Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

BI press release Re: OFP title and development

Hope he share and spread the information about this subject.

People need to know the real truth about the REAL creators of Operation Flashpoint, not the fake version.

but that site got NO entry about ArmA 2 at all ... sight crazy_o.gif

i think the site needs permission from the makers before they post info about a game

72 @ Mar. 11 2009,13:05)]That should be a legal breach. Not saying it is - just that it should be. They own the name, but as we all know its not the true follow up of the ORIGINAL Operation Flashpoint. CM plays a low & sleazy game...

[im]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/685/cmopfforums.png[/img]

Or maybe the muppets over at that forum just dont know better? Could be that too ofcourse. They take in everything CM tells them. Reminds me of some friends kids. Game titles like for example Gran Tourismo 5 "The REAL driving simulator!" makes them think it is the ultimate car simulator (LOL). They take in and swallows what that industry tells them.

I feel nausious...

huh.gif

Thats me, by the way i responded to that thread, i didnt make it.  tounge2.gif

Anyway to answer your question, yes most people are aware, and for those who don’t know many of us take it on ourselves to inform them.

I cant say im totally happy with CM, and i have expressed it in the topic at CM (defended Bis from some bashing), but I doubt anything will change. Im just hoping for two great games, but I have lots of interest on OFP: DR as I know its on the consoles, which is easier for me.

Just hoping ARMA2 comes out on 360 too, that or im going to have to buy a new PC at some point (can get Empire then too so its not all bad).

wink_o.gif

Didn't expect to see this when I opened the local newspapers:

bisnews2.jpg

In short, what they're reporting is that BIS is distancing themselves from OF:DR, stating that they're not the actual developers of OF:DR, and how Codies owns the name, but how the game has nothing to do with the original. They go on to say how the true sequel to OF is in development by BI and coming at an unspecified date.

Great PR quality control there.

BTW: I don't think we WANT Arma II on that site.. $89.00 for a frikkin game!!!?!!huh.gif? 3 games almost buys you a new system to play them on! Wow, I'm outta it for consoles, I guess. Didn't know the games cost so much. At least this genre may be worth it. Can't imagine paying that much for Zelda or Street Fighter and such.

BTW: I don't think we WANT Arma II on that site.. $89.00 for a frikkin game!!!?!!huh.gif? 3 games almost buys you a new system to play them on!

It's an Australian site, and Australia uses dollars too, Australian ones, which are worth less than US dollars wink_o.gif