Sign in to follow this  
Nowyoudie

ACE-compatible Evolution missions

EDIT: Nevermind

I would like to attempt to implement ACE's arsenal of weapons in vanilla ArmA Evolution mission file. Do I need to ask for permission to do this myself?

There are various versions of an ACE Evolution mission already out there.

Unfortunately, none of them are in a 'finished' state so they all lack something vital...

The highest I've seen at the moment is ACE Evolution 4.2. This has all the ACE weapons but sadly the vehicle rearm/repair script is broken so FARPS dont work (makes it very hard to finish the mission). confused_o.gif

If anyone wants to make a finished version of Ace Evolution (please! ), IMHO it must have all of the following features:

- Rearm/repair script working

- ALL ACE weapons in ammo crates

- Bandages/Morphine in ammo crates (some versions lack this so you cant stop bleeding and soon die - even after a medic heals you! )

- Script to remember your weapon loadout when you respawn (4.2 lacks this, it is a real pain selecting weapons/ammo over and over...)

- Mobile HQ MUST respawn or be repairable after it is destroyed (some versions lack this so mission is virtually unplayable once MHQ gets taken out).

Please note this is not a moan - I am actually grateful to all who have helped improve Killjoy's groundbreaking Evolution mission - I would just love to play a 'finished' version!

cheers

Mandrake

I agree with you Mandrake5, however I wish I could continue using ACE. But it is too overdone and if there was an option to disable Fatigue/Bleeding/Unconscious/Screen blinking red/black/white, I would love to play more. But me and my friends just get tired of struggling to keep each other alive, we prefer the vanilla gameplay but we love the wide variety of guns offered by ACE. So I was wondering if there was a way to implement the list of guns in older evolution missions like Version 2 and 3 MHQ.

Quote[/b] ]But me and my friends just get tired of struggling to keep each other alive ...

i thought that's the whole point of ACE, and being in a war.

actually a very nice compliment to them.

Quote[/b] ]But me and my friends just get tired of struggling to keep each other alive ...

i thought that's the whole point of ACE, and being in a war.

actually a very nice compliment to them.

Well, I've updated the thread. Me and my friends don't really have much of a choice but use ACE cuz -everyone-, and I mean, :::::EVERYONE::::: is using the mod if we want to play on other servers. banghead.gif

So now I would like a link or list of all available ACE mods.

All mods completable to xeh should work normally.

The ACE mod itself has only one module, there is no "mods" changing it. The reason for this is to keep simplicity so that the whole community can adopt it.

This way people wont have to get 20 different mods to get into a server.

Hi there,

I have a reversed problem. If you run non-ace server it is very difficult to keep it alive. Usually after someone connects with ace mod the server crashes in matter of minutes. So it is really annoying to restart the server every few hours. It is kinda weird that people with ace mod connect, even when there is so meny ace servers that have ace in their names. So it is not difficult to identify ace server. So, somekind of auto-ace blocker would come in handy. Please let me know if there is such a thing.

Dont get me wrong though, people who made it have done some hard work and congratulations. Its just we dont like it.

Hi there,

I have a reversed problem. If you run non-ace server it is very difficult to keep it alive. Usually after someone connects with ace mod the server crashes in matter of minutes. So it is really annoying to restart the server every few hours. It is kinda weird that people with ace mod connect, even when there is so meny ace servers that have ace in their names. So it is not difficult to identify ace server. So, somekind of auto-ace blocker would come in handy. Please let me know if there is such a thing.

Dont get me wrong though, people who made it have done some hard work and congratulations. Its just we dont like it.

equalModRequired=1;

Found a nice version of EVO: Avolution_ACE_MOD_v104_mhq

FARPs are working well, so far no problems occured.

Recommended.

Hi there,

equalModRequired=1;

Thanks man!

Can you post where you got that version?

It was yesterday, but I don't remember server name sad_o.gif

In this moment you can join a ULTIMATE COMBAT server - they're playing this now.

EDIT:

Destroyed friedly car/armour doesn't respawn in place where has been hit, but IN AIR BASE.

Also its impossible to repair destroyed vehicles at FARPs, just a small repairs can be performed aswell taking an ammo. sad_o.gif(((

Ah, darn.. the best EVO mod I found was on a server named "20th" something but if you filtered "20th" it should show up. Their Evo mod is nice, however it's unlocked.

Been trying to fing the perfect ACE Evo conversion and upto now every one of them is buggy.

Main bugs I found are:

AI walking through buildings / vehicles.

Lots of suicide AI Aircraft

MHQ works on first spawn, subsequent ones you respawn at the first destroyed one.

I think the best I have played so far are a small co-16 Evo with Warfare objects  - only problem was AI far too quick with flares and MHQ not working as above.

The other was a CO-30, no clan name on it so dont know who did it. Loved the way how AI were super aggressive and attacked main base from paraiso. Main problem with this was AI and players able to walk thro buildings and vehicles. Also it was unranked and dont like that with Evo.

Hope someone can come up with a stable one soon.

Would like the idea of the CO-16 one with stable MHQ and AI able to advance on Airbase.

Heres hoping *fingers crossed*

Might has a look myself with my limited scripting skills

Found a new version of Ace Evo (4.6) thumbs-up.gif

This one has working FARPS and Mando hitch, so it looks promising!!!

I just HOPE it has a respawning MHQ............Ace Evo 4.6

Yes thats the one I meant Mandrake.

Unfortunateley If MHQ Dies you can take out other but you can only lock it once - then you respawn back at the old destroyed MHQ.

Other than that this version is very nice.

Full credit to whoever made it.

If there was an old MHQ removal after a set period of time, or when new one spawns would be damn near perfect.

Of course perfection would be this fixed and AI able to recapture cities and put up new towers - but thats for another thread wink_o.gif

Found a new version of Ace Evo (4.6) thumbs-up.gif

This one has working FARPS and Mando hitch, so it looks promising!!!

I just HOPE it has a respawning MHQ............Ace Evo 4.6

Thanks a bunch Mandrake for finding this. I'm also concerned about ArmA 2, will it ever have Kiljoy's masterpiece on it?

I think well done to the guy who modded it.

Hope it keeps getting developed.

sometimes the AI medics wont create Med Tents, Just Farps.

Why are the AI dumb if you put them in your M1A1's or T72? They don't shoot at infantry like they do in regular ArmA. sad_o.gif

They seem to work in Cobras ok, but HHMVs and ground vehicles happily stare around without engaging.

Strange one.

They will engage as infantry tho.

Heres a tip tho, dont recruit from inside HQ as AI will not leave it - you have to use Para drop in recruitin.

Even then tho sometimes they wont get in vehicle - I usually just fix this by dropping them or starting new squad to try again.

Why are the AI dumb if you put them in your M1A1's or T72? They don't shoot at infantry like they do in regular ArmA. sad_o.gif

It's an ACE problem..... the team are on it.

Ticket has been raised and the problem is fixed for the next version.

[TAO] Kremator

I would LOVE to have a Ranked and Unlocked versions of an ACE-oriented Evolution mission, and I tried doing it myself but I am so overwhelmed and clueless about editing them. I have Kegetys' PBO extractor, looked at the scripts in it, and I must say I'm at a loss where to turn a ranked mission into unranked. Could anyone give me an insight on how to do this?

It's an ACE problem..... the team are on it.

Ticket has been raised and the problem is fixed for the next version.

[TAO] Kremator

Fixed now in ACE 1.05.

So looks like just the MHQ problems to sort.

(Co25) Evolution SXSW [ACE1.06,ArmA 1.15]

I used the Evolution Southern (modified by 506th from original Evo, uses south/southwest of island mostly for cities, yet leaves missions intact).

I modified it extensively at first in adding extra weapons to vehicles and even kept this intact for certain vehicles that I thought wouldn't necessarily off balance the game but enhance it. Namely adding limited amount of TOW's to AH-6's, adding 30mm gun to BH for added lethality. After all mission is pretty hard especially with Ultra Ai turned on the server. *check the weapons reload at FARP etc in addressed issues below.

Anyhow back to discussion:

I've had trouble yes with some of the ACE features. To name just a few:

smile_o.gif ---> MHQ respawn - Fixed

First off make sure the classname of the M113 you are using is ACE compatible (M113 RACS may not work properly), in my case using the Stryker RV as a MHQ base. I DON'T use the MHQ prep since the .50 cal on this is fairly restricted in movement. Also this allows for a fair amount of crew to board, good for those respawning in while vehicle in motion, also has a good function as a mobile base, laser designator (not sure if it works as I haven't been able to get aircraft to lock on to laser, not even sure if its on as no red dot in close range or "reflection spot" I like to call it at long distances. Help opn this would be welcome, I'm an avid laser designator on the ground and can pick up your spots when valid in the air)

Secondly, make sure your vehicle has kept its vehicle variable i.e. "MR" or what is mentioned in you're seperate respawn script that isn't part of the EVO_VecRc, EVO_VecRm, or EVO_VecR. I've tried making a sperate call with the EventsS.sqf for this but seems to be buggered. I'd prefer to do this but a slight novice on this at this point (compared to others here wink_o.gif ) and may not have the arrays correct?

Thirdly, I use one of Xeno's RACS respawn scripts that's updated. this one works for me:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">while {true} do {

sleep (_delay + random 15);

_empty = true;

_crew = crew _vehicle;

if (({alive _x} count _crew) > 0) then {_empty = false;};

_disabled = false;

if (damage _vehicle > 0.86) then {

_disabled = true;

} else {

if (_kind == "TR") then {

_type = typeof _vehicle;

switch (_type) do {

case "Truck5tReammo": {

_vehicle setAmmoCargo 1;

};

case "Truck5tRefuel": {

_vehicle setFuelCargo 1;

};

case "Truck5tRepair": {

_vehicle setRepairCargo 1;

};

};

};

};

if ((_disabled && _empty) || !(alive _vehicle)) exitWith {

sleep 0.1;

_vehicle removeAllEventHandlers "killed";

_vehicle removeAllEventHandlers "getin";

_vehicle removeAllEventHandlers "getout";

deletevehicle _vehicle;

sleep 0.5;

_vehicle = objNull;

_newveh = _type createvehicle _startpos;

_newveh setpos _startpos;

_newveh setdir _startdir;

if(_kind == "MR") then {

MR = _newveh;

publicVariable "MR";

};

[MR, _delay, _number_v,_kind] execVM "scripts\x_vrespawn_racs.sqf";

};

};

smile_o.gif ---> Magazine reloads on vehicles - Fixed

I use another file or call to link in the actions\etent.sqf for modified load outs. I make a call for the "helipad's init as this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">epad setVehicleInit "this exec ""scripts\vclRepairPad.sqs"";";

vclRepairPad.sqs (may have come from a domination mission or something as it was last summer I left off working on it) states several actions. First off it states to remove all existing magazines and reload, secondly states what loadouts and any additional (works excellent with AH-1 standard in game in reload, infamous non-reloading of hellfires). third and final, here's the kicker, for vehicles (such as HUMV) that have one weapon and you just want to dictate how many magazines and not every magazine it would be loaded out with.

Now I haven't got around to get it to reload additional flares etc. , but no fear, if you add the following lines in your init.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//provides ammo trucks with ability to reload mando flares and missiles to units

d_reload_flares = ["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"];

d_reload_missiles = ["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"];

smile_o.gif --> Weapons box formatting, ammo drop boxes, and "ruck" boxes - Fixed

First off Ammo or weapons boxes need to be formatted for ACE weapons and ammo in the EventsC.sqf since the ammo boxes at your main, Static FARP's are refreshed on a script, also based on rank. you will find it under Evo_AmmoBox. Each "case" is ran per rank and you can limit what availble per rank under the cases. Now what i did was made a call for my IR box (a few specialty items just for fun) and Ruck Box in addition dictating what is in there as well. I did the IR box and Ruck box call off the EventsS.sqf since I deploy these only from the MHQ as well. My ruck boxes at main base non-reload since there's more then plenty of Rucks to begin with.

confused_o.gif --->Ruck Respawns ---------Help!!! banghead.gif

NOW, what I'm having troubles with that I'm hoping someone can help me with is the Ruck Respawn ability!!!

I'm having issues with script in order to get the rucks to respawn and the mags included in them.

Also seemed to have fubar'd the Support option (calling arty, ammobox etc) and the interface comes up, yet no execution.

Also added the Mando Lift script and Mando Bombs....just to name a few things I added as well.

Hopefully this helps!