Sign in to follow this  
walker

Arma II Officially Better Looking Than Crysis?

I also love A2`s vegetation, openness and change in landscape, it look much better and more realistic than the repetitive, though beautiful, crysis jungle.

In short: Arma2 feels like a real place, Crysis does not.

Crysis wins on animations and physics though...

Actually, its the way around. ArmA2 doesnt have a chance against Crysis, but it's still very good looking. Although It's true that Crysis looks nowhere as good in still images as it does in motion, but I've noticed this in other games too.

BTW: Crysis looks cartoony? Where did you pull this out from? : D

Edited by ziiip

It doesn't look cartoony no. But it does look very hollywood like due to ToD settings based on the makers of the map. If you wanted to you could create a very realistic and convincing looking mapin Crysis' sandbox editor, OR you can go in the other direction and create something that looks like a Tony Scott film. (Cross-Process film bathing anyone?)

There some guys who's made some very large panaramic screenshots in Crysis that are downright beautiful. This was all done in the sandbox editor though, tweeking the look and everything.

Well to me, I don't mind how a game looks. As long as the gameplay is good. But BIS has improved the engine so much since OFP. I love it.

Hi all

So Now it is out in Germany at least, plus all those with Morphicon disease, I will wait for the 505 version, I will, I will resist! :(

What is the opinion all you owners of ArmA II, do you agree with Cinema Blend.

Is: Arma II Officially Better Looking Than Crysis?

Only 2 weeks and 4 days to go. I will wait for the 505 version, I will, I will resist! :(

Kind Regards walker

Graphically beautiful? No, honestly I don't think Arma2 looks better than Crysis. As a war setting? Yes, much much better. As gameplay? Well, Crysis had little to none gameplay wrt realism.

Personally I found Crysis extremely limiting in terms of getting from point A to point B. No choice whatsoever. CoD like. FarCry (the "original") was lightyears ahead. Unfortunately also FarCry2 was very limiting in this respect, although you were given the illusion of a fully free gameworld.

Would I like to see Arma2 gameplay in any of the mainstream game worlds? Not at all, except maybe some GTA cities for some urban fighting :) I don't think Arma2 has any realistic contenders wrt gameplay and graphics combined.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

CarlGustaffa hit the nail on the head. It almost feels arbitrary to compare the two games even on a mere graphical level as they feel so different. Crysis looked pretty nice from what I remember of the 3 hours playing it, but eventually came to feel like a 'gamey island.' Chernarus has a lot of personality to it, so much so, that onetime while I was following Razor team on a mission thru a town to a harbour, I actually got the sense of being somewhere else. Thats a feeling that has become rare, perhaps due to my age, but immersion is something I think everyone enjoys. I actually refuse to drive or fly around the Island so that I can keep those little 'fresh' feelings for as long as possible.

ArmA 2 has for sure the best looking vegetation so far wink_o.gif

The scenery is just stunning!

I know this is so the wrong place to go against this but are you serious?

Arma 2 looks great, it's a huge improvement and it's really there with some of the top games in terms of graphics but Arma's strength is the simulation and the unique gameplay.

Crysis might have a more colorfull and cartoony look vs arma series but crysis still has the edge when it comes to a living and dynamic enviroment, besides it's destruction just rapes Arma in all ways possible. Still isn't any game out there that really beats Crysis graphics, however i think it wasn't much of a game tho.. more of a techdemo.

Sure the addition of animals in arma 2 is nice but they've -180 in IQ basically they're just there they have no realistic behavior what so ever when it comes to running away from firefights or wicked humans.

Sure the addition of animals in arma 2 is nice but they've -180 in IQ basically they're just there they have no realistic behavior what so ever when it comes to running away from firefights or wicked humans.

180! :eek:

I was wondering why that goat looked away at me in disgust murmuring something about "degenerate primate" and "absolute zero"...

Edited by froggyluv

Arma 2 looks great, it's a huge improvement and it's really there with some of the top games in terms of graphics but Arma's strength is the simulation and the unique gameplay.

Crysis might have a more colorfull and cartoony look vs arma series but crysis still has the edge when it comes to a living and dynamic enviroment, besides it's destruction just rapes Arma in all ways possible. Still isn't any game out there that really beats Crysis graphics, however i think it wasn't much of a game tho.. more of a techdemo.

Completely agree on both counts.

agree

Still isn't any game out there that really beats Crysis graphics, however i think it wasn't much of a game tho.. more of a techdemo.

That's just plain stupid.

Based on the amount of bugs, the lame campaign and the reliance on mods, if any game should be considered a techdemo, it's ArmA 1/2, not Crysis.

As far as graphics go, Crysis looks a lot better in motion. In ArmA things constantly pop in view (vegetation, trees, houses,...) which quite frankly looks terrible when you're actually playing.

Based on the amount of bugs, the lame campaign and the reliance on mods, if any game should be considered a techdemo, it's ArmA 1/2, not Crysis.

Ok, ArmA II is in fact buggy. But lame campaign? Reliance on mods? People seem to be really enjoying ArmA II's campaign, and there are barely any mods out for ArmA II yet. Sure, ArmA can be considered a tech-demo, but definitely not ArmA II.

Hi all

dvolk have you actualy bought a copy of ArmA II yet?

ISVRaDa great photos, they show just how much better the graphics are in ArmA II.

The mud on the truck windscreen and the dirty window in corridor of the second from last photo. The last picture with the guy in the Anorak you could almost feel him running.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Arma pwnz crysis, some fanboys may say that Crysi has uber physics but it doesn't work on MP though...:rolleyes:

Arma pwnz crysis, some fanboys may say that Crysi has uber physics but it doesn't work on MP though...:rolleyes:

Ha, I was about to say the same thing. The destruction physics in Crysis are pretty awesome in single player but they are completely absent in MP. In ArmA(2) they may not be as "awesome" but at least they're consistent.

yea the trees and bushish of crysis come real close to that of ARMA2 and i find arma beter than crysis in its whole story grafixs everthing

Only the destruction physics, and that's just in servers running in DX9 mode. And if you want, I can post pretty pictures of a game too.

Jesus, I had not seen those before. I love the Blade Runner work. Funny that I just got the Final Cut not long ago.

Jesus, I had not seen those before. I love the Blade Runner work. Funny that I just got the Final Cut not long ago.

Off the shelves arma 2 can look better, but in the hands of dedicated 2D/3D artist Crysis can produce mind blowing renders, crymod is the place for that.

Yeah I saw a plant texture mod a long while ago, which I don't think it was ever finish, or at least released by the maker. Would of been nice to see.

Omg, truly love those Blade Runner screens. Truly captures the whole atmosphere of the movie. Gonna watch it tonight I think :)

Omg, truly love those Blade Runner screens. Truly captures the whole atmosphere of the movie. Gonna watch it tonight I think :)

lol it'd be creepy as hell to have Roy chasing you through some old building in a game.