Sign in to follow this  
Jex =TE=

Problem with waypoints - exiting chopper

Hi,

I have these 2 units

Heli1 (not grouped to the officer - own group)

Start: Flying

WP: Get Out

Officer1

Init: removeAllWeapons this; ComandGRP = group Officer1; {_x moveInCargo Heli1} forEach Units Group this

and this trigger over Heli1 GETOUT waypoint. (I had to use this otherwise the officer will sit there all day)

Trigger

Opfor Present

On Act: Officer1 leaveVehicle Heli1

So now the officer leaves the chopper (Heli1) but just stands still.

I have tried synchronizing the officers 1st waypoint with both the chopper getout waypoint and the trigger but he still just stands there.

I want the officer to be in the chopper on his own, the chopper lands and then he boards a car driven by another unit and then he finally exits the car further away and walks into a house.

I was going to accomplish this by having a series of get in/get out WP's with the other AI drivers activated by the officer activating a trigger but I'm stuck at the first sodding hurdle.

Any help, as always, appreciated.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Well I found the fix and imo, it's pretty stupid. All I did was move this guy here...

Arma.jpg"

to here...

Arma1.jpg

and he now follows his waypoints.

Looks as though you also need to give a wide berth around vehicles when they get out. It seems that when they get out and the vehicle is in between them and the next waypoint they just wobble and don't move.

PS - this guy started in the chopper