Sign in to follow this  
bigstone

distorted faces

Hi I don't know what is causing the distorted faces in Arma. Has anyone had this problem with the units? I mean the faces look melted are are in the shape of a long pizza slice???

I'm guessing this is caused by you using ACE mod.

Try removing world=empty from your shortcut and don't enter servers directly from programs like Yomas tool.

If you use my tool or another launcher or a direct connect shortcut you're more likely to have the problem.

Just launch using local game in my tool and manually connect to the server. It's a known Ace bug.

Now i can suprise you... I've seen this bug waaaay before ACE... But now it's back and it's pissing me off again... I have this bug 2 days or something... And i'm using ACE since release... So this bug is random and i think it's not caused by ACE... Maybe some addons conflicting but i didn't find out which. Yet...

PS: Sry for my english, i'm polish wink_o.gif

I had great experience when doing like Yoma says.

Uncheck "World=empty"

check "Local game"

And then your ok.

While I'm not using Yoma tool, deleting world=empty from startup  line in shortcut seems working... And once before trying this, bug dissapeared when i removed all my units addons. So in some way this is a reason too... And before, before i tested this without addons, just ACE and i didn'd noticed that bug then.

Well all i can say is that i haven't had this bug once before using Ace.

And it totally doesn't happen to me when first launching Arma locally and then connecting to a server. Some users seem to be able to reproduce it without connecting to a server, but on my pc this never occurs.

I never ever ever saw it happen without addons so i think this topic doesn not belong here. (This topic is for troubleshooting CLEAN, vanilla Arma i think)

Is this the same issue? If so, I'm glad it's a known issue.

I'm getting it while running ACE 1.04 with Afghan Village only, but if the island changes to Sahrani, the problem goes away.

Thanks for the tips; will try them out.

long_faces_bug.jpg

That's the issue indeed. Launching locally and then connecting to online game from within Arma allways solves the problem for me.