Sign in to follow this  
datakill

Russian VDV and Recon V1.0 (Airborne)

The Russian Airborne Troops or VDV (from "Vozdushno-Desantnye Vojska", Air-landing Forces) is an arm of service

of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, on a par with the Strategic Rocket Forces and the Russian Space Forces.

th_VDV8.jpgth_VDV4.jpgth_VDV6.jpg

Addon Description:

-Units from russian airborne infantry, including spetsnaz and female medic.

-19 models

-Required addon : RHS Weapons pack (included)

-Addon signed, key included

-Classnames included

Credits:

_Authors: Lodu, TR7 and Datakill

Big thanks to: The beta testers: METAL, DEV and especialy Kambat from [AS] VDV clan and Griffon for their precious advices.

Mark and REBUS for the Berezka and Partizan photos

ShadowNX for the permission to release the included RHS weapons pack

The Studio Alpha community for their support and suggestions.

Download link and mirrors :

Version 1.2 (updated on March 1st 09)

.LINK 1

V1.2 Mirrors:

Armedassault.info

ArmedAssault.de

Armaholic.com

Already downloaded them from armaholic yesterday and they're absolutely great! I love them thumbs-up.gif

Lennard.

I mentioned this over on the Studio One forum but wanted to see if anyone else can confirm this.

Does anyone else get the error message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">connot load texture p:\76_VDV\data p_soldiers_steelhelmet_co.paa

It happens when I place all the units down in the Editor to check them out in game. I hit "Preview", the game loads like in should but just before I'm actually in game the error message appears and I have to hit "Ok" before I'm actually in game.

It doesn't look like anything is effected, just the message appearing. I'm using ACE v1.04 by the way.

Other then this these things are beautiful.

Fixed, please re-download it you took the addon yesterday or tonight (GMT)

Sorry for the convenience guys.

These look really nice an I notice your using the RHS weapon pack, does this weapon pack still use default tracers? I could never figure out how to get modded tracers to work with them..

Thanks for some great unit!

Regards

Mark XIII

Russians.... wait, russians huh.gif? crazy_o.gif

Damn man, I was waiting for pack like this for years !

Planning on making thr FSB ?

These look really nice an I notice your using the RHS weapon pack, does this weapon pack still use default tracers? I could never figure out how to get modded tracers to work with them..

Thanks for some great unit!

Regards

Mark XIII

As the intrest is there and i have updated versions of the pack ( textures and completely new normals so it looks totally different now ) there will be the long promised update soon with things like that take care of.

And on topic, damn nice lookign units, pretty much like i would have done them if i could model as good as i can imagine things ^^

For those who asked about other addons like FSB and such, well on the Studio Alpha page you also find screens of more units including Special Forces units.

Great! From now VDV is in ArmA smile_o.gif

One request: please add soldiers with RPK and PK to 76th VDV units. Recons have them, but regular VDV not...

Thanks for the good comments guys.

We plan to make more units in the near future and also add more models to this pack. We'll add a gunner to the 76th VDV units for a start and we listen to other suggestions.

Well, one more suggestion=)

I think sniper from 45th Recon has too bright colours of camo especially "yellow" one.

Hi, seems that no one of the units use the custom faces, they don't

diplay it; i've also seen a weird thing with the shadow of the Assault

units helmets and in the Irina's neck. But the units look real good. Let's C ya

Very nice units!  thumbs-up.gif

They´ve just sent my rellikki standard replacement into vacation biggrin_o.gif

Download replacement packs (1kb)

2 files included for replacing normal infantry and especas.

Custom faces work well using the replacement.

----------

- on one of the units wounds aren´t working, forgot to check which one, think it´s the teamleader

- the vdv sniper has a little triangle floating above/behind his hat, shows well on desert island looking at his shadow - see pic:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/magicAAA/divers/vdv_shadow.jpg

edit: made link working tounge2.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I just fixed both problems. Maybe I'll add a gunner to the 76th Div. soldiers, check the specops textures colors and release a Version 1.1 soon.

Your link to the replacement pack doesn't work (fixed now)

Great units! I hate being comparatively crap at texturing! sad_o.gif

If you ever get spare time, some motostreloks would be... insane. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the speedy reply mate, appreciated. Glad that your going to look into it at some point, I guess its just a cosmetic issue to me, but when running SLX or ACE it looks abit odd. Anyways, thanks again and keep up the good work!

biggrin_o.gif

they are so good they are my new default OPFOR units  smile_o.gif , Irina looks great , body and face , just like a woman should be. great work mate !

edit: one note about the replacement , if you'd put woman = "true"; to Irina's entry she would answer with female voice instead of man

edit: one note about the replacement , if you'd put woman = "true"; to Irina's entry she would answer with female voice instead of man

lol, you're right. thx for reporting  biggrin_o.gif

Updated file, same link as before.

edit: Updated again, added bisign files and readme.

Thanks for these Datakill! Great work guys. Always wondered about this... Is it possible to have para units (like these VDV guys) have large backpacks when they are paradroping? Once they hit the ground, those packs just disappear, basicaly simulating the real thing.

If you keep updating VDV, it will also be nice to see painted faces of recon units as a default. But not a biggie, just a though.

Thanks for adding a female medic, nice touch! and also thanks for using RHS weapons pack. Definately the best eastern pack out there (except the VSS, the damn thing is way too loud for a silenced weapon! wink_o.gif )

Hi, as drunk player and drunk texturer im againist force the units to

display a certain custom face; other than the custom face that i

use to use in the game in SP & MP, so i wouldn't force the player

managed units to use any damn cusom face/camoed face. I'll let

that crap for the AI units or i'll drop the idea; i want to use my damn

custom face booth in SP as in MP. Let's C ya

Super addon! Waited for that since Arma came out. I expected RF units to be released from some other guy first, so it's a real surprise.

THANK YOU !!!

smile_o.gif