Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Little update of the ww4_veh_cfg.pbo :

http://www.filefront.com/15344025/ww4vehcfg8.rar

-the grenade launcher on the vehicles is now an automatic one with a higher fire rate

-modified the pkt into nsv (that's just a name change)

-modified a bit the hit damage and indirect hit damage that were a bit wrong

Apparently the AI use those changes well enough

clipboard01qp.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

That's very unfortunate.

It was very frustrating actually because long time ago i was preparing damage version of the textures, by example the damagehalf :

ueruty2.jpg

And after spending several days in these not appearing at all whatever i configured, i found somewhere buried on the forum that it was sadly only for car and helicopter.

Lot of hours wasted for nothing.

At some point, i looked for the setobjecttexture solution without even thinking there was already an eventhandler to be used because of the mod effects

... until i saw another very low point of it in Fab tutorial

One important thing : The textures which has been set by SetObjectTexture are not displayed a higher resolution than 32 per 32 in the game... I dont know why, as i higher the graphic settings at maximum on my computer (and i have a good one ;-) ). I assume it's a bug from BIS, so SetObjectTexture is good for small surface only !

32x32 would have displayed the damage texture in such a ridiculously blurried way that it would not have been even funny.

That's why i went with the vehicle going darker and darker depending on the amount of damage recieved, at least this is working.

Edited by Sanctuary

The textures which has been set by SetObjectTexture are not displayed a higher resolution than 32 per 32 in the game

Not necessarily true - the textures just have to be preloaded somewhere in the game. For example, you could apply the damaged texture to the underside of the model. If you applied it elsewhere using setObjectTexture, it wouldn't be blurry.

hey Sanctuary, i have a question about www4bis anims. how to change tpp view like in graa mod, but this same efective to shot ?

In the

class Man:Land

Replace this line :

extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

by this one :

extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

And you'll have the same 3rd person view as in GRAA.

Hey sanctuary, this a great mod man but I wanted to ask something. Can I change the default weapons in the campaign to the weapons you put in the mod?

ok, do you know how or where i can learn to do that because i am not very good with doing that sort of thing.

1 - unpbo the file named ww4_wpn

2 - look in the ww4_wpn for the name of the model you want to use to replace a specific weapon.

By example if you want to use the basic WW4 SG552 to replace the BIS M16, you will notice that the model is named in the ww4_wpn

ww4_SG552.p3d

3 - look into the WW4 config.cpp (located in the ww4 mod folder\Bin\ )

Open it with a text editor like notepad/wordpad.

4 - in the class CfgWeapons section, look for the weapon definition you want to replace.

In the example it is the M16, you will find it at

class M16:Riffle

5 - inside of this class, you need to look for the model assignated to this weapon, it is the line :

model="m16_proxy";

6 - to replace the model with the basic ww4 SG552, you know that its model is WW4_SG552.p3d , you need to replace the model = line by

model="\ww4_wpn\ww4_SG552.p3d";

That's all, ingame the M16 is now using the ww4_SG552.p3d model

Normally i would tell you to add the model itself into the class CfgModels to avoid the flash bug, but because the model is already defined in the ww4_Magazines.pbo, you need to do nothing more, there will not be a flash bug.

If instead of the SG552 would would like the M16 replaced by the Groza with a PSO attached on it, looking into the ww4_wpn, you would find easily that the model is named

ww4_GrozaPSO.p3d

So instead of

model="\ww4_wpn\ww4_SG552.p3d";

it would be

model="\ww4_wpn\ww4_GrozaPSO.p3d";

For the weapons optics, the line to replace in the

class M16:Riffle

is :

modelOptics="optika_m16";

in the ww4_wpn , the optics models are contained in the " mi " subfolder, there name makes it easy to find what you want.

By example if you want to replace the BIS M16 optic by the one from the M249, the ww4 model name is

optic_m249.p3d

So you would need to replace

modelOptics="optika_m16";

by

modelOptics="\ww4_wpn\mi\optic_m249.p3d";

if you would have prefered the holo sight, the model name being

optic_holo.p3d

the line to use would be

modelOptics="\ww4_wpn\mi\optic_holo.p3d";

Again, normally you would need to defined the model itself in the class CfgModels, but like the weapons, the optic models are already defined in the ww4_magazines.pbo, so no need to do more than this.

Now you should be able to continue by yourself for all weapons you want to replace ;)

Many thanks Sanctuary but I have one last question, is changing the sounds of the weapons similar?

speaking of changing guns for the ww4 units how about changing the actual bis units with modern warfare units same wit the soviet troops using ur addons

To change the 85' soldiers yourself in the WW4 mod :

First unpbo the file named ww4_trp.pbo

It contains every models for every WW4 troops, you'll need this to find the name of the p3d.

usually, each model name that begin with the letter "d" is the desert variant of a model, the ones that does not begin by a "d" are the woodland variant.

execption : delt...p3d, devgru...p3d that desert variant are ddelt...p3d, ddevgru...p3d

the models that name ends in ...sold.p3d are the models used for the troops.

the models that name ends in ...off are the models used for the officers. (that are not found in groups in the editor, only in single units)

the models that name ends in ...snip are the models used for the snipers.

Now, look for the soldier class you want to change first in the config.cpp of the ww4 mod folder\bin\

In the class CfgVehicle, you can find

-the basic BIS US soldier is defined there

class SoldierWB:Soldier

-the basic BIS Soviet soldier is defined there

class SoldierEB:Soldier

-the basic BIS Resistance soldier is defined there

class SoldierGB:Soldier

And after each of those classes you can see each variant of them (machinegunner, grenadier etc...)

The line that is interesting for you in such case is again, like the weapons

model="\ww4_rpl\blablabla.p3d";

By example for the basic BIS US soldier

model="\ww4_rpl\wesoldier.p3d";

I want to replace this already replaced model (ww4_rpl.pbo contain every '85 soldier model replacement) by the WW4 West Army, desert version

After looking i find that the desert West Army soldier model is named

darmsold.p3d

So i have just to replace the line :

by this one :

model="\ww4_trp\darmsold.p3d";

That's all.

If i wanted to replace this US basic soldier by the woodland East Paratrooper, after looking i ould find that in the ww4_trp it is named

vdvsold.p3d

So instead of

I would need to have the line :

model="\ww4_trp\vdvsold.p3d";

To have the '85 soldier replaced by the WW4 East Paratrooper.

etc... etc...

Just test around until you have the '85 soldiers you want replaced by the WW4 ones you want.

Like the weapons in normal conditions, i would tell you to add the model to the Class CfgModels, but that's already done in the configs each WW4 troops, so that's all you need to do.

Edited by Sanctuary

i have a special request:

could you take the combat ambience environment sound from dynamic range sound pack and add it to your mod as an extra in the mission editor? that'd be great. dynamic range was never updated for ofp 1.96 and the only good part about it was the combat ambience environment sound. The stock one that comes with ofp sounds garbage compared to it.

In the

class Man:Land

Replace this line :

extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

by this one :

extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

And you'll have the same 3rd person view as in GRAA.

Thx Sanctuary everything works :yay:

Wow Sanc, thanks to Rellikki I tried your standalone ww4anim pack.

I didnt know it existed lol....

And...

Amazement... Pure Amazement.

If I were to choose between motion capture and you - the choice would be simple.

12 soldiers running in formation, few with gun down, few with up, few with gun on shoulder... Wow... simply wow.

For the release, i am building some "mission editor helper" files, like some invisible units as observers, invisible object to be used as targets , some scripts you can use with adding a line in an init line or a game logic, etc...

Maybe i will add some sounds into it, i'll see.

Sounds good. If you're open to new ideas, could you maybe add some invisible walls/boundaries to prevent the player from accessing places that he shouldn't? Sometimes things like that in an open ended game like Flashpoint can be useful too. Some light sources could be very neat too, like in Dr.Pepper's zombie pack, if you ever gave it a try.

Good idea, theorically it should be easy to implement, at least i hope :D

I have no clue if your updating, but might as well ask... Maybe groin protectors for the US Army + US Marines. Also backpacks for some units? Just a thought:rolleyes:

I have some plan with backpacks (but external ones, not being built-in the models), but will not add shoulders or groins protections.

it would be cool to see that u changed some of the models and made em look like the ones from the new call of duty modern warfare 2. I loved the russian uniforms in that game lol

Great job on making this all by yourself.Unfortunatly i can't download that 70mb pack since my conection on the internet has speed of 7KB/s that would take years to complete and it was blody painful when i downloaded patches for OFP.