Sign in to follow this  
Psysoldat

-df394b.tmp page fault - good and bad news!

As it has already been disclosed in various forums, many of us who recently purchased Operation Flashpoint "GOLD" Edition are having problems with the program causing an illegal operation shortly after the title appears.  

There have been a variety of inquests in to solving the problem, yet, for most, those techniques have not yielded to a functioning game.  

I just got of the phone with tech support individual at Codemasters.  He informed me something to the effect that up until today (Monday) they were not aware of this problem.  Nevertheless, he continued to add that they have been receiving phone calls all day regarding this problem which seems to have been affecting those who purchased the GOLD edition.  

Okay, now to the point:

The good news is that the engineers are currently working on this issue.  I was informed that they are trying to get a hold of the folks in the United Kingdom to see if they have any insight into this problem.  In addition, I was told that Codemasters will probably either patch the problem or distribute new discs, if ultimately needed.  Yet, the preference is to distribute a patch.  

For many, the problem is probably not with your computer or the installation of the program.  Rather, it may lie within the program.

Okay, the bad news:

Currently, those at Codemasters do not know what is causing this problem.  This is why they are trying to contact the United Kingdom (I guess where the main corporation is located).  Unfortunately, due to the weekend and the time difference, it is probable that they will not be able to get in touch until tomorrow.  Ultimately,  (in my opinion) the FAQ help may probably be ineffective for many.  Nevertheless, try anyway.  If someone figures this thing out, contact Codemasters tech support as soon as possible.  Personally, I have pretty much tried everything, yet, nothing has worked thus far.  Nevertheless, I have faith in those at Codemasters who are working on a solution.