Sign in to follow this  
Jaksa.

damageResistance.

Bi wiki:

You can calculate it from vehicle armor and hit value of weapon that should be able to harm the vehicle. tgtRadius is radius of virtual bounding sphere calculated in vehicle geometry.

damageResistance = (HIT*HIT)/Armor*((0.27/tgtRadius)*(0.27/tgtRadius))

is tgtRadius means the radius of a biggest sphere, which can be put into the vehicle body in geometry LOD (= 50% the smallest measure: Height/Length/Width)?

If yes, i've got completely different results, that in oryginal config...

How should it be calculated?

i think the bounding sphere is identical to what you see when you open a binarized model. a box covering all the model. when i try to calculate the ammage resistance i also get very strange values which have nothing in common with the values used in the original configs.

i also would appreciate help on that topic.

There's also a "bounding" config entry that may affect it as well. For the BIS vehicles, its set as the "usti hlavne".

I haven't got damageResistance figured out yet either though. I ran a test w/ 5 different values for the same vehicle, and for all 5, the .50cals engaged but the .30cals didnt. I couldn't get the .50cals to acknowledge that they couldn't do damage, nor could I get the .30cals to understand that they could cause damage. sad_o.gif

Note that the damageResistance entry only tells the AI whether or not to fire at a vehicle. It doesn't actually resist or reduce damage in any way. It is just a flag for the AI, telling them whether to fire at a vehicle with a given weapon (so they don't fire rifles at tanks, for example).

I guess I didn't phrase myself well. I know that damageResistance does not affect anything except the AI's perception. I just can't get them to understand what I'm trying to tell them. sad_o.gif