Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Sanctuary are you going to put patches on us army soldiers like 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th infantry patches.

You already asked this question in the previous page and i already replied.

Sanctuary when i played your graa and ww4 mode there is no sound when i talk to other.radio message and firing have sound.can you suggest me what to do.

Sanctuary when i played your graa and ww4 mode there is no sound when i talk to other.radio message and firing have sound.can you suggest me what to do.

It's on purpose. Just replace (in WW4 mod) the config.bin in the "bin" folder by the config.bin which is in the "radio" folder. Make a back-up though.

I try it but no voice from solder mouth.i mean to say that there is no sound.i can hear only bullets firing and radio voice only

I try it but no voice from solder mouth.i mean to say that there is no sound.i can hear only bullets firing and radio voice only

Sorry i didn't read carefully your post. What kind of "mouth voice" are you expecting ?

I mean to say that when i give order to anyone i can see written only not sound.

For GRAA modpack 3

Go into ...\@GRAA\bin\ folder

Open the config.cpp (it is a text file so notepad/wordpad can open them)

Look for

//#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

remove the " // " to obtain

#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

Save the changes

Radio voices are enabled

For WW4 modpack 1

Go into ...@ww4mod1\bin\ folder

Delete the config.cpp

Go into ...@ww4mod1\bin\Radio\ folder

Take the config.cpp

And put it in

...@ww4mod1\bin\

Radio voices are enabled

Well, in that case i have no idea, because none ever reported this problem, and i have never noticed it myself.

Sanctuary,

Yes, I'm aware that all of the units are available in groups for the West, but from the way that they're displayed on my editor's screen, not all sides are available as groups as East or Resistance. Having them listed as such would allow us to quickly use them as mercs, or however the editor deems. Now, I thought that I read somewhere that one can alter any model's allegiance by entering a script code to do so, but this adds additional work onto the editor. It might seem like a simple thing, but that time adds up pretty quickly, unless someone has a quick scripting shortcut for switching alllied groups' allegience so that they're now bitter enemies, to which I'd be happy to use if someone could direct me to it.

It's important to note that I'm using your units within Big Rooney's now-unavailable for download Modern+SLX super comprehensive mod, which, in my opinion, gives the hardest hitting and smartest AI (they'll actually garrison buildings and fairly smartly clear you out of a building if you're in it yourself). While I enjoy FFSX by Thunderbird, he disabled the AI's garrisoning capabilities, so I'm using Big Rooney's until something better comes out.

Anyway, the point of me bringing this up is that I noticed the other day that the textures for WW4's faces are misaligned with my setup, and if my memory serves me correctly (we're going way back here), this is due to one of the two mods using Llaama's heads; am I correct on this? I'm assuming that since you're optimizing your mod to cause as little framerate issues as possible, that the WW4 operatives are using the default BIS' heads--yes?

However it's setup, is there a chance that you'll supply a set of these amazing units so that their face textures are compatible? Just hoping and wondering!

Have to hit the books again. Have a great weekend all, and please wish me luck on tomorrow's State certification exam!

Yours!

:)

Sanctuary,

Yes, I'm aware that all of the units are available in groups for the West, but from the way that they're displayed on my editor's screen, not all sides are available as groups as East or Resistance. Having them listed as such would allow us to quickly use them as mercs, or however the editor deems. Now, I thought that I read somewhere that one can alter any model's allegiance by entering a script code to do so, but this adds additional work onto the editor. It might seem like a simple thing, but that time adds up pretty quickly, unless someone has a quick scripting shortcut for switching alllied groups' allegience so that they're now bitter enemies, to which I'd be happy to use if someone could direct me to it.

If you mean by example "East specific soldiers" available under West and Resistance etc... no that's not going to happen, it will clutter too much the editor menus.

Only the militia/insurgency/guerilla and mercs groups will be available for the 3 sides (West, East and Everon Alliance) in the incoming upgrade

It's important to note that I'm using your units within Big Rooney's now-unavailable for download Modern+SLX super comprehensive mod, which, in my opinion, gives the hardest hitting and smartest AI (they'll actually garrison buildings and fairly smartly clear you out of a building if you're in it yourself). While I enjoy FFSX by Thunderbird, he disabled the AI's garrisoning capabilities, so I'm using Big Rooney's until something better comes out.

There is a reason the garrisoning was disabled in FFSX, the SLX scripts allowing those are heavy on ressources when there are lot of troops in a battle, and are very likely to crash the game.

That said and for everyone, note that i am supporting only the WW4 modpack (and the ECP version of it that will be in the incoming upgrade), so any bugs related to FFUR/SLX/MCM/etc.. i am not interested in them as they are unrelated to my work, but are most likely the result of mixing addons/part of mods that are not always compatible with each other.

My free time is too limited to support mods that are not mine and so that i don't know each inner scripts and config like my own.

Anyway, the point of me bringing this up is that I noticed the other day that the textures for WW4's faces are misaligned with my setup, and if my memory serves me correctly (we're going way back here), this is due to one of the two mods using Llaama's heads; am I correct on this? I'm assuming that since you're optimizing your mod to cause as little framerate issues as possible, that the WW4 operatives are using the default BIS' heads--yes?

The WW4 troops are using the BIS head for performance reasons, if their faces are misaligned in a mod X, it means indeed that mod X is using the Llauma head as default.

However it's setup, is there a chance that you'll supply a set of these amazing units so that their face textures are compatible? Just hoping and wondering!

No, it is not going to happen from me.

But i provided MLOD version of every soldiers in the WW4 modpack, so you can after reading some O2 tutorials replace the heads yourself by anything fits your needs.

i back you sanctuary on using bis heads. at least with bis heads you can have recurring characters in your story without the head constantly changing every mission.

Wow. I had no idea that Llauma's heads were affixed randomly. That does mess up consecutive missions shared by the same characters!

Now I wish that the Modern+SLX mod didn't use them!

Bummer! I guess that I'll start using the WW4 for mission making once it's folded in with ECP.

Thanks for the feedback!

The wrong face assignation at each reload is affecting only soldiers for which the face is given by the random face script that comes with several addons featuring the Llauma head.

For soldiers with Llauma head that do not use the random face script, like in the GRAA mod by example, in which the face Llauma-complient face texture replace the original BIS faces, there is no erroneous assignation of the head at a reload.

I don't know if MCM or FFSX use the head as complete replacement, or if they use the Llauma random script though. But the reload messing the correct face is only exisiting for soldier that use the random face script.

A low point with the non-script method is that replacing the face textures from BIS to Llauma format is making it so that you can't use addon soldiers with such mods if they use the BIS head themselves, as their face texture will look wrong and ugly.

That's why by example you can use without a problem the polish GROM addon with the GRAA modpack as they feature the Llauma head model (this addon is using the random script for the face but because they use the Llauma head they are using the same format of texture anyways), but if you use the WW4 troops that feature BIS head, their face will become rather bizarre.

Bummer! I guess that I'll start using the WW4 for mission making once it's folded in with ECP.

About that point to avoid misunderstandings, i want to make clear that the WW4 mod is not merging with ECP, it is always a standalone mod of its own.

What will be released along the WW4 mod is an ECP version of the WW4 config, but not everything from WW4 (the special effects, smokes and dust) will make it into the ECP version of the config because ECP has already their own built-in scripts managing their special effects.

Edited by Sanctuary

Sanctuary you are awsum!!!

Been following your work since GRAA and you never fail to dissapoint. Thanks for all your hard work on the project and i cant wait for the ECP config!!!

For people trying to make textures for the units from the ressource pack, as you noticed the one i build are 512*512, while at few meters it looks very nice, close on it is less visually nice.

Nothing prevents you to use bigger or smaller textures, as long as you respect the proportions.

By example, the difference between a 512 sided and a 1024 sided from close , keeping the same proportions :

clipboard01zjq.jpg

But logically visual quality comes with a price, 1024 is more demanding than 512.

It is not the head that is doing that, but the face texture.

By example, the Llauma head with Hyakushiki face texture adapted from BIS original ones :

65940484.jpg

The eyes are already more lively.

new mod what sfeature in it. i want to know.is there anyone.

Edited by riffleman
no

It is not the head that is doing that, but the face texture.

By example, the Llauma head with Hyakushiki face texture adapted from BIS original ones :

65940484.jpg

The eyes are already more lively.

are they in your mod? if yes, i'm blind :p

about the texture size, I used also a 1024x1024 tex, because as you said, the quality is less good in 512x512

These are Hyakushiki US soldiers, they are integrated in the GRAA modpack.