Sign in to follow this  
datakill

Russian VDV and Recon V1.0 (Airborne)

Argh, that sucks.. I have just played Paranoia mod for Half-Life 1 and there was some serious bad-ass russian stuff !

51818.jpg

And yep, I agree with the Antiterror group ! smile_o.gif

Agreed.

That could be interesting to create the group "Alfa" addon or any similar russian urban assault unit.

About the VDV units, we are getting close to release for the version 1.2. Need to check everything and you'll have it.

Cheers

Updated version 1.2 released, link edited on the first page.

Download from author's website link

Quote[/b] ]

Changelog:

Fixed: wounds problem on the VDV team leader

Fixed: Minor shadow problem on a recon model

Fixed: wounds on faces and hands

Fixed: faces system removed to allow custom faces

2 models added (Medic male and 76th VDV Gunner)

specular maps reworked

Some textures reworked

Group system added in the editor

I am a very big fan of russian "Flora camo" (dunno if that is correct)... it has that big tan spots on top of a base green suit...

I mean this one:

Pattern

Will your spetsnatz have that camo also?

I am a very big fan of russian "Flora camo" (dunno if that is correct)... it has that big tan spots on top of a base green suit...

I mean this one:

Pattern

Will your spetsnatz have that camo also?

This one on the picture is the "Partizan" camo. There is already a model wearing this camo in the VDV addon, a recon soldier.

banner1.jpg

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

DOWNLOAD - 45th Recon VDV and 76th Div. VDV Units (v.1.2) - [105 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - 45th Recon VDV and 76th Div. VDV Units (v.1.2) - [105 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info

I like the chick soldier you made. Is she the Political Officer? Or do they not have Political Officers, anymore?

@Uziyahu--IDF

I don't know if you've seen it, but in the editor, this chick is called "medic" and she's wearing a pack with a red cross.

As for the second question, I first thought somebody played you a trick like in the movie "Good bye Lenin", if not, the answer is : hell no ! USSR is down since 1989, so why that now ?

First off, excellent work. I particularly like how 45 ORP operators are wearing "Smersh" webbing.

Second: Some of the 45 ORP guys are listed as "Especas." Go in game, set up a VDV Recce Squad on an island of your choice, go to command view, and pass the cursor over any of the VDV Recce units. Most of them say "Especas" as opposed to "VDV Recon Grenadier".

Thanks for the comments and report. I'll give a look to that and will fix it if needed for the next version.

Cheers

Hi, in german Forums a guy said its not correct that the officers wearing blue barrets.

They would only do so while in training - not in live combat/conflicts/wars

Hi, in german Forums a guy said its not correct that the officers wearing blue barrets.

then you can use a squad-team leader as officer in combat and give him the rank you want whistle.gif

Well, duh. Of course berets are not worn in combat. They don't protect against shrapnel and they highlight you against foliage.

It's perfect for in-base soldiers though wink_o.gif

@Uziyahu--IDF

I don't know if you've seen it, but in the editor, this chick is called "medic" and she's wearing a pack with a red cross.

As for the second question, I first thought somebody played you a trick like in the movie "Good bye Lenin", if not, the answer is : hell no ! USSR is down since 1989, so why that now ?

Sorry man, but I gotta laugh at this, nice reply ! rofl.gif

How are the GRUs progressing ? Are the Antiterrors confirmed ? smile_o.gif

Many times, officers visiting the troops on fronts are wearing a beret, also, those in the QG won't wear a helmet, they are wearing a beret and that's why we included this model that have been asked many times.

The GRU are progessing slowly as most of us are now focused on different things to be finished.IE: I'm currently trying to finish the functions of the BTR-80 that Lodu made.

The project on making the Alfa units is defenatly in our minds now, but we need time. The work will start on it as soon as the GRU will be done, but don't expect it for tomorrow.

Well, duh. Of course berets are not worn in combat. They don't protect against shrapnel and they highlight you against foliage.

It's perfect for in-base soldiers though wink_o.gif

They are perfect camo at night! wink_o.gif

Good work Jer!

Your working your ass off my friend. Last night short game was fun. You need more small breaks from that addon making or youll grow moss on your butt man. rofl.gif

Seriously though. Thanks for doing so much work. Highly appreciated that i can just sit back and get awesome units for free like this. All hail Studio Alpha. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Thanks bud,

fortunately I'm not alone in this work or I would turn crazy, the team is doing a great job, especialy Lodu for the models and textures on this addon. wink_o.gif

hello datakill,

are you interested to learn how to make configs in a better way

to remove any addon dependency and still offer a combined

version with RHS weapons?

Same goes for your BTR addon. smile_o.gif

hello datakill,

are you interested to learn how to make configs in a better way

to remove any addon dependency and still offer a combined

version with RHS weapons?

Same goes for your BTR addon. smile_o.gif

Sure mate, if you send me some examples showing what is to be corrected :)

ps: sorry for the long time to answer, I was off for some days

Ok great to hear datakill! :)

Just started the process. Can you please confirm that your package includes a binarized

rhs_mag and rhs_weap addon?

Edit01:

I will remove both cost and accuracy.

Cost is lower than default for special infantry.

It should be higher for more precious units.

accuracy 1000 should only be used for static objects and medics.

It makes the AI not recognize the type. Better not tweak AI with

that one. Camo is really what you want.

cost = 60000;

accuracy = 1000;

Edit02:

I removed your base class (76_VDV_BasicClass).

Instead you can mass add values via defines.

The benefit is that you can reuse the standard classes and inherit

the correct values for medic and sniper!

---

There you go :bounce3:

SA.7z

Explanations:

1) Split your one pbo into 4 - model, textures, config, replacement.

For more info see Good design - separate an addon in multiple PBOs and PBO naming thoughts.

2) Export the 7z to P. Result is P:\SA\*

3) Put your p3d files directly in P:\SA\SA_P_76_VDV.

4) Put your textures and files directly in P:\SA\SA_T_76_VDV with their respective subfolders as of now.

Note that this one has the old path in PBOPREFIX.

Therefore you do not have to repath your textures in the models.

If you want to, fred of mikero can do that in a batch operation.

5) In BinPBO tick "use source path" and tick "Addon Prefix automatically".

What can you learn in addition:

* As you can see the SA_R_76_VDV_RHS_Weap is a separate addon. This means people can remove this file simply,

if they do not want to use RHS_Weap weaon replacement for whatever reason.

* Defines can be used to easily define multiple values instead of the weird base class structure (see SA_C_76_VDV).

* Using the actual BI unit classes (medic, sniper, mg, gren) has many benefits as you simply inherit their configuration

and you can easily (mass) redefine the parts you need (see SA_C_76_VDV).

* Splitting configs into several hpp files and using includes to put them together makes configs way less messy.

* I added your tag SA_ to all needed parts. Please register it at OFPEC (yes they should allow SA_ as valid tag..) (see SA_C_76_VDV).

* Even though we split models and textures to separate PBOs, you can define the dependencies easily, if you give

them as basic config.

* For correct binarize setup, it is very much recommended to use a subfolder (P:\SA\* - best named with your tag.

You need to put all configs from CA in the SA folder like P:\SA\CA\*

(See ArmA Build Environment Setup by Sy and use unBuildArmA by MadDogX to easily extract all BI Pbos from your arma installation).

* To avoid issues with missions using your old class naming, I added compatibility classes

(see CfgPatches.hpp and CfgVehiclesBackwardsCompatibility.hpp).

* Your faces should not have been working so far. Fixed definition (see defines.hpp).

* You need to define all new cfgVehicles or cfgWeapons classes in the cfgPatches (see cfgPatches.hpp).

* You may consider splitting your SA_45_VDV and SA_76_VDV two separate

addons (see see Good design - separate an addon in multiple PBOs).

Enjoy. :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Edited by kju