Sign in to follow this  
willybeef

installation error

iv lent my friend a copy of ofp. his pc far exceeds specs but the installation goes to 3rd cd and then says installation fail at the end hes tried several times , any ideas on what it could be ?

"there was an error in installation programe may run properly"

*bump*

I tried to reinstall my game and encountered the same problem at disc 3. It's also strange that I don't even have a directory "Codemasters" in Program files. I've installed this game several times since I bought it many years ago. Any ideas how to get round this?

This happened to me too (on windows vista) :) Basically the computer cant read the disk, once it copies all the files to program files and the error is encountered the folder is deleted.

If I am not mistakend there are promo videos on the 3rd disk. To get around this:

1) Manually create a folder called "codemasters" > "operation flashpoint" in your Program files folder

2) then manually copy the contents of disk 3 in to that folder ...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\...

The run the installer again and it should work :)

- Martin

Hi Martin and thank you for taking time to answer my question. Unfortunately it didn't help. I created the folder and went through the installation routine including disc 3. The same problem occurred. Then I tried to create the folder and install disc 1 and 2 and but then choose cancel when it asked for disc 3, but it similarly failed again.

This is a stupid problem really. Everything fails due to some unnecessary promo videos.

I have gotten OFP to install (no guarantee it will work for you :) )

what I did was go to Program Files and create a folder named Codemasters and in that folder make another called Operation Flashpoint then from CD 3 drag and drop the Promo folder into Operation Flashpoint folder and try installing again

Try downloading OFP GOTY from <censored> or something, its not really pirating the game since you did buy it and have a CD key

Edited by W0lle

Try downloading OFP GOTY from <censored> or something, its not really pirating the game since you did buy it and have a CD key

Yes it is, and discussion about piracy, cracking and such is not permited on these forums. Please refrain from doing it from now on.

Edited by W0lle

I am coming into this late due to just purchasing a new Windows 7 PC. Same installation errors as mentioned above. Will try the workaround suggested. In the meantime, has anyone tried installing on Windows 7 machine?

Edit*** 04/29/10

I tried the following:

1) Installing everything except disk 3 as described above. No help. Installation error resulting in Windows 7 deleting folders.

2) Created an empty folder called C:\Codemasters and installed game there. No help. Installation error resulting in Windows 7 deleting folders.

3) Copied everything from old XP machine from folder "Codemasters" on down. Bad serial number error.

I am out of ideas.

Edited by PopUpTarget
Information update.

I got my OFP GOTY to successfully install on a new Windows 7 machine. And here's what I did:

Move the UAC slider (in Control Panel) all the way to the lowest setting.

Create folder in C:\Program Files\Codemasters

Go to first install disk and manually navigate to, and right-click on Setup.exe (do not allow auto-run to launch!). After right clicking, select the Compatibility tab (you may to have to turn on Administrator rights), then select the compatibility drop down and scroll down to "Windows Vista SP3". Then click on the bottom check box that says "Install in Administrator Mode" (or something like that).

Now launch the setup and install all three disks. This should result in a "Installed successfully" message box.

Finally, reinstall the 1.96 patch. You should now be able to copy all of your mod and add-on folders back in.

Hope this helps.