Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Open the main config.cpp (the one located in @ww4mod1\bin\ ) with a text editor like notepad or wordpad.

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

and replace it with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

To get the same 3rd person view as in GRAA3

Notice you can try to tweak the values in that line to move the camera in different positions to find one you could like better.

By example to get the same 3rd person camera view as all the tanks, it would be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,1.5,-9};

etc...

I will write one more time. Wonderful animations and units. yay.gif I wish success in work.

One question.

Do you plan exchange of face on model Llauma Heads?

I apologize for my english.  wink_o.gif

Is there a way to have the animations running by themselves? I like the mod but sometimes when I make missions using other addons, I only like to run the addons I am using for the mission, but I still want to use your nice animations.

I will write one more time. Wonderful animations and units. yay.gif I wish success in work.

One question.

Do you plan exchange of face on model Llauma Heads?

I apologize for my english. wink_o.gif

No, it would be too much work at this point with so many units and all their lods to edit.

But as i provided the mlods anyone willing can do it if they really want to replace the original heads with Llauma ones.

Is there a way to have the animations running by themselves? I like the mod but sometimes when I make missions using other addons, I only like to run the addons I am using for the mission, but I still want to use your nice animations.

A simple way is to create a copy of the @ww4mod1 mod folder

Rename it whatever you want.

Now inside of @yournewmodfolder\Addons\

Delete the following pbo :

clipboard01vae.jpg

That's all, you have a new mod folder without any of the ww4 troops so you can use only your missions addons.

But notice that the animations were built for those soldiers, on other addons they may not look as good.

Not sure where to post this but I have started making missions using the WW4 mod. It's nothing big just a small search and destroy mission designed to be done rather quickly. It also takes place on the new Texel island as well. The file includes this island. I am new to mission making so be nice lol.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.mediafire.com/file/zytlnyy2ywy/CO6_Docks.texel.rar

I must say that beyond the great quality / diversity of the units, the config changes are very interesting : i've tested the large formation and the better AI sensitivity with my mod where the weapons have a great dispersion coefficient and it significantly renews the gameplay :  the battle lasts longer, is taking place all around you, a nade cannot wipe out a group, you're very often flanked by enemies, AI is almost as effective as a good player can be... i like it a lot !

Not sure where to post this but I have started making missions using the WW4 mod. It's nothing big just a small search and destroy mission designed to be done rather quickly. It also takes place on the new Texel island as well. The file includes this island. I am new to mission making so be nice lol.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.mediafire.com/file/zytlnyy2ywy/CO6_Docks.texel.rar

You shouild use the user mission forum so people could notice your mission more easily and so you could recieve feedback.

Quote[/b] ]I must say that beyond the great quality / diversity of the units, the config changes are very interesting : i've tested the large formation and the better AI sensitivity with my mod where the weapons have a great dispersion coefficient and it significantly renews the gameplay : the battle lasts longer, is taking place all around you, a nade cannot wipe out a group, you're very often flanked by enemies, AI is almost as effective as a good player can be... i like it a lot !

I think the larger formation alone allow for a larger and more unpredictable battlefield.

The more surrounding aware AI is helping for flanking too, as if the officer notice you are somewhere even if he loses track of you , he will send his soldiers to investigate more easily than the nearly blind and deaf original ones that after losing you from sight "forget" you even existed wink_o.gif

But sensitivity and sensitivityEar variables are very .. sensitives biggrin_o.gif it is extremely easy to break the believability of the AI if you make values too high.

I thing with the current values found in the mod the AI is very well balanced , capable of noticing what the human player will, but without always pinpointing your location if you are hiding and not making noise.

Something else that has a strong impact on the AI is the

maxRange=....;

variable of each ammos.

By example with the original values, the AI with a M16 or an AK74 is unable to shoot at you if it notices you at more than 250m.

While you as the player can without a problem and even from higher range and that without wasting much ammo.

So the AI once it is ordered to shoot but is beyond the range will have 2 reactions :

-it will stay there for several minutes doing nothing.

-after few seconds he begin to run into the direction of the target, so once it is at +/- 250m the AI will begin to shoot.

The 1st reaction is highly annoying as if there are other enemies around, the AI is just waiting then to be shot.

The 2nd reaction is interesting in some location, but in open grounds without real covers, it is just a remake of "Duck Hunt" coin op.

So increasing the maxrange allow the AI to shoot at longer distance, making it more dangerous and giving it less chances to have one of the 2 reactions that usually get it killed.

And it gives the AI +/- the same possibility that the human player can, and always do : opening fire at long ranges.

Quote[/b] ]the weapons have a great dispersion coefficient

An alternative to increased dispersion is an increased armor value system too.

And alternatively it helps to simulate the fact that most soldiers that are shot are wounded, not killed in 1 shot, as OFP allows a kill even if your bullet does not hit a lethal location (like dying from a bullet in the feet or in the hand ...)

But again that's a sensitive value as one must test a lot before finding the correct balance to not be just frankly frustrating.

Hi,

I have a couple suggestions,

1 - Have the ability to create groups/units with HD mags, making the firefights longer

2 - make cars and armor and such for drivers have speed indicator like on aircraft, just for fun.

3 - have wavering waay higher, so the AI can't snipe me from 300m + and make it harder to shoot.

I love this mod, Love the skins I think they're very well done, and enjoyed GRAA.  The Animation are perfect but I think the firefights are too easy, I played a mission with me and my brother over LAN, and we killed 60 + men alone. (with DAC)

I would also like to see the fire/smoke like in GRAA, I love seeing them in the distance, and rushing to the fight.

thanks alot for putting up with me :P and even more for these great mods and animations.

E: could you tell me what the reload animation is? I'd like to add it into FFUR. (It looks more like you're reloading in combat, you did a real nice job.)

thanks.

Hello Sanctuary,

Nice job on the mod, though it could use some more work in my opinion.

For example, with such a large amount of new units, some new vehicles wouldn't be bad. I read that you're working on some - that's great news. I'm looking forward to them. But what really bothers me about this mod is the lack of variety...

There are many, many different looking troops in woodland and desert versions, which indeed provides many mission making possibilities. But for me they all seem like "just a bunch of new units". The reason being that they all look too same, but just in different colors.

I think you should give them some different types of vests, equipment and headgear. Maybe some other MOLLE stuff other than the interceptor vests which most of your units have. I already got enough of those in ArmA... tounge2.gif

The Everon Defence Forces addon's conscripts for example have a good looking MOLLE vest. Or if you have the skills to do one from scratch, google for RAV vest for some reference. Anything will be good, as long as there's more variation.

As for different equipment, some units without helmet covers would also give a slight different look to them... shemaghs, boonies,... Some different ammo pouches or load carrying webbing would make a big difference too.

I've also noticed some issues in need of fixing, mostly about the weapons...

- West Army (D) Sniper has a khaki uniform instead of ACU like the others have. Seeing as you have a certain standard for the equipment of the troops (One army corp, one uniform + the accessories), I thought this was a mistake.

- M24 has 20 round "magazines". As far as I know, you can only feed it with 5 rounds.

- MP5-M203 has no display picture in the gear menu.

- M16A4-SD has a picture of a silenced M4 carbine in the gear menu instead of the correct one.

- SR25-SD has a picture of a M24 in the gear menu instead of the correct one.

There are numerous other mistakes about the gear pictures related to the accessories of the guns... Some pictures show optical sights that the gun doesn't have and so on, but I only listed the most serious ones above. You should look into the others yourself if you're up to fixing them. There's quite a lot of them so it's not hard to find.

Also, if I may make one more request (or an "issue report"), could you improve the textures of the ballistic vests which have camo pattern applied on them? The RES militia units for example (one of my favorite units in the mod because of their unique look), the camo on the vest looks too "thrown in". It's just been applied there without any boundaries, so the pattern goes over the load carrying straps / suspenders and so on. That's what you should improve, maybe make the straps plain colored... The belt where the ammo pouches are hanging seems to be camoed too, which should be also recolored along with the suspenders for a better look.

One more thing, probably more of serious issue than above: Some of the troops who have kneepads or equipment pouches don't have any straps on them where they'd be hanging. This is especially the case with the insurgent troops - They have chestrigs without any straps, so they seem to be just glued on their shirt. It's also the case with the different special forces troops as for the kneepads - The pads aren't hanging of anything on their knees.

I really hope you'd consider my ideas. It's a pretty nice mod so far and I'm actually planning some missions for it, being perfomance friendly but with lots of new units and some AI enhancement too.

By the way, I see you included some of CJE's desert islands in the mod. I was wondering if you were aware of the "second version" of each of the desert islands too in the pack without the spruce forests? The mod at the moment has the versions with the forests and I thought that the versions without them would be more realistic and look better. But that's just my opinion.

I'd had a lot of more ideas for new content for the mod, but I want to hear your opinion of those first.

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, if I may make one more request (or an "issue report"), could you improve the textures of the ballistic vests which have camo pattern applied on them? The RES militia units for example (one of my favorite units in the mod because of their unique look), the camo on the vest looks too "thrown in". It's just been applied there without any boundaries, so the pattern goes over the load carrying straps / suspenders and so on. That's what you should improve, maybe make the straps plain colored... The belt where the ammo pouches are hanging seems to be camoed too, which should be also recolored along with the suspenders for a better look.

Well, i simply don't have the skill to create that detailled textures unfortunately, what you see currently is the best i could do.

But i always try to improve the textures (the ACU by example is easily the 50th version i did, the same the french camo went through dozen of them before ending like this). So for the expansion i will see if i can update some textures but don't expect miracles as that's really not my domain.

For the more detailled gears, the straps for the kneepads, that would be counter-productive for the goal of my mod : having low poly units with as few textures as possible to allow massive battles that are not usually possible with 90% of the addons because they have more details, more polys, more textures, causing lot of framerate drop in the OFP engine.

Quote[/b] ]that's great news. I'm looking forward to them. But what really bothers me about this mod is the lack of variety...

There are many, many different looking troops in woodland and desert versions, which indeed provides many mission making possibilities. But for me they all seem like "just a bunch of new units". The reason being that they all look too same, but just in different colors.

The name of each corps define their role in a mission, they are not just a bunch of similar units in different colors, each corps are not supposed to be used randomly in a mission, but that's up to the misison maker in the end.

By example you have the paratroopers corps, you are not supposed to use them for mission given to the regular army, the same the marines units should absolutely not fight in the same kind of battle of the special forces etc... or "dirty" job should be the whole point of the shadow ops not the anti terror troops etc...

While WW4 is futuristic unrealistic, the corps should be used roughly for the same mission their current world counterpart are made for.

The same that a paramilitary militia is absolutely not the same thing as a mercs corps and so should never be used in a mission for the same purpose, as a civilian spontaneous insurgency has nothing to do with a long term organised guerilla they all have their own reason to exist and their own mission purpose.

Again while that's up to mission maker to correctly use them, each corps has their own purpose they are not just random troops in only different colors. And maybe you didn't noticed, but for each corps there are some slight gear difference wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've also noticed some issues in need of fixing, mostly about the weapons...

- West Army (D) Sniper has a khaki uniform instead of ACU like the others have. Seeing as you have a certain standard for the equipment of the troops (One army corp, one uniform + the accessories), I thought this was a mistake.

- M24 has 20 round "magazines". As far as I know, you can only feed it with 5 rounds.

- MP5-M203 has no display picture in the gear menu.

- M16A4-SD has a picture of a silenced M4 carbine in the gear menu instead of the correct one.

- SR25-SD has a picture of a M24 in the gear menu instead of the correct one.

There are numerous other mistakes about the gear pictures related to the accessories of the guns... Some pictures show optical sights that the gun doesn't have and so on, but I only listed the most serious ones above. You should look into the others yourself if you're up to fixing them. There's quite a lot of them so it's not hard to find.

I had not noticed for the sniper, thanks for the report, should be easy to fix.

The M24 has been reported and is fixed for the expansion, for the the gear briefing display pictures i knew that some were not exactly the correct ones.

But as the importance of this was very low in comparison to all other part of the mod i needed to focus my attention, it felt very low on my todo list before the release of the version 1.0.

But for the expansion hopefully all those gear pictures should be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, I see you included some of CJE's desert islands in the mod. I was wondering if you were aware of the "second version" of each of the desert islands too in the pack without the spruce forests? The mod at the moment has the versions with the forests and I thought that the versions without them would be more realistic and look better. But that's just my opinion.

I tested, but my main problem is that the map felt a bit too empty, that's why for more environment variety i prefered to use the forest-ed version of his islands retexture.

Quote[/b] ]

1 - Have the ability to create groups/units with HD mags, making the firefights longer

There are already (too) many groups in the editor menus, adding a HD version of each of them would create such an immense clutter that browsing the mission editor would not be easy at all.

Better replace the regular mags by HD version like i suggested in a previous post.

Quote[/b] ]2 - make cars and armor and such for drivers have speed indicator like on aircraft, just for fun.

Never did this so i don't know exactly where to look, but sounds interesting. I will give a look

Quote[/b] ]

3 - have wavering waay higher, so the AI can't snipe me from 300m + and make it harder to shoot.

From my numerous test , while yes more wavering = less precise AI, it comes with a really really bad side effect :

more wavering = the AI will wait a very lot more time before shooting at the target.

In my test with increased wavering i often observed an AI aiming at a target for more than 6/7 seconds before actually shooting (and missing) at it.

So more wavering unfortunately dumb down too much the AI reflexes. As in OFP the AI is not the brigthest fighter ever, dumbing its reflex down that much is crippling it.

Something i don't want in WW4.

Quote[/b] ]

I love this mod, Love the skins I think they're very well done, and enjoyed GRAA. The Animation are perfect but I think the firefights are too easy, I played a mission with me and my brother over LAN, and we killed 60 + men alone. (with DAC)

You did this with GRAA i suppose.

In GRAA, there is more wavering, and so it is introducing the AI problem i mentionned.

So killing the AI in GRAA is extremely easy for the player as it wait too much time before shooting at you.

Now killing the AI in WW4 should be more of a challenge, as not only the AI is more precise, but it will take less time before shooting.

So assaulting 60 AI with 2 human player is way more difficult with WW4 than with GRAA.

And did you played with SuperAI ON or OFF ? It makes a huge difference there.

Quote[/b] ]

E: could you tell me what the reload animation is? I'd like to add it into FFUR. (It looks more like you're reloading in combat, you did a real nice job.)

thanks.

SNABIJ.rtm - for the stand reload

klEknaBIJ.rtm - for the crouch reload

PLIZENINABIJ.rtm - for the lying reload

Quote[/b] ]Well, i simply don't have the skill to create that detailled textures unfortunately, what you see currently is the best i could do.

But i always try to improve the textures (the ACU by example is easily the 50th version i did, the same the french camo went through dozen of them before ending like this). So for the expansion i will see if i can update some textures but don't expect miracles as that's really not my domain.

If you want, I can fix the vest for you. smile_o.gif Shouldn't take too long.

I can send it to you via PM if you wish to have it. The vest will look 100% like the old one, but with corrected suspenders and the belt.

Quote[/b] ]For the more detailled gears, the straps for the kneepads, that would be counter-productive for the goal of my mod : having low poly units with as few textures as possible to allow massive battles that are not usually possible with 90% of the addons because they have more details, more polys, more textures, causing lot of framerate drop in the OFP engine.

You could make the straps by texturing them on the uniform itself, so no polycounts will be increased. This shouldn't be a problem with troops like the West Anti-terror units, because they all have the kneepads, so applying the straps on their uniform texture wouldn't increase the amount of textures either. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the vest.

Quote[/b] ]You could make the straps by texturing them on the uniform itself, so no polycounts will be increased. This shouldn't be a problem with troops like the West Anti-terror units, because they all have the kneepads, so applying the straps on their uniform texture wouldn't increase the amount of textures either.

Good point, while not possible for the woodland bdu and ACU troops (as for performance reason they all share the same uniform texture as the one without kneepads), for units with their unique texture, it is a good trick and hopefully easy to do even for me biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Better replace the regular mags by HD version like i suggested in a previous post.

I'll look, sorry I didn't realize that is was there.

Quote[/b] ]SNABIJ.rtm - for the stand reload

klEknaBIJ.rtm - for the crouch reload

PLIZENINABIJ.rtm - for the lying reload

thank you.

I also have another request/suggestion:

If you look at the Canadian Camos they are really quite sexy, both desert style, and woodland, Maybe you could make the Nogovan forces yourself, and have them with Canadian camo, I think it'd match up quite nicely with Nogova's grass colour. smile_o.gif

also, maybe adding just one knee-pad to some of the soldiers for more diversity, say only the AT/AA guys get the knee pads.

you see this alot in modern warfare, soldiers buying their own equipment, such as knee-pads and elbow pads so the can kneel on one knee.

I'll see if i can find you a picture of the Canadian camo to show you what i mean.

and could I have the unit list? I don't have to get it right away, but maybe you could copy down all of the units in the next release, for more ease of mission making.

again thanks for taking time to read this. thumbs-up.gif

hope you don't mind a link, I don't know how to use Imageshack

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1618

and could I have the unit list? I don't have to get it right away, but maybe you could copy down all of the units in the next release, for more ease of mission making.

I knew i have forgotten something, the unit classes list.

Here they are (i hope i have not made a typo, there are so many of them) :

http://superuploader.net/d1e4fa449473-WW4Classes-rar.html

The weapon classes list is already included in the mod.

I had already a plan for a cadpat camo for the Everon marines.

Hi guys!

Unfortunetly for me my "new" PC needs to be fixed so Im stuck on old one again, so I went back to Armstrong and company. I wanted to download the mods from the list but there is too meny mods and some of them are downloading really, really slow. Some of them ~500mb even.

Anyway, I tried this pack and seems nice. Frame rate didnt drop too bad compared to stock OFP. There is just one thing. There is no more squad radio sounds. Now its kinda doll, so I only need that sounds back. Can anyone tell me how to get them back?

Thanks

Anyway, I tried this pack and seems nice. Frame rate didnt drop too bad compared to stock OFP. There is just one thing. There is no more squad radio sounds. Now its kinda doll, so I only need that sounds back. Can anyone tell me how to get them back?

In the @ww4mod1 folder, go into the "bin" folder.

You will see a file named config.cpp , make a backup of it.

Next to that config.cpp file there is a folder named "radio".

Inside there is another config.cpp.

Take this one and replace the original config.cpp (the one you backed up).

That's all you have the radio voice back.

But notice that having the radio voice means you will get back the usual OFP AI behaviour : slow to react to the squad leader orders.

Removing the radio voice allows for the AI to follow orders immediately.

Aha, standard AI. That's OK for me. I only need it now to play campaign a bit, to have some fun again. You see my old PC isnt capable of running ArmA on such a big screen.

Thanks for the help.

Quote[/b] ]Aha, standard AI. That's OK for me. I only need it now to play campaign a bit, to have some fun again. You see my old PC isnt capable of running ArmA on such a big screen.

I never had more fun with ArmA than with Ofp. By far. With some little changes (adapted Dxdll for example) and very good mods like this one (AI enhanced without any script, optimized AND good looking units), Ofp isn't looking that old. It's possible to play big battles without much lag (i never play with less than 200 soldiers each sides, using only reinforcements triggers to avoid to many units fighting at the same time, and deleting surnumeral dead bodies), and i'm still surprised by AI. Just add some scripts here and there (AI surrendering, AI wounded etc.) and everything is ok.

Quote[/b] ]what do you mean by "adapted"?

I meant "with settings that suit me but don't kill my PC". I'm currently using Chernobyl mod settings.

Notes:

Roling makes you winded to fast I think.

Don't know if its posible but it would be nice if you could sprint and press to go to crouch position with out actualy going to crouch position before you are done running.

Shouldn't walking with (F) pressed be more unstable than standing?

Why is crouch joggin faster than normal jogging?

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Roling makes you winded to fast I think.

I wanted to remove that, but it was forgotten on my long todo list.

Hopefully for the expansion it will be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Don't know if its posible but it would be nice if you could sprint and press to go to crouch position with out actualy going to crouch position before you are done running.

I will see if it is possible, without creating some unwanted effect on other animations, as i had lot of problem to fix the last animation problem (the soldier running before going really prone bug reported in one of the beta) as my fixes screwed up some other anims that were working perfectly, i had a hell of time before i got everything better.

The anim classes are such a mess that it is always difficult to tinker with their config.

Quote[/b] ]Shouldn't walking with (F) pressed be more unstable than standing?

Standing is supposed to be more stable than walking, at least it is what i see on my system. Go into ironsight mode and see the small additional movement of the sight when walking.

Quote[/b] ]Why is crouch joggin faster than normal jogging?

It is not supposed to be crouch jogging actually, that's why i made it slightly faster, originally i wanted it to allow the unit to move quickly with a lower profile, but not as quickly as sprinting.

That's why additionally you are becoming more and more tired ( duty=0.3; ) while crouch running than while jogging ( duty=-0.1; , meaning you actually slowly get less tired )