Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Coop for WW4 modpack 1

If you want to hear again the radio voice (but be warned the AI will become less responsive like in the default OFP).

In the bin subfolder of the WW4 mod folder, you can see a file named config.cpp, make a back up of it.

Along this config.cpp there is a folder named "radio".

Inside of it there is another config.cpp.

Just take this other config.cpp and overwrite the one you backed up, the radio voices will be back, but i insist on it because once you have played without the voice you will notice it : the AI will become less responsive to orders as it was in unmodded OFP.

Ok, I got it.

Meanwhile, I modified the mission a little including your WW4 west and east army men. They look excellent on Malden, Texel and Ivtiliac.

I puted tha BAS UH60L as a replacement of UH60 in base and for buying.

I puted a Vit_Cobra in the array of buying vehicles (very expensive of course).

All of this works excellent.

Drongo, I puted the Cobra as air support aswell, but when I ask for it, the request is denied. I only modified the array of Friendly Air support as

CCE_AirSupportArray = ["Vit_AH1W","SoldierWPilot"]

Is this correct?

Another question, what are the values for change AI skill?

Last one, if I want to made an East version of the mission, is necesary to change only the lines you told in define.sqs and DAC_Config_Units?

Thanks for your advice.

EDIT: The East AI is too dificult. They shoot at me from long distances and seems that all of them are Vassily Saitzev's sons xD.

Edited by OverCharger

EDIT: The East AI is too dificult. The shoot at me from long distances and seems thas all of them are Vassily Saitzev's sons xD.

Check this :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1277758&postcount=100

It is always WIP and is always tested/tweaked, but for now it should help the ww4 soldiers to survive for a bit longer the firefights.

Additionally, you can give HD version of the ammos to the soldiers if you think they are too accurate.

Maybe i will add HD version of each corps in the expansion, but it will clutter the editor menu a lot.

Ok, I´ll try this but still need some help from Drongo about AI skill.

This mission and your mod are excellent.:bounce3:

I believe it is in the Define.sqs

IF you scrool down a bit you will see

; Skill/morale for friendly AI units
CCE_FriendlySkill = [0.5,1]
CCE_FriendlyMorale = [0.3,1]
; Skill/morale for enemy AI units
CCE_EnemySkill = [0.2,1]
CCE_EnemyMorale = [0,1]
; Min,Max
CCE_EnemyGroupSize = [4,12]

the number for skill and moral are min/max, so by example from reading this , with CCE_EnemySkill = [0.2,1] it means each enemy soldier will have a skill randomly given between 0.2 and 1 by another script in the Units sub folder.

To lower the chance of having some units with a high skill you could change

CCE_EnemySkill = [0.2,1]

into

CCE_EnemySkill = [0.1,0.4]

So an enemy soldier will be given a skill that will be between 0.1 and 0.4

From what i understand of the script it should work like this, Drongo can correct me if i'm wrong there.

Something to remember if you make the mission for the WW4 mod is that the AI :

-is quicker to open fire than default OFP, so once it located a target it will wait less before firing.

-is able to see at longer range (roughly the same as the player) and hear better, making it able to locate the target as well as a player.

-can open fire from longer range than default OFP.

So it is a good idea to avoid having soldiers with the maximum skill in WW4 unless you are trying to portray very good marksmen, as they will indeed be really living up to their skill level in term of killing efficiency.

Thanks Sanc, that's correct. Also, for the DAC units, check DAC\DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqs. I think they are using "#Behaviour_Typ_2", so under that heading, edit "_setSkill = [0.2,0.8]" to match whatever you use for "CCE_EnemySkill" above. I'm playing this mission with a different mod at the moment, so I am not having trouble with WW4's superior AI.

For the airsupport option, you need at least 10 reinforcement points to call it. Please test it again to see if this is the case.

I am working on the next release of the mission, trying to squash the annoying DAC error and maybe introduce a few new mission types. I might add in some dedicated pilot player groups as well. Possibly the option of civilians in towns too.

Hi, trying to convert CCE2 so it will work on E Buds Jungle Everon but not sure what I need to do also im trying to replace the insurgents with sebnams Vietcong guerrillas could someone help?

(Btw when ever I try editing CCE2 theres a bunch of _Icommand and _e man divide by zero errors while its loading)

Hi, now the AI behavior is "normal". I used AI Skill setting in [0.2,0.6] and works very well.

About air support, you mean thats should be work with any aircraft addon only inserting the class name in this array?:

CCE_AirSupportArray = ["A10","SoldierWPilot"]

Is the same for vehicle reinforcements?

I make this array for that, but I buy the BAS UH60 or the Bradley and they don´t appear.

CCE_Vehicles = ["5t Truck",1,"Truck5t","Jeep w/MG",2,"JEEPMG","HUMVEE",2,"HMMWV","BlackHawk",10,"BAS_MAH60","Bradley",20,"CBT_M2IFV","Co

bra",30,"Vit_AH1W"]

Sorry for my english.

@ XxgodzillaxX

Please check this post earlier in the thread.

@ Overcharger

That is the correct array and the correct format. I think it should work with any addon, though I have only used WGL A10s to test it. Usually the message "air support not available" means that either the player has no points to call air support, or air support has already been called (only one air support mission can be available at a time). Please try again and let me know if it works.

Your vehicle array looks fine. If you try to buy the default vehicles, do they appear? Any vehicle that is bought should appear wherever the marker "CCE_Base" was placed in the editor.

Yeah..I already tried that for some reason changing the desert WW4 units to woodland units work fine. But trying to change the units to Sebs Vietnam guerrillas wont work, It just comes up in the editor saying missing addons even if I put them in WW4 addon folder...:confused:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Sebs_Vietnam_Pack%3B34867

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Ebuds_Jungle_Everon;14066

:yay:

What if you try to place the Vietnam units in the editor? Are they available there?

Your vehicle array looks fine. If you try to buy the default vehicles, do they appear? Any vehicle that is bought should appear wherever the marker "CCE_Base" was placed in the editor.

Yes, when I bought default vehicles they appear always. If I try to buy vehicles added by me, they don´t. Obviously, the addon modfolder is active and I can add the vehicles manually in the editor.

About Air support, works fine when I use the default A10, but not when I use the Vit_Cobra. The procedure and radio messages are the same, but the Cobra never arrive.:confused:

@ Overcharger: Can you send me your mission so I can take a look at it? When you try to buy the vehicle, does it give you the "> Bought a X for X points (X points available)" message? What happens if you add default BIS units to the array?

As for the air support, there are obviously problems with the code, I have experienced them myself. Many a time Chops and I have been overrun by enemy armour, cursing the ever-absent Chairforce with our last breaths. I'm looking into this for the next release. Also, the next release may include a "destroy the enemy convoy" mission (largely scripted by Sanctuary). Also, I think I have squashed the DAC error whenever a DAC squad gets killed.

About the aircraft never coming, it could be the OFP engine limitation between AI and long distance.

Basically i noticed on my old malden based dynamic war that if an AI helicopter is ordered to move beyond a certain distance, it will not move at all.

By example a chopper starting from the base in the malden southeast small island would never fly directly to the malden northwest extreme location directly, you had to give it several in-between waypoint.

A scripted workaround to that problem by Mandoble here :

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=27360.0

Yeah, all the units show up in editor and in preview but if lets say @CCE2 mission is loaded in the editor itll tell me its missing the seb addons:confused:

FIXED:

TO All other noobs you must edit the mission.sqs

side="GUER";

class Vehicles

and change vechie WW4_XXXXX to unit name then edit

define.sqs

; Enemy unit types for missions (not DAC)

Edited by XxgodzillaxX
FIXED TY SANC/TacRod

@ Overcharger: Can you send me your mission so I can take a look at it? When you try to buy the vehicle, does it give you the "> Bought a X for X points (X points available)" message? What happens if you add default BIS units to the array?

Thanks again, I can send you the mission if you tell me where.

If I buy a addon vehicle like BAS UH60, I get the message "Bought a NightHawk for 10 points (10 points available)". Nighthawk and 10 are the name and the cost I puted in define.sqs, but the chopper never appear :(.

I'm going to try with default BIS vehicles later and I'll tell you, I´m working now.:D

@Sanctuary, the A10 air support is fine and I plan to use it if is not posible to fix the addon problem. This mission is incredibly fun and I think I find the correct tuning for play it with my clan using your units.

I´m impressed with your help and dedication. I think people like you makes OFP community one of the best.

I play OFP for years without any knowledge of the existence of addons, user missions and all the stuff created by people like you, I´m rediscovering the game now.

Ok, I tested the vehicle reinforcements system with a default BIS AH64 and it worked.

Great if u want to expand the missions, but one question about that:

Is posible to make a chain of events?

I mean if you don´t destroy the convoy they works as a reinforcement in a target place or something like that.

In a convoy attack mission example, i imagine in case of success or failure in such a side mission, it is very possible to modify a variable value.

Then this variable value would be checked in another further side-mission script, with as a result if the variable tells that the convoy mission was a failure, the opposing force could recieve additional troops/helps/support etc...

Overcharger, could you please upload your mission somewhere so I can take a look at it?

Chain of event missions are beyond the scope of CCE2 (originally I had no plans to release it). However, I have been toying with a related idea (very far from release though).

Drongo69, here is the mission (and for anyone who wants to test it):

EDIT: Sorry, I sended a MP with the link.

You need this addons:

Vit Cobra:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/aircrafts&archiv=true&page=4

BAS MH60:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/aircrafts&archiv=true&page=12

Combat! Bradley Pack:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6840

Thanks.

Edited by OverCharger

Hmm is it normal that when I was trying to move to the mission waypoint my squad of 6 encountered:

1 enemy squad - killed, then immediately 2 bmps came - 1 was killed by AT rifleman, the other one killed AT rifleman and moved away. Immediately after that another enemy squad came out on our six and was dispatched. But immediately after that two more enemy squads came from 2 directions (they were killed too). Then the next moment a T-55 came and together with another squad that immediately came after that finished what's left of our six men team.

All at the exactly same point on the map. And it was like one km from the mission waypoint. Are those guys respawning in front of your nose with a mad regularity or something?

If yes - then is there a way to control the amount of spawned squads in DAC and where?

Edited by metalcraze

metalcraze, I've been testing and playing this mission a lot and I found myself in a situation like that only a couple of times.

I think the random nature of the enemy encounters and their numbers works really well.

@ metalcraze

That behaviour is likely the result of DAC. DAC units report your position and call for help. If the enemy was respawning, you were probably near a DAC camp. So yes, that experience can be considered normal (if somewhat unlucky). If you replay, you should experience a wide range of enemy contact levels. Sometimes I complete missions without seeing a single enemy.

It is possible to control the amount of squads DAC spawns (and their respawn times, skill etc). Please refer to the DAC documentiation for this, it's pretty easy to get the hang of. If you run into trouble, please post again.

Hi again, another question about mission config:

The fact is that If the troop leader die the campaing fails, no matter if you have human teammates alive.

Is possible to change this?

Regards,

Really? This has not been my experience. God knows, I have died enough times.

Anyway, once I have started recovering from this massive hangover, I will post a quick fix for this.