Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

ah gotcha i haven't yet tested it since i had no time to do so but glad to hear that their is artillery sounds too

Hello there, I just wanted to tell you something, I have been testing WW4 mod anims 1.0 and then playing vanilla OFP, as far as I see, the animations like walking, jogging and sprinting are more slower than OFP ones, like, soldiers going more slow, and when jogging in 45 degrees ( W + A for example) the soldier anim goes more faster than what he moves. Im still having great fun with the mod itself, as it is light in conseps of HD, brings excelent soldiers in many different camo, equipment ect. and the animations (avoiding their slow movement) are still really good. Great job people.

And before ending: I have WW4 mod with the anim pack 1.0 installed, long time I dont check for updates, I would be thankful if you can say me if there are any updates released.

Great job people.

Actually,with the exception of the addons Sanc's incorporated,It's a one man show.But he's even done so much work on them,they could be considered unique versions.A lot of work has gone on behind the scenes.

:)

The diagonal anims have been reworked, in the 2.0 release the current "skatting" that occurs when moving diagonally should not be a problem anymore.

The updates that had been released should have links to be found in this thread :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1544589&postcount=796

But i don't track them down or maintain their download links alive, so i may have missed some of them, or some may be dead links by now, i am being busy on the 2.0 development as Macser pointed and doing other things.

Edited by Sanctuary

Little update to the ww4 mission editing helper :

http://www.filefront.com/15640081/testeffect5.rar/

2 new game logics are available, one for normal bombing run, the other for cluster version (big thanks to Drongo69 ).

ww4_AirstrikeLogic
ww4_ClusterstrikeLogic

Excellent stuff Sanctuary!

Question...can the direction of the cluster bomb impact zone be adjusted? For example, I need a drop along a tree line in a north-south direction. Can that be specified? I'm thinking in terms of small units on patrol, encountering suprise resistance of forces and calling in an airstrike.

I'm thinking maybe when clicking on the map for the drop target maybe click a "Start" point and an "End" point and the bombs would land more or less in between?

Also, can you add a napalm version of the cluster bombs?

Again...excellent work!

Good idea, i'll see if i can do with the 2 clicks while keeping the "just put a game logic" simple system, as the ww4 helpers are not meant to be something complex.

I think it should be easy if it will work like i think i can add that.

Meanwhile you can give a closer look to Drong69's Air Support that feature a much better airstrike interface and is much better overall and possibly future version will get even more interesting when he will implement more of his planned features.

Napalm should be easy to get in there, will have to just do the sfx as the script will be the same.

mate, i just try the ecp-ww4bis anims, this is an amazing job. the new animations are excellent. but I had to modify the cpp to keep the ecp stuff (DSAI, "release unit" etc etc).

can't wait to see your new jewel ;)

Sanctuary, are you going to leave the common soldiers with the original BIS weapons or are you going to change the weapons for the next version? I mean, I have seen that you have changed the the model of the BIS troops for some way more nicer and realistic, but I see they still keep the BIS weaponry, that gives to them something a little bit weird, I have been looking to the WW4 modification and would be a good idea to add to the soldiers your WW4 weapons, I have done it myself by the .cpp , good results. :)

The replacement is just a bonus, the focus of the mod is the ww4 troopers, not the 1985 ones, so i will not spend my time in replacing their weapons.

Anyone can replace the weapons by their favorites this way, better than being forced to use my own favorites.

Hi Sanc.

I saw a video on youtube.com as you can shoot from a moving vehicle. This will be added to version 2.0?

It would be good may add some new death animations, and the embarkation or disembarkation of the vehicle, helicopter, such as the 5t truck, the soldiers would be able to jump out of the sides

That was a command you can use in the OFP engine not a new feature.

STGN

how come the radio commands are muted but other sounds(gunshots, explosions....) are not?

Yes, it is normal as it improves a very lot the AI reactions speed a they are not anymore very slow to react to orders given to them, they follow orders immediately.

In the ww4 mod \bin\ folder there should be a "radio" subfolder.

Inside of this "radio" subfolder there is a config.cpp.

Take this one and replace the config.cpp that is in ww4 mod \bin\

You'll then get back the radio voices... and the very slow to react AI.

Thank you Sanctuary for such a good mod, you really have revived my enjoyment of OFP. I don't suppose you have any idea why the infantry commands are not there? I have installed the original pack and upgraded to test 4 (following all instructions) but I only have the standard commands available; reload, put weapon on back etc.

What are the "infantry command" you are refering to ?

nothing has been removed from the commands.

uhm dude , you meant those commands you issue to your squad? they usually open up when you select a member of the squad or press Backspace ( default setting ). Dont mistake that with the Action Menu.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I ment the custom animation things that you put in, like climbing over and jumping. How do you get them to work?

Edit - Sorry again, I have just searched the forum properly and I have found a solution to my problem, which was me being stupid, nothing to do with the mod. Thank you again for such a good addition Sanctuary.

Edited by Fennar