Sign in to follow this  
Nowyoudie

ACE-compatible Evolution missions

Holy crap!! I'm.. I don't know what to say. Thank you so much, however, I only understand 50% of it, because my friend was struggling to get the vehicles to respawn, including the ACE vehicles in, say, ACE Evolution 4.6 (from some German gaming community) I didn't mean to make it sound like I knew how to edit.. Would you let me play your mission or would that be asking for too much? =\

[WCC]SirSmok@lot,

Superb mate! Can't wait to play it when you get the answer to your problem.

[TAO] Kremator

Well currently I lost a drive tonight and lsot some of the work i did just today, i think I almost got it figured.

Also later tonight and tomorrow I'll host it on a temporary dedicated with the current version I have.

look for the -=GA=- [Proving Grounds] server, I should be hosting it there.

Also as an update, doesnt seem to have memory issues on the server so things are looking good as far as stability.

Did you manage to sort the support options ?

Will try to join this evening if I don't get waylaid!

Keep up the good work mate.

[TAO] Kremator

When testing ToeTagger frapped some spots. Shows the Lift capability active in multiplayer fairly smooth.

He threw that vid together just to show a few people, but its the best i can do for ya at the moment.

I do have the Ruck's sorted but the ammo is giving me a problem. The ruck respawns but the magazines you place in it hasn't. Almost there.

I agree with you Mandrake5, however I wish I could continue using ACE. But it is too overdone and if there was an option to disable Fatigue/Bleeding/Unconscious/Screen blinking red/black/white, I would love to play more. But me and my friends just get tired of struggling to keep each other alive, we prefer the vanilla gameplay but we love the wide variety of guns offered by ACE. So I was wondering if there was a way to implement the list of guns in older evolution missions like Version 2 and 3 MHQ.

ace has game logics u put down in the editor to disable the bleeding effects and such

Well since I'm having troubles with the support options....(posting something in the ArmA Editing forums about it)...I'm looking at trashing the whole mission and starting over with a solid build of Evo 3 MHQ and up. I'm not sure this version of Evo was solid to begin with as I don't have the original Evo Southern files anymore after the Harddrive crash!!

I do have an updated version out now though that I have been hosting for the community, but I've not had the server up in a couple days due to its unfinished state.

I'll run it tonight if your interested?

Come over to globalalien.com (-=GA=-) tonight and join us on TS...I should pop in later tonight depending on what's going on tonight

Like whatrstratton said here's the lines you add to the init.sqf. But i noticed that sometimes certain "systems" are still functional from time to time and with some players. Anyone able to look at this and tell if maybe something isn't selected right...seems to work erratically though:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// ACE related settings

ACE_Respawn = true;

ACE_RespawnFade = false;

ACE_RespawnNoChat = false;

ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true;

ACE_NoHeartbeat = true;

ACE_NoBreathing = true;

ACE_NoBlackout = true;

ACE_Wind_Modifier_Vehicles = 0.0;

ACE_Environment_Snow = 0.0;

ACE_Sys_Ruck_SpawnRuckItemsOnDeath = false;

Hey, thanks for the update. Sure run it tonight if you don't mind. I'd like to check it out

Been out of commission lately due to life calling and such....I'll be sure to hop on this soon. I've been thinking of scrapping the current mission build and starting from a good and stable Evo. May take some time to revamp. But I've been really eyeing the latest Evo 3 w/MHQ unranked as a good base to work from since the Unranked versions seem to tbe the most popular. i might also tweak the parater options so its selectable at the start. But this might cause some confusion as they would bth be sharing the same notes.

More details later on this ;)

Awesome, glad to know you're still here, hope things were going OK in real life for you. Take your time :)

Does any got a version of Evo for ACE thats unlocked and has MHQ? If so I would like to have it then start porting it to all the ACE Islands.

Xeno could do that for his Domination missions, but I'm not sure people are really excited about doing that because ArmA 2 is basically 3 months away.

Xeno could do that for his Domination missions, but I'm not sure people are really excited about doing that because ArmA 2 is basically 3 months away.

I agree Nowyoudie I just think it sucks that the ACE team provided all these great Islands and they just sit on our server collecting dust, I could make normal coop missions but you play them 5 times and they get boring.

It would be cool if there where EVO and Domination Templates out there to port to different Islands because I have opened them up but I have been out of the Editing seen so long I don't know what half the scripts are.

Yeah I do know basic editing, but not the scripting part. I cbf'd to learn all this stuff if I don't even understand the basics of scripting in this game.

yes it is working...just download the atest version form that thread!

yes it is working...just download the atest version form that thread!

I've downloaded the mission and it's all well and good but for the fact that the player base is overly complicated, which means that if you recruit AI soldiers fromdirectly in front of it they can't get out. This isn't so bad as you can paradrop them still, but I have bad luck with them getting shot on the way down.

Edited by Ludovico Technique

just move out of the sandbag around the main building...that will solve the problem and the KI won't be shoot down (as long as your teammates are not stupid and triggerhappy ;-) )

btw. new version released yesterday...and he released a Mission called "SF Combat ACE" (same thread) which should be pretty similar to Evolution. haven't tried it myself...but definetly will the next Weekend!

But You can check it out on FAKK-Server first ;-)

Could anyone host that? My game keeps crashing to desktop if I try to host anything. The error is:

File x_dlg\dummy.hpp, line 16: . RscText: Member already defined.

:(

I downloaded and played LAN that 4.96 version. It is good but I ran into some bugs. First bug is the enemy aircraft. Holy bejezzus! They are everywhere and kicking the crap out of you! They are virtually invincible. I had two AI and me shooting SAM's, and one AI shooting the vulcan. How many chaff/flares do these guys have??? I shot 6 SAM's at one airplane and he still would not die. If you jump in any vehicle, even in the base, they are on you like flies.

The other bug is sometimes when you die/respawn the death/unconsciousness effects carry over. So there you are in the base still screwed.

The good part of the version was the right amount of enemy per town. I didn't feel overwhelmed. I could sneak into the cities and have good battles. Ambushing vehicles was fun.