Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Hi again.

If anyone is making missions using WW4 and Group Link II, here is the array for add WW4 silenced weapons in mission init file:

; Silenced weapons types (AI hearing range is ~15 meters)
KEY_WpnClass0 = KEY_WpnClass0 + ["WW4_M16SD","WW4_M16RefSD","WW4_M4RefSD","WW4_M4M203SD","WW4_M4AcogSD","WW4_M4AimSD","WW4_M4HoloSD","WW4_M249SD","WW4_SR25SD","WW4_AKSUSD","WW4_AKSUPK01ASD","WW4_AKSUKobraSD","WW4_AKSUPSOSD","WW4_VSS","WW4_MP5SD","WW4_MP5SDAim","WW4_AK74MKobraSD","WW4_AK74MSD","WW4_RPK74SD","WW4_GrozaSD","WW4_AK47SD","WW4_FALSD","WW4_AKS74SD","WW4_LR300SD","WW4_SG552SD","WW4_SG552RefSD"]

All the other WW4 weapons will be hearing in a 600m range.

Let me know if you find any mistake.

I already made one mission using WW4 and GP II and runs excellent.

I´m waiting for WW4 choppers to make the missions more real and challenging.

Trying this mod out with the "Steal the Ural" mission, and both of them are amazing. Thanks for the hard work!

I'm confounded though, as to why I have two mouse pointers present whenever I load up the WW4 mod. While other mods are installed (such as FFUR+SLX 2007), I'm using a shortcut who's target line solely has WW4's name in it.

Any ideas?

I'm not having any issues with two pointers showing up in either the default OFP or with a different mod.

Also, would WW4 be compatible with the always-incredible SLX mod?

Thanks!

I'm confounded though, as to why I have two mouse pointers present whenever I load up the WW4 mod.

Any ideas?

That problem is not related to the ww4 mod, i also had two mouse long tome ago while playing the game with no mods, i fixed it by changing the REFRESH RATE in the video option and it stopped or you can do it like this;

when you start the game and soon as the second mouse shows up move your mouse left and right(do this fast) and it will just disappear-this also worked on my pc...

It is strange that you see the double pointer with ww4 but not with other mod because if you observe it once, it should happen everytime for you, mods used or not are irrelevant.

It is a problem between certain hardware (or graphic driver) and OFP.

On my older computer, there was no such problem, on my current computer the problem appear.

But fortunately there are 3 solutions :

-as daraofp said , change the refresh rate in the OFP options, so you obtain a different refresh rate from your monitor, that's what i do myself.

-or put OFP into a different resolution than your desktop.

-or put OFP into a different color depth than your desktop.

Thats right, you also can press the ALT and TAB -key combination to hide (minimize) the running (Operation Flashpoint) program and pressing them again, to get the program back to screensize. This also removes the Microsoft mouse pointer without changing anything else. Should work for you too.

I stand corrected in RE to when i shows up. It happened in another mod too since then. Thanks for the fixes!

Hey Sanctuary how is the new WW4 update coming??? Is there a way you can make firefights similar to those in FFUR SLX 2007? Like less accurate soldiers. You see I played FFUR the other day then I switched back to your mod and aiming at enemies was kinda easy. even at long distance targets.

Edit the config and change the dispersion of the weapons a value of around 0.006 seems like a good high dispersion to me(I use it for automatic fire) with everybody being able to hit each other yet alot of misses. Also notice that aimpresision is quit low in ww4 so the gun dosent sway noticeably to the player but this also makes the AI faster at aiming and shooting.

STGN

Yes, it was a difficult decision, on one side i could make the "weapon wavering" increased to give more aiming challenge to the player, but doing so made the AI a lot more slower to aim (as unfortunately , unlike the dispersion, there is not different value for AI and player regarding the aimprecision), making battles with the AI very easy as they would take too much time to shoot at the player.

So i went the other way, less "weapon wavering" (lower aimprecision), making the aiming easier for the player, yes, but with the side effect to allow the AI to aim a lot quicker, increasing the challenge of the AI.

This way instead of killing easily dozen after dozen of AI easily like in most mods, you have to be a lot more cautious as once you are detected you are going to be dead meat quickly if you don't take cover.

There will be an armed humvee for the west side, but not the other vehicle.

Sanctuary,

Last night I discovered something rather exciting regarding AI and urban combat that I don't want to let out of the bag just yet, not till my mission building is done (which is going to be VERY robust for a first release!), but I am hoping that in your next update that you'll have groups made up of the units that will be available in the editor. They're too good not to use.

Also, would it be possible to setup the units in the editor so that the ALL sides can alsobe used as mercenaries? I've noticed in photographs that mercs' equipment "fashion" tends to reflect the region that they're from, as well as their personal equipment choices, which is logical, since most mercs are coming out of their country's military to go private. Perhaps they could be listed as something like "Merc--West; Merc--East..." Now what's nice about this is that if the editor wanted to design a group of mercs that looked like a real hodgepodge affiliation of contractors from around the world, well, with them being assignable in the way that I just mentioned, that could be something easily achieved and an OFP "first" as far as I know.

But then, you've done a lot of "OFP firsts" haven't you? And are we ever grateful for it!

Sanctuary you should put patches on us army soldiers like 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th infantry patches.

Sanctuary,

Last night I discovered something rather exciting regarding AI and urban combat that I don't want to let out of the bag just yet, not till my mission building is done (which is going to be VERY robust for a first release!), but I am hoping that in your next update that you'll have groups made up of the units that will be available in the editor. They're too good not to use.

There are tons of WW4 groups in the editor, each corps have even several kind of sub-groups.

Also, would it be possible to setup the units in the editor so that the ALL sides can alsobe used as mercenaries? I've noticed in photographs that mercs' equipment "fashion" tends to reflect the region that they're from, as well as their personal equipment choices, which is logical, since most mercs are coming out of their country's military to go private. Perhaps they could be listed as something like "Merc--West; Merc--East..." Now what's nice about this is that if the editor wanted to design a group of mercs that looked like a real hodgepodge affiliation of contractors from around the world, well, with them being assignable in the way that I just mentioned, that could be something easily achieved and an OFP "first" as far as I know.

But then, you've done a lot of "OFP firsts" haven't you? And are we ever grateful for it!

As i re-organised the groups menu (F2) in the editor, so it is way less cluttered, i could add more groups.

This way every side (West East and Everon Alliance) in the incoming upgrade will have access to their own

-mercenary groups

-guerilla groups

-insurgency groups

-militia groups

But their weaponry and desert/woodland camo will stay the same for now as it is for the current released WW4 for the Resistance sided version, this could change for the far later planned expansion.

Sanctuary you should put patches on us army soldiers like 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th infantry patches.

There is no us army in the WW4 modpack, so there is no us army patches.

Thanks for the quick response Sanctuary. What I mean by having access to groups is that when I click to add a group, the only options that I get are Opblue, Opfor, Resistance, and another one. When I click on the window below that box to add the specified squad-type, none of your units are listed there.

Are you saying that the groups that you've made are not available from the window that opens up when one clicks on the "Group" tab in the Editor's tool column? Or, will your units be available as groups if I hit F2? In the past 3 years, this is only like my 10th time ever using the editor, and I've never used any of the F# buttons before. Also, it's been over two years since I last touched OFP so to say that I'm rusty is a major understatement.

Also, I appreciate your idea in regards to staying away from patches, after all, this is after some major calamity and military affiliations may not be as "nationalized" as one thinks. I don't have the problem with putting the SHAPES of patches here and there, but I'd certainly avoid placing recognizable letters or numbers within. This ambiguity does NOT bother me in the least, and, for me it even enhances the sense of "timelessness" to an almost poetic degree.

I don't want to sound overly "romantic" about it, but that's how I'm "reading" it now. In fact, it might be interesting to redo the concepts of patches altogether, and get rid of any kind of "artiness" that contemporary patches have and just make them very utilitarian. Maybe indicating that whoever makes up the troops now don't have the time nor the inclination nor the opportunity to spend learning about how to read badges. Maybe it's all very simple and unified now across the branches. For example, no matter what branch one's in, a single horizontal bar is a private, two bars, a corporal, and so on till five bars, at which point one gets a square that's centered above any more additional bars. When the next set of five bars is achieved, then one will get two squares, side-by-side. And so on and so forth.

Just throwing out ideas...

Thanks for the quick response Sanctuary. What I mean by having access to groups is that when I click to add a group, the only options that I get are Opblue, Opfor, Resistance, and another one. When I click on the window below that box to add the specified squad-type, none of your units are listed there.

I have no idea what kind of mod you are playing with, but it is certainly not the WW4 mod.

There is no "Opblue", "Opfor" names in the groups menu in WW4, and there are plenty of WW4 groups there in the currently released mod F2/Group menu :

hjkhjhj.jpg

So either you are mixing mods with the WW4 that you should not, or you are playing a totally different mod.

I find various ww4 mode units for each side in units mode.in my point of view it is great modification of all due to its size and his imagination is great.

Sanctuary do you have any plan to build sp,mp or campaign for your mode.

Edited by tiket
No

I also waited for that by sanctuary

I have many plans regarding missions and campaigns, but as everything, it will take lot of time.

Meanwhile you can find some WW4 missions already in the User mission forum.

And people can build their own and submit them too, it would be helpfull instead of asking me for everything ;)

How about the winning campaign gets to be released with the mod? nah ill tone down the testosterone here for a minute. do as you see fit sanc, we trust ya with this one buddy.

Sanctuary are you going to put patches on us army soldiers like 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th infantry patches.

Caleb,

ww4 mod is fiction not realism so while west soldiers are inspired by US army its not trying to be the us army so they will not carry US badges.

STGN