Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

i didn't notice this at first, but you included something i liked from ecp, the standing animations when the soldiers are still, they actually move a little bit sometimes, thats badass. now if you could just get dynamic speaking, we'd be in business and i wouldn't need ecp at all. nice work. still testing.

Dynamic speaking being a scripted function, it will come only with the ECP version of the WW4 config only, not with the regular mod.

When you say "run" you mean jogging (normal run) or sprinting (run with the turbo key pressed) ?

I tried to reproduce what you report, removing all weapons to a soldier and giving him only binocular and pistol, and i don't see the animation problem you report, the soldier use the binocular and switch to pistol (and vice versa) without a "put rifle on back" animation appearing wrongly in the middle.

The same i don't observe this problem if i use a soldier that has already binocs and pistol and have him drop his rifle.

Can you provide screenshots of this problem ?

I mean sprinting.

Better than screenshots, here is the mission:

http://rapidshare.com/files/261968958/pruebaWW4test2.noe.rar.html

Look the leader at the first waypoint.

Edited by OverCharger

I see the problem, you are making a mistake.

You use a

A1 playMove "BinocCrouch"

BinocCrouch is the animation of when the soldier has the primary weapon in hand, it is not the animation to use when the solider has the hangun.

To use the correct animation, you must use

A1 playMove "BinocHandGunCrouch"

Now for the second animation, i don't understand what you are trying to do with a

A1 playMove "CrouchToHandGunCrouch1"

You have a soldier that does not have a primary rifle and has a pistol in hands, so why do you tell him to use the "from -primary rifle crouch- to -handgun crouch-" animation ?

Hi Sanctuary. :)

I have a question.

West unit: Airborne (Desert), is this the final version?

Can better remove the goggles, or raise the goggles?

BTW

Your animations @ units are amazing. Well done.

:clap: :notworthy:

No, the googles like this are to make the unit a bit different visually from the other units with googles on helmet.

Unfortunately unless someone find a way to simulate swimming without scripting, it will not be built-in.

(though i have plans to have this kind of scripts ready for use for mission editors)

EDIT :

Small video of the modifications of the WW4 pistol animations since the released test version :

As usual it is not final, but it can give you an idea of where it is going.

I forgot to show it, but when sprinting (and when you rise the gun) you can launch a grenade without the soldier stopping immediately as it was previously.

I have noticed that running while crouched you do not throw you self on the ground, but stop ang casualy drop down.

STGN

Pistol animations are looking great and realistic! Can't wait for the full release!

Pistol animations are looking great and realistic! Can't wait for the full release!

Ditto!:yay:

Hahahahahh, Nice animations there Sanctuary!

Made me think of Lethal Weapon for some reason. can't wait to use these. :D

We just noticed a little issue on the animations in multiplayer - When you start sprinting from the crouch stance and then push the crouch button while sprinting, the character takes a step to left back before halting. We found it kinda disturbing and this wasn't in the earlier versions of the animations, so I hope it will be fixed. :)

Good report, i found the problem and fixed it.

To fix it yourself, look for

class CombatSprintF:Default

scroll down a bit and replace

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintF",0.1,"CrouchSprintF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintF",0.1};

look for

class AimCombatSprintF:Default

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintF",0.1,"CrouchSprintF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintF",0.1};

This should be all.

EDIT

no that's not all, the problem occurs in the diagonal sprinting. But the solution is as relatively easy : you must look for :

class CombatSprintLF:CombatSprintF

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintLF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintLF",0.1,"CrouchSprintLF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintLF",0.1};

and

class AimCombatSprintLF:CombatSprintF

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"CombatSprintLF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"CombatSprintLF",0.1,"CrouchSprintLF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintLF",0.1};

class CombatSprintRF:CombatSprintF

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintRF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"AimCombatSprintRF",0.1,"CrouchSprintRF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintRF",0.1};

and

class AimCombatSprintRF:CombatSprintF

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"CombatSprintRF",0.1};

by

interpolateFrom[]={"CrouchToCrouchSprintF",0.9,"CombatSprintRF",0.1,"CrouchSprintRF",0.1,"AimCrouchSprintRF",0.1};

Edited by Sanctuary

Thanks for the fix.

Another thing I noticed is that you cannot throw grenades from pistol crouch stance - Forces the player to stand up. I thought that should be fixed too, since the mod has solved that issue when using an assault rifle.

That's actually not a bug, that's just one of the bizarre BIS design choices , being forced to stand up while crouched to launch a grenade is default OFP behaviour.

My "fixes" are in fact gameplay additions.

Launching a grenade in pistol crouch stance like you can do with the primary rifle is planned anyways and will be implemented before the mod official release.

Sanctuary,

I posted the following questions in your GRAA Modpack 3.0 thread, thinking that it was this one (don't ask!). IF you don't mind addressing my queries here, it'd be greatly appreciated!

The new shooting stances that you have posted images/video of are dramatic improvements. Somehow, you just keep squeezing out more quality from this game than originally intended.

While I have uninstalled OFP in the past, it was never for "forever." For technical issues, yes, but to put away or to use/abuse as a coaster for drinking glasses? No way!

It sounds like you have quite a bit planned for these units. Seeing them scale defensive walls just left me speechless.

Could you take a handful of minutes and list all of the features that you're trying to integrate into the units that will be "inherent" with each unit? I'm more than a little curious. Stuff such as swimming, quick-jumping over fences/waist-high obstacles, and gear specifics such as mountable aiming aides (ACOGs, Aimpoints, Cobras), mountable suppressors, C-Mags and/or drum magazines, smoke/dust puffs, etc., etc.

If I missed such a list in the past, I apologize in advance. Also, I'm not expecting a list such as this to be held "against" you, meaning that you "have to" meet every desired objective that's listed. Heck, you don't have to list a single thing. I just don't want you to feel that by posting such a list that you're obligated to it. I'm just dying to get a peek at the bigger picture.

Keep up the amazing work! And thanks for the updates!

:)

I think in this mode it is very easy to kill enemy,they walk carelessly.but indeed great work.some new ofp players are playinig with it.

If I missed such a list in the past, I apologize in advance. Also, I'm not expecting a list such as this to be held "against" you, meaning that you "have to" meet every desired objective that's listed. Heck, you don't have to list a single thing. I just don't want you to feel that by posting such a list that you're obligated to it. I'm just dying to get a peek at the bigger picture.

Sorry i don't have time to make such a list with everything i will or will not do i prefer to waste that time working on the many things for the next release, just read the 1st post and browse the thread you will be able to find many answers.

Or just wait for the 1.5 official release when it will be done to have more information on what will be in.

I think in this mode it is very easy to kill enemy,they walk carelessly.but indeed great work.some new ofp players are playinig with it.

Just tell them to not walk carelessly.

i was wondering if u were gone put minerollers and 5ton trucks with m.50cal or grenade launcher on them.

No, for the release there should be ground only and amphibious APC for each sides in both woodland and desert variant, possible armed car for each sides, and if i am not completely bored by this insane amount of work, maybe another vehicle class.

Vehicles will be the focus of the later expansion, not for the WW4 upgrade 1.5