Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Here is a radio enabled version of the new explosion effect config.cpp.

If you need it, get it there :

http://files.filefront.com/radioAndEffectWW4rar/;13727651;/fileinfo.html

or there :

http://superuploader.net/602d85538993-radioAndEffectWW4-rar.html

But notice that if you use this radio enabled config, the AI will get back to being as slow to react as it is in original OFP.

Oh that was quick. Thanks a lot Sanctuary. ;

Yeah I noticed the AI being faster but somehow I got used to those annoying radio voices.

When making my test firefight mission that degenerated into the "take Larches/Montignac" simple town fight released in the user mission board, i have been annoyed when making the desert malden version.

The way the island was setup with Resistance vegetation and Resistance house made it so there was a very lot less amount of cover or way to hide the view, creating some line of sight problems , as basically there were too much open field and the Resistance building were too small to at least in the urban zones.

So using Wrptool i removed all the vegetations and buildings from Resistance and put back the original CWC one, as they are bigger they offer more cover and concealement solutions.

But as it may look a bit dated, i am building a second version of the island , in which i am replacing this original cwc vegetation (but i keep the building as they are good in size) by the DMA Lybia one (this way you can load the DMA lybia in the WW4 mod, it will share the same textures, helping loading time).

Here is a quick screenshot of the Larches area of desert Malden , with the mountain and zigzag road going to the top of it, with the DMA Lybia vegetation replacing the cwc one :

clipboard02bcy.jpg

I will keep the original island (in which i have put back CWC vegetations and building), as for people with less powerfull computer it will be good enough and it does not look that out of place on desert terrain anyways.

I will try to do the same for the Desert Everon too.

Edited by Sanctuary

Great news! I was kinda unhappy with the old desert islands too - the buildings and vegetation just didn't fit in. But this looks really good! Are you going to do Kolgujev too?

I hope to make a desert version of Kolgujev too.

Here is a beta test of what i did on Desert Malden, please report if you notice any errors.

Basically there is now 2 Desert Malden

-The first one is the one that was included in the current release of WW4, with as a change all vegetations and buildings removed and replaced by the CWC versions, it allow more cover for soldiers, as the Resistance objects were too small to provide some good ones.

-The second one is Desert Malden in which all the vegetations have been replaced by the DMA Lybia ones (models and textures made by Williec for Honchoblack DMA Lybia).

I am not sure if it is more heavy on your own computers, as i don't notice myself any performance difference on mine with the original Malden, so report if you notice lag.

Download link :

http://files.filefront.com/ww4malden2rar/;13731509;/fileinfo.html

or there

http://superuploader.net/833d45541200-ww4malden2-rar.html

To install, open the RAR archive and you will see 2 folders, "Addons" and "bin"

Just take the new config.cpp from the bin folder (the regular or the radio enabled one) and put it in your ...\@ww4mod1\bin\ folder

Take the 2 pbo , "DMA_libya_o.pbo" and "WW4_DesertABEL.pbo" from the Addons folder of that RAR archive and put them in your ...\@ww4mod1\Addons\ folder.

All those files are needed to be installed.

The configs provided (both the normal, and the radio enabled one) are using the new dust explosion effect, i modified a bit the fire part of it to get it smaller so it does not look too big for grenades.

But i will not do the fire anymore smaller than that as it would then impact how nice the fireballs would look for those explosions generated by bigger projectiles (as in OFP the same cloudlets are used for all projectile exploding).

I began some smoke grenade cloudlet modification too.

Note : any mission released on the previous Desert Malden should be always compatible with the new ones from this small test upgrade.

Hopefully if there is no error , i will try to do the same on Desert Everon and add Desert Kolgujev too for the expansion.

Edited by Sanctuary

Good news, didn't expect it to be released so soon!

The new islands look great, even the one with vanilla Malden vegetation. They both feel way more desert-like than the old version. Looking forward for Everon and Kolgujev too!

I also had a quick perfomance test on both of them and my FPS was pretty much the same on both islands (I moved around in certain areas and noted the numbers), so no problems in that.

I didn't notice much difference in the new effects compared to the previous version... well, at least as far as I can remember. But I guess the flames are balanced well enough now.

:computer:

Edited by Rellikki

I got the Desert Everon with the CWC buildings and vegetations apparently correct, i will have to replace the various bushes and trees now with the Lybia ones for the other version.

Will take a bit of time, but so far it seems to work nicely.

First of all, i love this mod the animations are absolutely great compared to anything that I've come across, also the camos are very good!

I've thought of a few things about the animations mostly, they are the only things in ofp that I just somehow can't get around to mod so that's why I'm asking(I like to scrap things i like here and there and compile into the perfect mod for me:o).

1. I've been wanting to change the "weapon on back" stance to something like this > http://www.mil.fi/rauhanturvaaja/get2data.php?id=416 i just haven't found any mod that i could snatch something like this from, just a thought the "patrol stance" that's on this and in many other mods sucks ass imo.

2. Have you added the ability to lower the weapon to the "AI aware" stance like in GRAA? If so i haven't found the key to do this from. Also concerning this, in GRAA you had to press turbo+backwards to lower the weapon and then keep the keys pressed, this I hated. However I think it was in FFUR SLX that had the same thing only it lowered the weapon by tapping backwards and then it would keep the gun there. Is there anyway to do this simply coz I tried looking through the configs, which I didn't understand at all, but didn't find the part where you could change this.

3. How come you can't raise the gun in crouch running mode like you can in normal jogging? BTW this is one very nice detail on your mod, very clever touch the fact you could raise the gun and throw a few shots while running! A little of the point here but this is a part of the basic things finnish soldiers are taught to do - when an enemy opens fire, you immediately throw a few shots to his direction before quickly diving to cover. This brings me to #4.

4. It would be nice if you could dive for cover like I think it was in FFUR, only FFUR messed up in that the diving was unrealisticly quick and you became winded immediately which is far from reality, you don't get winded for diving for cover (believe me, I know :icon8: it's the getting up over and over again and running forward...).

I think that that's all the things I've noted so far with playing this mod I think, kicksass mod anyway whether you decide to use anything I've thought of or not :) can't wait for an update or the ECP config file for this :thumbsup:

1 -> this is the website that started me with animations, it is well enough explained for my old brain to have understood overall how OFPAnim worked.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/animcenter/fr/index.php

With a bit of reading and testing you should be able to make your favorite stance.

2 -> No, i will not add this ability, i had no use of it in actual gameplay, so i prefer to reserve those key to something else

3 -> You can't because for now it is not configured to be possible, i have plan for that in the expansion, if i can make it working without bad side effect, as modifying animations classes in the config often lead into surprises.

4 -> Maybe for the expansion, maybe not, it will depend if after all i have to do first i will have some more energy left to spend into OFPAnim, very very low on my todo list.

I just noticed that most of the buildings' windows and furniture appear to be untextured under "Libyan Objects" in the editor which your new islands come up with. I know that the mod isn't directly "featuring them", as if the new islands had those buildings, but since they're available in the editor, I thought that they should be fixed. It would be a good addition for mission makers if they had working textures. :)

Hmmm, at first glance at the animcenter site you gave it looks very promising, thanks. In some screenshots there i see a bunch of other things I've seen before and liked so really a big thanks for this link! :yummy:

Really a shame for the lowering weapon thing you decided..however could you point me in the right direction about where the search for this thing, or is it possible for me to make this option for me my self or would that include huge work(like what you said about about messing with the animation classes..that doesn't sound like something I'm willing to mess about). Could it be possible to copy-paste this thing straight from FFUR mod? Now that I think about this I don't have use for this unless I can make it the same as FFUR..tapping backwards or some other key to lower the weapon, this is the only thing that interests me in this option, so if you think that that would be impossible or would take alot of work/time then forget about this.

Could you post somesort of a list translating the names of the .rtm files in english? Both the original anims and especially the ones you have added, please :) . From what I've seen you've changed maybe all standard anims so you must know what these mean, right? I can only understand english. Of course you could say "use an online dictionary" but this is not really an option for other reasons which I won't discuss here.

Now I'm off to test some very promising possibilities that I've come across from reading this topic! :D

:edit: Oh yeah one more thing, do you know about a tool called gatebuilder and what do you think of it compared to o2? I stumbled upon this first and have used it a lot, is there any reason why I shouldn't use it? Just that I haven't seen anyone referencing to it anywhere, that's why I ask.

And lol, in the screenshots at the front page of animcenter is exactly the type of animation I was looking for!:pc:

:edit2:

Well it seems that this ofpanim tool was exactly what I was looking for a while back..tell the truth I had this tool but I just quickly tested it and concluded that it couldn't do what I was searching, damn. Oh well by reading the tuts I now understand why this tool gave me that impression I guess RTFM ehh. Well I thought the anim things would have been as straightforward as the 3d modeling and pbox as I got a hang of those without any manuals or help... I think I know now everything I need to.."fine tune" this mod :D thanks!

Edited by marski88

I just noticed that most of the buildings' windows and furniture appear to be untextured under "Libyan Objects" in the editor which your new islands come up with. I know that the mod isn't directly "featuring them", as if the new islands had those buildings, but since they're available in the editor, I thought that they should be fixed. It would be a good addition for mission makers if they had working textures. :)

I didn't noticed those objects were available on the editor. Hmm, that's annoying as those object textures could be in various other PBO that would enlarge the size of the mod too much :/

I will have to edit the textures path of the vegetations models and point them to a new pbo, so i would get rid of the objects not used in WW4 and could then have more control on their config, to make sure they don't appear in editor.

Really a shame for the lowering weapon thing you decided..however could you point me in the right direction about where the search for this thing, or is it possible for me to make this option for me my self or would that include huge work(like what you said about about messing with the animation classes..that doesn't sound like something I'm willing to mess about). Could it be possible to copy-paste this thing straight from FFUR mod? Now that I think about this I don't have use for this unless I can make it the same as FFUR..tapping backwards or some other key to lower the weapon, this is the only thing that interests me in this option, so if you think that that would be impossible or would take alot of work/time then forget about this.

That's originally Solus' SLX mod that allow that, the version of FFUR you are playing with is including the SLX mod if i remember well.

No idea on how exactly to implement that SLX feature, as i have not studied the SLX config, and don't plan to do in the small free time i devote in modding already.

Here is a copy paste on a small animation list i had made in an old anim pack release, for the other you will have to do the same as i do when trying to find which one is which one : opening the rtm in OFPAnim.

---crouched aiming---
klek.rtm

---binocular - crouched---
klEkDALEKend.rtm
klEkDALEKstart.rtm
klEkDALEKstat.rtm

---crouched to stand---
klekdostani.rtm

---crouched to prone---
klEklEH.rtm

---crouched reload---
klEknaBIJ.rtm

---prone aiming---
lEH.rtm

---prone to stand---
lehdostanis.rtm

---prone to crouch---
LEHKLEK.rtm

---prone binocular---
PLAZENIDALEK.rtm
PLAZENIDALEK2.rtm
PLAZENIDALEKSTAT.rtm

---prone reloading---
PLIZENINABIJ.rtm

---stand aiming---
Sstanistat.rtm

---stand ready--- (AI only)
savarestanistat.rtm

---stand to prone---
stanisdolehu.rtm

---stand to crouch---
ssTANIDOKLEK.rtm

---stand reloading---
SNABIJ.rtm

---stand binocular---
sDALEK.rtm
sDALEK2.rtm
sDALEKSTAT.rtm

---jogging---
sbeh0l.rtm

---sprinting--- (modification of Dreamy Knight additional anim)
ssprint0.rtm 

---crouch to sprint/jog---
klekbeh.rtm

---prone to sprint/jog---
lehbeh.rtm

---sprint/jog to prone---
BEHLEH.rtm

---put/drop objects---
sPOLOZ.rtm
spoloz2.rtm
sPOLOZSTAT.rtm

---put/drop objects (while prone)---
lehpoloz.rtm
lehpoloz2.rtm
lehpolozstat.rtm

---end of the grenade launching -standing--- 
sGranaT2.rtm

---weapon in back - binocular---
bezDALEK.rtm
bezDALEK2.rtm
bezDALEKstat.rtm

---weapon on back ->  Salute--- 
bezhlas.rtm
bezHLAS2.rtm
bezHLASstat.rtm

---weapon on back -> Sit down--- 
bezdosedu.rtm
bezSEDI.rtm
bezSEDI2.rtm
bezVZTAVA.rtm

---weapon on back -> die while sit down---
bezsedismrt.rtm
bezsedismrt2.rtm

---weapon on back -> Binocular---
bezDALEK.rtm
bezDALEK2.rtm
bezDALEKstat.rtm

---weapon on back -static- ---
bezstanisTaT.rtm

---weapon on back -rotating standing- ---
DOLEVABEZ.rtm
DOPRAVABEZ.rtm

---weapon on back -> drop-take mines/objects ---
bezstaniPOLOZ1.rtm
bezstaniPOLOZ2.rtm
bezstaniPOLOZstat.rtm

---weapon on back -> stand aiming , and vice versa---
ssTANIDOSTANI.rtm
STANIDOSTANIS.rtm

---weapon on back -> walking ---
(done all the angles for patrol pack, not easy as OFPAnim has no angle values , you have to rotate the model and guess yourself, took me a while to get things like it should)
chuzebez-90l.rtm
chuzebez90l.rtm
chuzebez-45l.rtm
chuzebez45l.rtm
chuzebez0l.rtm
chuzebez180l.rtm
chuzebez-135l.rtm
chuzebez135l.rtm

---weapon on back -> running--- (in the patrol version case it is forced patrol walk)
bezbeh.rtm

---AT on shoulder (static aiming)---
atsTAT.rtm

---AT on shoulder to Stand aiming---
ATDOstani.rtm

---Stand Aiming to AT on shoulder---
staniDOAT.rtm

---AT on shoulder to Crouch aiming---
ATdoklek.rtm

---Crouch aiming to AT on shoulder---
klEkDoaT.rtm

---AT on shoulder to Prone aiming---
ATDOLEHU.rtm

---Prone aiming to AT on shoulder---
LEHDOAT.rtm

---AT on shoulder (reloading)---
atnABIJ.rtm

---AT on shoulder (walking)---
at0l.rtm
at90l.rtm
at-90l.rtm
at45l.rtm
at-45l.rtm
at135l.rtm
at-135l.rtm
at180l.rtm

---AT on shoulder (rotation on oneself using the rotations keys)---
atDOLEVA.rtm
atDOPRAVA.rtm

---Stand Aiming (walking)---
schuze45l.rtm
schuze-45l.rtm
schuze135l.rtm
schuze-135l.rtm

---Stand Aiming (rotation on oneself using the rotation keys)---
SVLEVO.rtm
svpravo.rtm

---Prone (crawling)--- (Dreamy Knight original one reintroduced)
plaznI0L.rtm

---Standing in front officers---(for cutscenes)
uspozorstat.rtm

I never used Gatebuilder, but isn't it an ArmA tool not an OFP one ? I remember having read there were some differences in the MLOD or ODOL format for ArmA, so i have no idea if MLOD saved within Gatebuilder would be compatible with OFP.

OFPAnim is easy to use after some training with it, but animations with OFPAnim are a very lot of work, especially the dynamic ones in opposition to static animations that are way easier with OFPANim

I have tuned a bit more the armor system and some weapon damage, as the combination of some weapons + the new armor made soldiers way too much resistant, as some were able to resist several bullets in the head.

Now it should be better, overall the resistance of the soldiers is toned down a bit since the last beta of it, but remains high enough to allow longer firefights a lot more than with BIS value.

To install, download the archive named WW4ArmorSys5.rar :

http://files.filefront.com/WW4ArmorSys5rar/;13737732;/fileinfo.html

or there

http://superuploader.net/24fdf7543983-WW4ArmorSys5-rar.html

Once downloaded, take all the files that are inside this archive and put them in your ...\@ww4mod1\Addons\ and accept that it overwrites the 20 files of the same names already present there.

The values used in this new beta :

BIS value

armor=3;

armorStructural=2.0;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=0.8;

armorHands=0.5;

armorLegs=0.5;

East Army

West Army

Everon Alliance

Militia

armor=5;

armorStructural=3;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.2;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

East Marines

West Marines

Mercenaries

armor=5;

armorStructural=3;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.5;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

East AntiTerror

West AntiTerror

armor=6;

armorStructural=3;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.5;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

East Airborne

West Airborne

Everon Airborne

armor=5;

armorStructural=4;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.5;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2.5;

East Specops

West Specops

Everon Specops

armor=7;

armorStructural=4;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.6;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

East Shadow Ops

West Shadow Ops

armor=6;

armorStructural=4;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2.6;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

Insurgency

armor=4;

armorStructural=2;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=0.8;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

Guerilla

armor=4;

armorStructural=3;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=2;

armorHands=2;

armorLegs=2;

Thanks for that anims list, will come in handy I'm sure(I'm already having some thoughts about what I'm gonna do, might even think about releasing my own mod which is something I very rarely do even though I mod games a lot :) . Well if the gatebuilder is an Arma tool it seems to work with ofp as well, all the modeling I've done is with that and has worked good for me. God I gotta test the new armor system as I haven't had time to test any of it as I only recently found this topic, I'll be sure to post back when I have some time.

Fantastic update to your mod :)

I just got back to newsposting at ofpr.info and posted news of the mod, here. Maybe it'll catch more attention.

Most of the site staff had left to ArmA scenes so I took the control. Better late than never, I guess. :)

Mirror by ofpr.info:

WW4 Modpack 1 [71,2 MB]

Do you need mirrors for the beta stuff too or should I wait for the "final" release?

Thank you for the mirror.

For the beta pbo, as i update them from time to time, i don't think a solid hosting like OFP.info is needed, as they are outdated regularly .

As you mentionned in the OFP.info news, it is better to watch this thread for beta stuff.

Now that i begin to get the hang out of WRPTool, maybe once i finish Everon and Kolgujev i will try to work around Nogova for a desert version.

For people wanting to test the new Desert Everon with CWC buildings and bushes back (not yet finished the lybia vegetation version) you can get it there and replace your original WW4_DesertEDEN.pbo from @ww4mod1\Addons\ by the new one :

http://files.filefront.com/WW4+DesEDENcwcrar/;13741573;/fileinfo.html

Should be perfectly compatible with missions like Steal the URAL that occurs on desert Everon, and should solve people having lags with some Nogova objects in the same time.

Thanks for the report.

I hope when i will repath everything, i will not forget more of those elusive trees and bushes.

If you want just the basic animations, just take the Anim.pbo from the ...\@ww4mod1\dta\ folder and put it into ...\whatevermod\dta\

Now if you want the extra animations, that's a bit more work.

If whatever mod you want to play use the same class CfgMovesMC as BIS, simply copy pasting the whole class CfgMovesMC (without forgetting a line) from the ...\@ww4mod1\bin\ folder to the config of ...\whatevermod\bin\

The take the ww4_modanim.pbo from ...\@ww4mod1\Addons\ folder and put it into ...\whatevermod\Addons\

Now if whatever mod has additional animation defined in their main config (additional vehicles cargo, special anims etc...) instead of an addon config, you are out of luck as just copy pasting would delete those additional/special anims and would create a lot of problems ingame.

Will you be doing a Desert Nogova version too ?

I hope to be able to get a Desert Nogova too using the lybia vegetation.

But it will take time before having a beta ready, i have paused modding for a while because of a mourning in my family.

Condolences for ur loss Sant, i had an uncles pass away this week too :(