Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Export my full PM Inbox

Getting sick of trying to thin down my Inbox and Sent Items each time it fills up.

I want to keep records of various discussions, permissions, author sources of models/textures etc etc ..... but finding it hard after this many years to delete.

Any know frontoffice or backoffice way to simply export ALL PMs to say a HTML file or something? (without having to cleck on each and every PM) ?

Forwarded your Q on to a friend at Sun Microsystems. Can't promise anything, but we'll see what we get. We each have our area of expertise...I just know people...lol!

I guess only by writing your own javascript hack solution to do

it the hard way.

Well, if any solution is found, please don't hesitate to share it. I would also be indebted to whoever can solve the problem.

there are programs that can save the html to disk, with a pre-set depth level. So if you go to you inbox and use such a tool you should be able to save all messages to your inbox. (im not sure about if there are pages in the inbox, I only have 40 messages or smth.)

This seem to do the job:

http://www.surfoffline.com/

Gnat @ Feb. 20 2009,14:13)]I want to keep records of various discussions, permissions, author sources of models/textures etc etc ..... but finding it hard after this many years to delete.

Screenshot every permission post?

Permissions_Gnat.jpg

Permissions_SnakeMan.jpg

Placed on relative dirs where your project are located, or even add it like "Permissions_AddonName_Author.jpg" style. Works nicely.

A PM from author granting you permission is useless, who can you show it in direct form from your inbox? Nobody. A screenshot you can show to everyone.

If you use firefox you could use DownThemAll or ScrapBook.

- with DownThemAll I was able to safe the plane html of the messages, but the embedded pictures, .css-files aren't saved (so if the forum-design is changed, the saved files look perhaps a little broken)

- with ScrapBook I was able to save all my messages in my inbox including all embedded (and optional linked) files

I started both in my inbox and used something like

- for DownThemAll: *act=msv

- for ScrapBook: act=msv

for filtering.

If needed I can give more information.

Master85

If you can wait for the new forums, vBulletin can export PMs as XML, CSV or plain text.

If you use firefox you could use DownThemAll or ScrapBook.

- with DownThemAll I was able to safe the plane html of the messages, but the embedded pictures, .css-files aren't saved (so if the forum-design is changed, the saved files look perhaps a little broken)

- with ScrapBook I was able to save all my messages in my inbox including all embedded (and optional linked) files

I started both in my inbox and used something like

- for DownThemAll: *act=msv

- for ScrapBook: act=msv

for filtering.

If needed I can give more information.

Master85

ScrapBook worked like a charm! Thank you!

yay.gif