","WW4_MOTMedic","WW4_MOTMarksman","WW4_MOTAT","WW4_MOTDemolition"]
;CCE_EnemyVehicles = []

; Skill/morale for friendly AI units
CCE_FriendlySkill = [0.5,1]
CCE_FriendlyMorale = [0.3,1]
; Skill/morale for enemy AI units
CCE_EnemySkill = [0.1,0,6]
CCE_EnemyMorale = [0,1]
; Min,Max
CCE_EnemyGroupSize = [4,12]

;CCE_CampObjects = ["CampEast","CampEast","CampEast","CampEast","CampEast","GJeep","TruckV3SG","UAZG"]

; CoC UA ammunition types that can be bought
CCE_Support = ["Mortar HE",5,"CoC_mort81HE","Mortar WP",5,"CoC_mort81WP","Mortar smoke",2,"CoC_mort81smoke","Mortar Illum.",2,"CoC_mort81illum"]

; Arrays of markers for mission locations
CCE_Towns = ["CCE_Town","CCE_Town_1","CCE_Town_2","CCE_Town_3","CCE_Town_4","CCE_Town_5","CCE_Town_6","CCE_Town_7","CCE_Town_8","CCE_Town_9","CCE_Town_10","CCE_Town_11","CCE_Town_12","CCE_Town_13"]
CCE_Areas = ["CCE_Area","CCE_Area_1","CCE_Area_2","CCE_Area_3","CCE_Area_4","CCE_Area_5","CCE_Area_6","CCE_Area_7","CCE_Area_8"]

; Enemy artillery missions that can be called at one time
CCE_EnemyArtillery = 1
exit

I don´t know where is the mistake.

Thanks.

The "Reset NVGs" function doesn't give units NVGs. It removes and then again adds NVGs on units that already have NVGs. This is because AI units won't take the NVGs off when it becomes daytime again.

In the current version I am working on, there are a few new mission types. The next release will also have scripts for generating vehicle groups (unrelated to DAC).

For DAC editing, check this thread. Also, if you download DAC, you get a very good manual with it.

I am still not sure about the 3rd party addon bug. My version uses WGL and some custom units by Chops, and it works fine (including the WGL AH64).

Thanks again, but the link of DAC is corrupted because of the new page of mapfact.

I searched for the old page of Mapfact and here is the download for DAC

DAC

And the Zonewriter

Zonewriter

@ NacroxNicke

Thanks for the updated download links. It is unfortunate to see even a gem like DAC slipping into the mists of forgotten OFP mods.

@ Overcharger

I can't believe that I never picked up on this earlier. But it is possible that problem with using a helo as air support is that that script is intended for use with jets. As for spawning units, try to place a dummy unit of the type you want to spawn on the map. You can delete it shortly after the mission starts. Let me know if this makes any difference.

Other question, can I desactivate the *tintintin* sounds in the mission when it beggin?

As for spawning units, try to place a dummy unit of the type you want to spawn on the map. You can delete it shortly after the mission starts. Let me know if this makes any difference.

Ok, but can anyone explain to me what is a dummy unit? :o

Ok, but can anyone explain to me what is a dummy unit? :o

I'm not sure but...

It's a unit precached in the mission for posterior spawns without performance loss or errors

Also, to put a dummy unit, you need to put the unit or vehicle empty and add a script to erase the unit.

CCE2 includes a dummy script for vehicles, so you need to add in the init field of the dummy:

[this] exec "CCE\Misc\DummyVehicle.sqs"

That script erases the unit, but the unit are cached in the mission, and probably when you spawn the unit, it will spawn without problems from the cache of the mission

Edited by NacroxNicke

Hey TacRod

Did you resolved the problem with the artillery ammo?

I need to see some fucking enemys flying into pieces in Coop

Thanks

Bye

------

EDIT:

I added 3 new missions (Shilka, SCUD, Search and rescue) but in game the RequestMission.sqs doesn't choose the missions, i added the lines in CCE_MissionTypes and i change the number in Random to 8 but it doesn't work

My lines:

#Server
;? (CCE_Debug) : server globalChat "REQUESTMISSION STARTED"
[] exec "CCE\Misc\DeleteCamps.sqs"
[0] exec "CCE\Misc\Time.sqs"
CCE_MissionLocation setDammage 0

_count = 0
#Mission
[b]_r = (random 8)[/b]
~0.2

; Town patrol
[b]? (_r > 7) : CCE_MissionType = 8; [] exec "CCE\Mission\SAR.sqs"; goto "Go"
? (_r > 6) : CCE_MissionType = 7; [] exec "CCE\Mission\Scud.sqs"; goto "Go"
? (_r > 5) : CCE_MissionType = 6; [] exec "CCE\Mission\Shilka.sqs"; goto "Go"[/b]
? (_r > 4) : CCE_MissionType = 5; [1] exec "CCE\Mission\Patrol.sqs"; goto "Go"
? (_r > 3) : CCE_MissionType = 4; [] exec "CCE\Mission\Deliver.sqs"; goto "Go"
; Area patrol
? (_r > 2) : CCE_MissionType = 3; [0] exec "CCE\Mission\Patrol.sqs"; goto "Go"
? (_r > 1) : CCE_MissionType = 2; [] exec "CCE\Mission\UrbanRaid.sqs"; goto "Go"

CCE_MissionType = 1; [] exec "CCE\Mission\Raid.sqs"; goto "Go"
hint "Error in RequestMission.sqs"
exit

#Go
? (CCE_MissionType == CCE_MissionTypePrevious) AND (_count < 8) : _count = _count + 1; goto "Mission"
CCE_MissionTypePrevious = CCE_MissionType

publicVariable "CCE_MissionType"

CCE_MissionSuccess = false
publicVariable "CCE_MissionSuccess"
CCE_MissionFailure = false
publicVariable "CCE_MissionFailure"

CCE_HaveMission = true
publicVariable "CCE_HaveMission"
CCE_NewMission = true
publicVariable "CCE_NewMission"

CCE_MissionsTotal = CCE_MissionsTotal + 1
publicVariable "CCE_MissionsTotal"
exit

Edited by NacroxNicke

I don't know about the "tintin" noises at the start. Maybe it has something to do with the camera trigger? I don't know.

I have been working on the next release and made a script that makes sure the CoC ammo is added server side. I think it should do the trick.

As for adding your own missions, make sure to also edit the "CCE\Client\MissionInfo.sqs" script. You are probably getting the missions, but not getting the text that tells you about the mission.

The next mission will have 2 new missions, recover intel and destroy convoy (both tested and working). Also, the option of having civilians in towns can be edited. The most work remaining to be done is the new camp/patrols system.

I don't know about the "tintin" noises at the start. Maybe it has something to do with the camera trigger? I don't know.

I have been working on the next release and made a script that makes sure the CoC ammo is added server side. I think it should do the trick.

As for adding your own missions, make sure to also edit the "CCE\Client\MissionInfo.sqs" script. You are probably getting the missions, but not getting the text that tells you about the mission.

The next mission will have 2 new missions, recover intel and destroy convoy (both tested and working). Also, the option of having civilians in towns can be edited. The most work remaining to be done is the new camp/patrols system.

Thanks, i will test the mission now with the MissionInfo.sqs changed

Edited by NacroxNicke

The pinging sound is for the hint command.

You can edit this section of "StartCCE2.Sqs"

to remove it.

Look for this section,noting the highlighted text:

; Arrays of markers for mission locations
CCE_Towns = ["CCE_Town","CCE_Town_1","CCE_Town_2","CCE_Town_3","CCE_Town_4","CCE_Town_5"]
CCE_Areas = ["CCE_Area","CCE_Area_1","CCE_Area_2","CCE_Area_3","CCE_Area_4","CCE_Area_5","CCE_Area_6"]

; DAC_IsReady is set in DAC\Extra\Ready.sqs
; Check DAC_Config_Creator.sqs
_count = 0
#Wait
~0.1
? (_count == 0) [u][b]: hint "Please wait"[/b][/u]
? (_count == 1) [u][b]: hint "Please wait."[/b][/u]
? (_count == 2) [u][b]: hint "Please wait.."[/b][/u]
? (_count == 3) [u][b]: hint "Please wait..."[/b][/u]
_count = _count + 1
? (_count > 3) : _count = 0
?! (DAC_IsReady) : goto "Wait"

hint "Ready"
? (CCE_Debug) : hint "DAC is ready"

Btw Drongo,very enjoyable way to pass a couple

of hours.With Sanc's WW4 mod it's very challenging.

:)

Edited by Macser

Thanks for identifying that Macser. I use a mod with the pinging removed, so I totally forgot about the hint noise.

If all goes well, I expect the latest update to be released before next weekend.