*Vehicle respawn by norrin

*Small base by Matt Rochelle

*ROMM_IA by Rommel

*SLA base by BOS team

*OFPEC_ils by ofpec.

*For version 1.14 and higher

*Needs Queens Gambit

Background:

After fierce fighting and SLA surrender, a small renegade force in Rahmadi is still threatening the oil routes with a KA-50 black shark and some bombers.

Your team is entering Rahmadi to negotiate a solution. However we are up to no good this time. To ensure success we will hijack the kamov and the sukhoi's back to our base.

SLA officer holds the keypass needed to activate the black shark.

Local civilians have provided us an ammocrate with couple of weapons. Remember that SLA forces won't act kindly towards armed negotiators!

Use codepad to gain access to kamov.

(Ammocrate randomly placed in various locations)

Plenty of enemies to deal with.

The action starts when you have found the weapons. The crate consists of only 4 rifles/8 clips so deal them wisely and hunt for more weapons from downed enemy.

The intro will be skipped for JIP players.

*Team leader has the option for spawn tent.

FIXES MADE FOR 1.1:

*Removed song and shortened intro

*Added restricted zones in which entering means trouble for whole team. (Zones deleted after weapons purchased)

*Partisan commander changed as SLA officer to made identification easier

*Kamov locked and trying to access it without purchased codes will result in enemy becoming hostile.

*Added refuel/repair urals in restricted zone

*Players don't start in dc3, the plane has already landed and you start by the runway.

*Ammocrate location by the mast removed.

*One barracks added by starting point to shelter JIP players (if fast enough)

*Some minor trigger tweaks

======================================

FIXES MADE FOR 1.2:

*Revive sounds fixed

*Inventory check for each unit which changes the captive status for JIP players as well

*Intro now selectable

*1 Dragunov added to crate

*Condition for Obj1 finetuned to detect any primary/secondary weapons.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Objectives:

*Find the ammocrate and get the weapons

*Kill the SLA commander to get the Kamov codes

*Destroy radio tower to ensure hijacking the planes

*Fly the Black shark off from Rahmadi

*Get at least one of the Sukhoi bombers to Paraiso airfield.

*Hidden

2589de21e2818e9bb83a3c85562909fb.jpg

-Possible issues:

I hope you enjoy this. A lot of work has put into this one... wink_o.gif

A quick review after a 2 player game.

The mission begins with a long boring intro that actually doesn't contribute at all. You have to watch a plane fly in circles for a few minutes and then it will land. I actually left the computer, put on a can of coffee, cleaned a few plates and then got back as the plane landed. There is no text, no sound (except some music).

- Instead of the long intro, just make a short one showing how the plane is landing.

After the plane landed, I started 400 meters away from the plane, my leader said "Where the hell are you? Because I'm in the plane and you are not here!" - "no I spawned on the island...".

It's night, we don't have any NV-goggles. We have no idea where to go. The notes say "Search the crates from town near the mast or the tents". From town? (So the crate is from the town?) I guess it means that the crate is near the mast, or the tents. After maybe 15 minutes we found the crate! JOY! But it was not near the mast or the tents. And it was most certanly a bad place to pick up weapons from. The crate was actually in the barn on the south side of town, not even close to the mast or tents.

Now, finding the crate was nice. But since we spent about 15 minutes searching for it, it was morning and no longer dark. This meant that we could see all the troops on the island. And believe me when I say there were a lot of troops! Almost an entire army of russian soldiers with BMPs, T80s and so on.

Right, the crate again. We looked inside the crate and found a few AKs but only 8 mags for them! I picked one up and before I closed the gear menu, I was dead.

So the other player (who was in player slot 1) spawned something called a Mobile Respawn Tent inside the barn, next to the crate. Now we were well hidden but how serious was that?! Come on! Who picks up a tent from the pocket and puts it together inside a barn? Since we now had cover I was ressurected and got back into the fight, only to die again after beeing swarmed by perhaps 20 soldiers. All enemies on the map were actually heading towards our small fine barn. So here we were, with two AKs and a total of 8 magasines, fighting an army.

Now the mission was to kill some guy... but I have serious trouble finding him, and since YOU DIE as soon as you pick up a gun, finding him without having to shoot your way to him is impossible.

One more aspect was the whole "realism" feel. We were two spies who could do ANYTHING we wanted, walk anywhere we felt like. Even board a chopper and eject which threw us up into the air, and let us parachute down again. NO ONE ON THE ENTIRE ISLAND SEEMED TO FIND THAT STRANGE! After we did this we walked passed gun emplacements into, what seemed to be, restricted areas etc.

So, all in all..

Mission briefing: 4/5

Intro: 1/5

Realism: 1/5

Fun: not really

The idea was good. But it needs alot of work!

Thanks!

@Pellejones

Thank you for very thorough review.

It's weird 'cos when we tested it everyone was fine in plane. It could be that the script placing the units inside could misfire a bit.

It's suppose to leave you on beach if the plane has already landed.

About crate location: A missing "," from location maybe... it has 5 different locations 3 in town and 1 in tents and 1 near mast.

You have to of course make sure no patrol is passing by when taking weapons.

We managed to do so and keep us alive for a long time. Of course the mast location is a bitch 'cos you have to anticipate and place a spawn tent in town to a safe location.

On the area scouting:

Units are spies yes, but in this case negotiators enemy has allowed to fly in.

But I guess I could do "kill zones" which could be removed afterwards.

Ty for trying it out and the feedback  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Almost forgot...was it kamov you ejected from or Mi17's?

ps: I don't like too obvious handheld solutions so that's why you are not pointed towards targets whistle.gif

I'll post it here as well...

You need to insert the sounds again, cause I get revive errors like this one.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Sound Brian_Medic not found and that is UNIV_v07.ogg and it's missing. There are other sounds as well.

If you make "no go zones" please mark them with a hint or something.

Could you please add some more magazines to the ammocrate...

I'm doing this one tomorrow and want it all to work.

I'll post it here as well...

You need to insert the sounds again, cause I get revive errors like this one.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Sound Brian_Medic not found

and that is UNIV_v07.ogg and it's missing. There are other sounds as well.

If you make "no go zones" please mark them with a hint or something.

Could you please add some more magazines to the ammocrate...

I'm doing this one tomorrow and want it all to work.

*no go zones are marked on map and on ground with some signs.

*We're about to test a 1.2 fix where JIP issue is fixed by a script which detects inventory of each players. Also because of this I've added one Dragunov to the crate since all primary weapons are now checked

*I'll check the sounds.

Ty for interest and feedback.

v1.2 sould be released soon.

Final update ready on my behalf.

See top post for details.  smile_o.gif

I've noticed although ammo crate location is set random the most usual place is the barn.

Be careful not to pick weapons when patrol is passing by. You get also easily cornered in there is only few players.

This pic is from a scene I was trying it alone.

(You can do it if you just place a tent inside the barn first)

Happy hunting!!

3c6b68ec792247d425b2ad234858c3c0.jpg

I'm off to plan my next adventure.

Enjoy

VanhA

ps. sorry 'bout delay on the fixes