Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

I am having an issue with the sound. When I shoot something even at long distance I hear it as if it were right next to me. It sounds like I'm being shot at or if I shoot an enemy at long distance I hear them cry out in pain even though I wouldn't in the normal game. Why is this? Can I do anything to fix it? Great mod other than the sound issues.

with your ecp config, what features will we not get with regular ww4 1.5? will the standing animations be gone? cuz i was hoping to have dynamic speaking and the standing animations.

the standing should be in the ecp config, it is a part of the CfgMovesMC animations.

The difference will be the whole bunch of scripts running in the ecp background that will not be there in the vanilla ww4 (so performance wise vanilla ww4 will always allow more ressource intensive missions).

The ww4 explosions, fire and smoke script will not be in the ecp version (that has its own effect)

Other than that, both experiences should be similar.

I am having an issue with the sound. When I shoot something even at long distance I hear it as if it were right next to me. It sounds like I'm being shot at or if I shoot an enemy at long distance I hear them cry out in pain even though I wouldn't in the normal game. Why is this? Can I do anything to fix it? Great mod other than the sound issues.

Never observed this problem, as i never modified the "cry in pain" sounds, they are the same as vanilla OFP.

If you can create in the mission editor a situation that create the problem you mention, upload it somewhere so i can take a closer look.

If iam played as a sniper than i can hear sound of soldier which got hit by me.

Sniper are very deadly.

@sanctuary is it possible to apply your modification to other user solder addon.

Again, never observed this problem.

Create a situation in the mission editor in which your problem can be reproduced, and upload it somewhere. I will not fix bug that i don't see existing.

what about providing the reproductable example of your bug report instead ?

I did't have a problem of any bug.what i said is that sniper become deadly.my question about modification.

So why have you wrote :

If iam played as a sniper than i can hear sound of soldier which got hit by me

If you have no problem ?

A bit of update,

-there is now an accurate weapon picture for each of the currently 111 weapons (took me a while to get them all working) in the briefing->gear menu, no more placeholder

clipboard01dt.jpg

-the east airborne troopers have a new desert camo

clipboard01vl.jpg

In the release, you will have the choice between the regularly armed ww4 troops and an alternative in which every of the ww4 troops use HD ammo.

But testing that as there are lots of ammo mags names and all will take a long time for me alone, pulling the ww4 release back, so if anyone want to help in testing if this HD alternate works as correctly as i hope, download this 3.6mb rar archive :

http://www.filefront.com/14823047/ww4test_HD.rar

or there

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zqt1mwnmjvn

Create a copy of your WW4 mod folder, and extract all the various PBO that are inside this rar archive in the Addons subfolder of this ww4 mod folder copy.

It will replace 20 files of the same names.

Once done, delete the following file from your copyofww4modfolder\Addons\

ww4_rguer

ww4_rinsu

ww4_rmili

ww4_rmerc

Those files are obsolete and will not be present in the future release, having been replaced by other pbo to fix a name sorting problem in the ww4 west group menu of the mission editor.

Now every ww4 troops will use HD magazines.

(note that the WW4_Magazines.pbo contained in the archive is the latest version, totally up to date, it is featuring all the correct briefing gear pictures, so even if you are not interested in testing the HD files, you can get the archive for the up to date WW4_Magazines.pbo)

I hope my mags replacements and new definition are correct, but please report any bugs and error messages you may encounter so i can fix them before release.

It's a nice idea. :) Good for those who don't wish to get killed by the over-accurate AI, even if the mission wasn't designed with HD ammo. After a quick test, I didn't encounter any problems and every unit I tested so far seemed to be armed with HD ammo. I will test further and report if I find any problems.

Earlier I reported about being able to sprint with pistol without getting tired, thus maintaining maximum speed at all times. Just wanted to note that the same issue goes for sprinting with a missile launcher too. Also, I'm not sure if this is able to be fixed or if it's an engine limitation, but when your legs have been taken out and you cannot stand on your feet anymore, you can still stand and run all fine when wielding a missile launcher. Those issues would be better fixed.

Nothing to do with HD but running(E) while crouched, you don't throw your self on the ground which is annoying when under fire under fire.

STGN

the link is broke for the most up to date ww4 mod is their any other links?

Where have you found that broken link to the up to date ww4 mod.

I don't remember posting one "up to date" ww4 mod download link as it has been a work in progress for lot of time, there is only the original release (most links are working) in the 1st post of this thread and few beta test pbo along the thread but i don't remember which pages.

for the anims problem, i will see what i can do, but no promise. For the tiring, should be easy to fix, unless there is something hardcoded in the way of course.

Ah this one, now i see.

It is obsolete, so here is test4 instead :

http://www.filefront.com/14836221/ww4test4.rar

http://depositfiles.com/files/vec998cuy

http://www.badongo.com/file/18151918

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZXPZZU7

http://www.zshare.net/download/6778463992f87398/

http://rapidshare.com/files/300764519/ww4test4.rar.html

To install, first get an original ww4mod1 mod folder (you can find it in the 1st post of this thread if you have not kept an original one), then create a copy of it

Change the copied mod folder name into ww4test4

Once done, in the ww4test4\Addons\ , remove the following files :

ww4_rguer

ww4_rinsu

ww4_rmili

ww4_rmerc

Now open the downloaded archive

put the files that are in its Addons folder into ww4test4\Addons\ and accept the overwrites

put the files that are in its bin folder into ww4test4\bin\ and accept the overwrites

put the files that are in the Dta folder into ww4test4\Dta\ and accept the overwrites

Launch OFP with a shortcut modified to have in the target line

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@ww4test4

And that's all.

Does not include the HD version in the download, but include the same up-to-date WW4_Magazines.pbo.

You can additionally download the HD version of the troops from some last page and replace the troops pbo from the ww4test4 if you prefer everyone to have HD ammos.

(test4 like test2 does not include any new weapons, islands, textures, retextures, models that will be found in the official new release, just a question of keeping size small as uploading big files is not really that easy to me).

thank you

EDIT: I dunno if you noticed this in previous pages but the binoculars do not work in the up to date mod

Edited by kosta87
glitch

I have no problem with binoculars.

Also great update!

The binoculars do not force you to use their sight anymore, you need to press your ironsight key to use the binocular sight once you have equipped it like if it was a weapon.

This way you can have them in hand, but you can quickly use your larger view of the battlefield around you to see if something is not sneaking on you while you were using the zoomed sight of the binocs without having to un-equip them.

edit : the test4 update has the latest armor/sensitivity values (depending on the troops) that will very likely be the final ones unless someone report a big problem with them.

The engagement ranges of the ww4 weapons are too very likely the final ones and are a part of the test4 update.

Edited by Sanctuary

Whether in the final version ww4, the file "RESOURCE.BIN" will be CPP? I want to remove the counter ammo.

Edited by Stary wiarus

Is it possible to apply your modification of Bis solders to other use made solder.