Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

what purpose to build cobra,hind etc..

Oh what's this? Look what I found!

The goal is to have those helicopters when manned by the AI to be really threatening the infantry.

Too often with the BIS value, when an AI helicopter is hopelessly circling around ground troop, it mostly never attacked out of a shot from time to time.

With those 2 modified BIS chopper, it will be very different :)

ecp + WW4bis combo works really sweet. I think it is the best solution for addon packs without any config file.

I know you might be eager Riffleman,but Sanctuary is only one person.

And seeing as he's the one doing the work,on his own time,I think he gets

the final decision on sheduling updates. ;)

There is lot of truth in what Anguis and Macser said.

There has been a slowdown in the mod due to some real life circumstances for which i had to give my time priority.

Hopefully it will get back on the usual tracks soon enough.

keep up the great work as always Sanctuary. I for one have stopped making addons for OFP, no time anymore. Im glad to see people still making and improving the great game that if OFP.

i noticed a glitch in the ww4 mod. It's in nogova when ur soldier is walking it doesnt sound like he's stepping on grass it actually sounds like he is stepping in snow and it really is a forest environment

I have not touched the environmental sounds made by soldiers movements (class SoundEnvironExt in class Man:Land ) , so it must be a bug present in default OFP too.

not really in vanilla ofp it sounds like grass but wit this mod it sounds like grass

Give me Nogova coordinates in mission editor where you can hear this so i can hear by myself, because i just tested running in front of one of the Nogova forest and inside and there was no difference at all between ww4 and vanilla in term of sounds.

Hearing different sounds would be entirely illogical because i have not modified any environmental sound.

its strange but its all over the place i first noticed it at the airport in nogova im gonna try to retest this maybe something happend to my ofp

after further testing on this glitch i had i found that their in fact is something wrong wit my version of ww4. I tried another MOD ECP to see if i still hear the walking in snow and i heard nothing in ECP but when i started ww4 i hear the walking in snow thing im pretty confused on why this is. Any help anyone?

ECP is using different sound (Satchel sounds if i remember well) than vanilla.

WW4 is using vanilla sounds.

hi, i'd like to ask, is it possible to make the ai use the leaning abilty in this mod? i thought maybe it can give quite an experience if it does...and a little suggestion, have u ever thought of making the US FFW soldiers like in the GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER? it's kinda cool u know? i thought of making it, but too busy....lol

its impossible to make the ai lean because the ai in ofp dont sidestep and for the ai leaning ability to work they have to sidestep too which they dont. So unfortunately its impossible and sanc i checked vanilla ofp and u r right nogova is sounding like snow and its not a problem wit the ww4 then this is very strange im gonna look further into this on my own

VME mod made the AI lean but it was not a calculated decision they just did it sometimes.

STGN

Doubt it is possible to have the AI lean without some lot of scripting workarounds like in SLX, and make an AI understand by itself when to lean is not really possible without "help" from the mission maker

In OFP there is nothing like the ArmA FSM to edit.

I am not sure what is a FFW soldier, but your own message apply to me a lot too :

too busy....lol

;)

So unfortunately its impossible and sanc i checked vanilla ofp and u r right nogova is sounding like snow and its not a problem wit the ww4 then this is very strange im gonna look further into this on my own

As i said, ECP has a soundpack integrated to it that change nearly every sounds, so if you play with ECP (or ww4ecp version) you may hear very different environmental sounds.

EDIT : an example of a scripting workaround for having the AI to lean is to have this leantest.sqs script in your own mission (see my instructions in the beginning of the script to see how to use it) :

;; [unitname,directionwantedtoface,rightorleft,standorcrouch] exec "leantest.sqs"
;; unitname is name of the unit
;; directionwantedtoface is the direction in degree
;; rightorleft to lean in a direction  you have to put right is 1 left is 0
;; standorcrouch lean standing or crouching, stand is 1 crouch is 0
;; example [bob,270,1,0] exec "leantest.sqs"
;; unit named Bob will face West, lean right, crouched

_uni=_this select 0
_dir=_this select 1
_leri=_this select 2
_stan=_this select 3

_uni setdir _dir
? _leri > 1 : goto "end"
? _stan > 1 : goto "end"
~0.1
? _leri == 1 : goto "right"

#left
? _stan == 1 :goto "lo2"

#lo1
_uni switchmove "WW4CRLeanLeft"
?!(alive _uni) : goto "end"
~0.01
goto "lo1"

#lo2
_uni switchmove "WW4LeanLeft"
~0.01
goto "lo2"

#right
? _stan == 1 :goto "lo4"

#lo3
_uni switchmove "WW4CRLeanRight"
~0.01
goto "lo3"

#lo4
_uni switchmove "WW4LeanRight"
~0.01
goto "lo4"

#end
exit

Unfortunately, the AI using such script is not able to open fire for unknown reason.

The looped switchmove is needed or the AI will go back to its default stance quickly.

Edited by Sanctuary

I am planning to add several scripts in the \Dta\scripts.pbo of the mod so the people, in the misison editor, will have easy access to several scripts.

They will then work like the famous "camera.sqs" , you will just have to exec "scriptname.sqs" without caring of the path to it, as the script will be considered built-in the mod.

If some people have some of their scripts that they feel could be interesting to implement this way, feel free to help.

f_n4dhaeiivqvm_c166548.jpg

I've been testing the new anim pack ww4bis with some most popular addons around. For example civilians from Tonal Redux have some problems like crooked posture + some kind of white thing growing from their bottoms. Is is model fault or sth ?

Just installed Tonal Redux, JAM3+facetex2 as required and launched it along the ww4test4 to see, and :

22222s.jpg

edit : and with WW4BIs instead of ww4test4 :

3333333o.jpg

There is no such problem for me for both.

I think you have, along ww4 and Tonal Redux, installed something else that is creating this bug you see.

Because what i see on your screenshot strongly remind me of what happens when you use some specific addons with the teacup dog (or some animal based on it like what is in the horror / farmland mod).

Maybe whatever you have in the addon folder on top of TonalRedux+WW4 is one of those addon creating the same issue as the dog .

Edited by Sanctuary

Looks like I have some extra addons located in the main addons folder, I got to clear that out and see :/

Tonal Redux has its own anim.pbo in the dta folder. I'm not sure if it's related to the problem, but it would be adviceable to remove it before using the WW4 anims.