Sign in to follow this  
lockjaw-65-

New warfare mode

Hi all

I have an idea for a control the island style map. Im not any good at scripting so was hoping that somebody like (xeno or doomguy hint hint lol) could take some time and look at my idea and tell me if its possible. If it would be straight forward or difficult. Or if it has already been done and i have missed the boat.

It would be like a cross between domination and warfare.

I was hoping that it will be more for arma2 but i suppose it could be started on the present arma.

Of course there is a lot more to be added and thought about

but this is an outline.

Well here goes......

Invasion (Warfare mode)

Objective will be to invade and take control of the entire Island. You will start offshore (In arma2 on the aircraft carrier); you will lead your squad and secure a landing point. Once you have secured an area you can set up the main command post (port). Supplies and equipment can then be transported to this port from a fictitious home land. You will be able to build defence structures etc within a certain radius of the port. You will also receive a Forward command post (fcp). The idea behind this is to set it up in another area (town) that you have secured.

Fcp,s can then be set up as you gain more towns etc.

Each command post can unpack in a selected town or area. This can then build ammo dumps, fuel stations and repair workshops. It will also be able to build defence positions and structures within a certain radius. You will be allocated a new fcp once you have unpacked the previous one or if one gets destroyed. You will not require cash to build structures etc from an fcp but each item will take a set time to construct.

Once you have set up a forward command post it can then be supplied with fuel, ammo and equipment such as weapons and tanks. The interface for this will be similar to that of warfare but without cash values, only building or delivery times.

All these will be supplied from the original landing area via trucks etc. So it will be vital to defend these supply lines and the original landing area which will as time goes by build up into quite a busy port.

Everything for the war machine will be supplied through this port. Fuel, ammo, and weapons will have to be driven from there to the chosen destination. Tanks etc will be dropped at port and then moved to a chosen destination. Aircraft, helicopters etc will be flown in from a fictitious home land. Some of these will be used to air lift supplies to your Fcp,s.

As you control larger areas the logistics become more complex and vital to your advance.

The amount of supplies you get will be governed by how many Fcp,s you have. An example of this would be some kind of point system for each fcp. Lets say 500 points for every 2 minutes for each fcp you have.

A tank could be worth 400, troops 50, helicopter 900 etc. You will be able to queue items with your home base inventory.

Fuel and ammo trucks could be given as one per fcp and maybe respawn at port if destroyed. When they reach their destination they will unload their contents in to either the fuel dump or ammo dump.

See the problem will be to deliver to your forward bases. If the supply lines get broken then the supplies and fuel will dry up at your Fcp,s. As you can see it will be important to defend all supply routes.

The setup could be similar to that of warfare where the Island is occupied by independents and you have two sides fighting for control. Or it could be played just as a coop similar to the domination maps, with one team against the occupying forces. A lot of team work will be required and side missions will be there in the form of defending supply routes, scouting for enemy positions, attacking enemies supply routes, destroying bridges etc.

As you look at the map screen there will be no markers visible until you take a town then a marker will appear, which shows you control that location.

So basically I need a squad to start in boat.

Enemy occupied towns.

When first town is clear a marker will appear to show that this is main port.

A MHQ (fcp) will be air lifted to this point which the player can then deploy; as soon as this is deployed another will be airlifted in ready for next town.

From this the player will be able to build an ammo dump and a fuel dump they both will have only limited amount in them. The player will also be able to build some defence structures.

Now you can queue some supplies, troops etc which will be air lifted to first base, from there it is down to the players...

The next stage for the player will be to capture another town. Once another town has been captured the new MHQ can be taken there and unpacked. A new MHQ will be airlifted to the first base. Once this has been done, you will be able to order more supplies etc. Once again the player will be able to make a fuel, ammo and repair shop along with defence structures. For every MHQ you will receive a fuel truck and an ammo truck. Replacements will have to be queue ordered like anything else.

I will just add why I want to do this. Imagine you’re a commander of an army and you’re told to invade another country. Of course everything costs money but that is down to politics at home. You have been told as the commander that the only obstacles are logistics and time. At home you have a stock pile of troop’s tanks etc. This leads me to the concept that I have. Find a good spot to do a landing, secure area and set up main base then you can start to move your war machine. After the d-day landings they did not make a tank factory just behind the front line, they were shipped in.

I think the time is right to be able to make this possible by learning and developing from Warfare and Domination.

OK I can see that there is not much intrest in this but it is something that i will still pursue myself as I feel it would give a more realistic feel to to the full scale war.

I have thought about using warfare as a template. Does anybody know how difficult it would be to remove all money from warfare and replaceing it with wait time?