Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Airport Objects

Aloha!

I am currently working on an Airport- and Objectpack.

Pictures can be found here. (Because of 6 picture limitation in this Forum)

All doors/gates are functional.

All buildings/objects have proper resolution lods.

A complete List of what I've got so far:

Quote[/b] ]

-Hangar (42m x 45m)

-AIS Building

-Connecting segments (1 Side Open and 2 Sides open)

-Tower

-New Runway/taxiway elements

-Tunnel, 50m

-Tunnel entrance segment

-Bunker

-several advertisements

-52 Roadname-Signs

Planned:

Quote[/b] ]

-Hangar (42m x 45m) (Side open to the Left)

-Hangar (42m x 45m) (Side open to the Right)

-Hangar (42m x 50m) (Open to left and Right) [i'm not sure...]

-Clean Runway start/end

-Runway digits to be placed on the clean runway start/end

-Fueltanks

I'm trying to keep this airport pack as modular as possible, so you can build easily huge complexes.

Great work mate, I always love a better looking airport.

smile_o.gif

Awesome, the buildings and object pack will be very useful!

cool idea! I wanted mapfacts awesome stuff to make a comeback to arma but this is good too smile_o.gif

Just the aircontrol tower looks very empty without any computer and radar terminals and coffe cups whistle.gif

would be sweet if you added more detail to the tower, mm also textures on the hangers feel a bit flat, are you using any normal maps or is it plain difuse maps?

Just some brainstorming...

Bus, power cables, antenna's, radar dish, various little trolleys,

yellow airport vehicles (few landies), fire department, customs,

bagage handling, airport security (no access to flight areas), nice

scenery in front of arrival/departure area, car park, good roads

leaving from and to airport, various dirt roads all over the field,

birdwatch, general safety watch, power units for main field and comms, approach lighting, runway and taxiway lighting, refueling

area (trucks), hard to think what I had on my "airport" in ofp... haha

I dont mean you should make all the above, but maybee you get

ideas from reading the above!

Proper airport addons make airports in game come to life a bit, makes things much more realistic = interesting.

Normal & Specular maps are working fine. smile_o.gif

Good job. More customs are definitely a great addition!

We try to make the OFP community ones converted as part

of ACEIP more accessible via wiki pages and standalone download. smile_o.gif

Well if you are going to go all out on this, adding a sizable military or government HQ building that is enterable wouldn't hurt.  

All the HQ and admin buildings I ever see in OFP and ArmA are eye candy boxed buildings with no interiors.  Shame, such buildings present project power and and a sense of a functioning organization.

You might want to also make some airbase/airport bunkers for personnel or airbase munition bunkers. The bunkers shown in those screenshots look like World War 2 style bunkers using mainly stone. When I think about a modern airport bunker, I see concrete and camo or it being recessed into the ground or hill.

pigeon.th.jpg

New birds are coming!

I hope one can recognize the birdie above as a Pigeon. biggrin_o.gif

Animations are working.

Planned Birds are so far:

Quote[/b] ]

-Pigeon

-Crow

-Raven

-Bald Eagle

-(Golden Eagle)

-Jay

-Parrots (Lorikeet, Sun Conure)

-(Sparrow)

-Buzzard

If you can think of more birds that should be created, let me know it!

Thanks to all for your feedback. Some radardomes also wouldn't hurt, would they?

And some Administrative Buildings are a really nice Idea. Maybe a small 2 story office.

To Moderators/Admins: Would you be able to rename this Thread to "Island Objects/Buildings"? Thanks!

Edit:

eaglec.th.jpg

Bald Eagle

Very nice job on the birds... I wouldn't mind seeing some in flight. smile_o.gif Do you have any videos out on youtube or somewhere else? Also as a suggestion I wouldn't mind a Crow and a Buzzard/Vulture.... That would be awesome... Especially putting those buzzards in a desert mission might be cool!!! Do the birds do anything else except fly around like the seagulls?

Indeed, having those birds amongst the seagulls will be a welcome sight in game. Would you consider adding a Golden Eagle to the list of birds of prey?

Thanks!

Well... actually a dragon was just a simple "Say so.." biggrin_o.gif

I've updated the bird-list. Technically it's a 40min job for each birdie, but sadly I need much time just to find some good pictures of the bird I want to create (the Pigeon took me 2 hours). And then it also takes some time making the texture. (Pictures of a Pigeon for e.g. were very hard to find, although it is one of the the most common birds, and the most useful in ArmA('s cities).)

If anyone of you nice fellows has some good pictures of a flying Sun Conure / Lorikeet, let me know it! (Google is already plundered)

I'll try to get some more birds ready today, maybe in the evening there'll be some nice "OMFG!!!! Invasion of the Killer Birds" ingame footage.

(Newsposters: Wait until today's evening. wink_o.gif)

I'm trying to get those birds quickly done, so I can continue with my buildings, they still need some textures. Mainly I did those birdies to get some variation in my work routines. Always creating buildings... it makes sick. smile_o.gif

Those birds are just like the seagulls. Flying around and looking good. Their intention is to be added in upcoming islands. Just like my other stuff I did for this (already 110Mb) Addon.

Ah.. and by the way:

Quote[/b] ]Everybody has heard, that bird is the word. B...b...b...bird...bird... bird... [...]

Aloha!

buzzard.th.jpg

Buzzard in mid flight

I know, it's not that high poly, but thats intended. Those birdies are still a really nice eye-candy when flying in 20m height.

This video shows the Buzzard, Bald Eagle, Jay, Pigeon, Crow:

Sadly in poor quality... So stick to the Images. smile_o.gif

Are these gonna be crashable intoable ( :P )

Might add a need for bird scaring vehicles to be used on airports...

I know it's not a bird, but you might want to add a bat to the selection. (Make its wings flap faster?)

I know it's not a bird, but you might want to add a bat to the selection. (Make its wings flap faster?)

I just wanted to post the same suggestion.

This is an excellent idea and you might achieve quite a few shocks in night missions. Maybe a small script to trigger a swarm would be nice, hasn't someone shown something like this on youtube for birds already?

I believe it was Q, who posted a video showing birds flying away from trees, startled, when the player got near.

EDIT: Belgerot was right, DMarwick's project not Q's.

Would be cool if we could have smaller birds in forests.

When someone walks or sneeks in there the birds get

startled and fly of. Thus give the alarma...

OMG didnt read the last two posts... rofl.gif

yay.gif

I was hoping to see an update to that project by DMarwick. Maybe these birds will ignite progress?

I like how they look in game so far. It feels like there is a lot more natural feel now with so many types included.