Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

BI press release Re: OFP title and development

That's how Clive Lindop, Dragon Rising's senior designer, was originally introduced to Eurogamer when we visited the studio to see the game in development. After Bohemia protested and we took it up with Codemasters, we were told Lindop was a prominent member of the original Flashpoint "community", and published a correction.

Sounds like a lie being downplayed to me.

So what was his nickname back then, I'm sure there are people around here who would remember him, since many of us have been here (community-wise) since 2001. *Waits for the next less-than-true statement from the Fable Factory*

Although they've already given a little sitrep, when they released the new shots from ArmAII recently, now, PCGames.de brought the issue back to reader's attention:

http://www.pcgames.de/aid,677....ews

...it seems the strategy works.

.....we were told Lindop was a prominent member of the original Flashpoint "community", and published a correction.

Sounds like a lie being downplayed to me.

So what was his nickname back then, I'm sure there are people around here who would remember him, since many of us have been here (community-wise) since 2001.

"prominent member" eh ....

Maybe its blackdog or the like ..... wink_o.gif

I'm Spartacus! I mean err, I'm Clive!

Maybe BI can have a collector edition which include "The Big book about BI history" and a "I am Clive" T-shirt? tounge2.gif

maybe they sent clive back in time to infiltrate the flashpoint community and destroy it from within, if so...he failed.

As long as that doesn't make me Sarah Connor wink_o.gif

As long as that doesn't make me Sarah Connor wink_o.gif

No, that makes you Hudson from an entirely different movie franchise. Sent to give us all one message! "Game over man, Game over!"

Regarding the topic, way to go BIS, and all who are whining about this being some cheap PR stunt, so what if it is. I can't say I'll be disappointed if ArmA 2 sells well, and offers more players on the field of battle. On the other hand however, don't see what there is to accomplish, but that only denotes my own incapability to see through a thick plot.

Go BIS!

CM owns the name, BIS owns the soul. End of Discussion yay.gif

CM owns the name, BIS owns the soul. End of Discussion  yay.gif

amen.

Hell no.

ArmA showed that they have lost the touch long time ago. There's absolutely no chance that we will experience the OFP atmosphere in ArmA II.

I think Bis learned alot from the development of arma 1, and judging from all the press kits and screens, interviews and videos I can't believe any1 woul. d say that Bis has lost the touch. tounge2.gif

CM owns the name, BIS owns the soul. End of Discussion  yay.gif

amen.

Hell no.

ArmA showed that they have lost the touch long time ago. There's absolutely no chance that we will experience the OFP atmosphere in ArmA II.

LOL, hoplessly cynical much? It was ONE game.

You really are going to count those chickens before they hatch? I'm going to give the creators of OFP, who would know what OFP feels like, the benefit of the doubt and judge it when it comes.

ArmA showed that they have lost the touch long time ago.

If ArmA2 doesn't have ofp feeling, well, then I don't know what to say about ofp2:Dragon Rising. I mean... how to explain how far from the oryginal ofp it is...it's as far as "far... candle... plus... a monkey... when I say that to you, you're like "I don't even understand what that means" - that's how far (from the oryginal ofp) it is."

ArmA showed that they have lost the touch long time ago.

If ArmA2 doesn't have ofp feeling, well, then I don't know what to say about ofp2:Dragon Rising. I mean... how to explain how far from the oryginal ofp it is...it's as far as "far... candle... plus... a monkey... when I say that to you, you're like "I don't even understand what that means" - that's how far (from the oryginal ofp) it is."

Yes, very good said... i was about to write something similar.

Seriously, i think + i saw in the recent vids that Arma2 is way closer to OFP1's Atmosphere than Arma1 or OFP DR.

While OFP DR has the atmosphere of COD4/BF:BC rather.....

yup, from the recent video i also had the feeling that something is different, not exactly sure what, but it gave me some similar feelings with OFP.

I really hope ArmA2 is indeed what we expect. If the expectations are answered ArmA2 will be a "tool" and game for life. No doubt about it!  wink_o.gif

On the other hand, the bleak landscape of OFP:DR, which was shown as ingame footage on screenies recently, reminds me of OFP:CWC (w/o the forests). The rest of the visual presentation of the game seems very similar to well known shooters - yes. But there is still time for the codies to convince us otherwise confused_o.gif

Edit: Hey Ohara, new updates on fooliage available? Would like to get astonished once again wink_o.gif

Wow, why are they so against BIS?

Paid by CM too ? tounge2.gificon_rolleyes.gif

New news on Czech Tiscali Games: http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=31795&r=top

And with even more anti-BIS altitude then before.

I wish "jd" could at least get the facts straight but it seems he spent more time looking for other people sharing his view than actually looking up how it happened...

While I can't understand Czech, it does seem like they are biased against BIS confused_o.gif

I recall the terrible ArmA review that they did - on a crappy PC that could barely run the game and they even seemed to use old drivers that caused bad graphical glitches, then even posted screens with those glitches crazy_o.gif

Lazy biased journalists suck icon_rolleyes.gif