Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior

SirSmok@lot @ Feb. 15 2009,13:23)]Southy or Eble, in working on the turret system for the F-111 (haven't been working on it for a few weekls lately, life has been busy lately) I found that the guns will follow the turret movement despite the fact. I was thinking that maybe like the ACE mod Helos where the pilot has a seperate selection of weapons (7 FFAR on AH-1 for example) then the co-pilot or gunner. You could assign them accordingly so that the pilot himself has controls of the .50 Cal and the gunner has access to the other weapons that are guided (TOW's, HellFires Etc) not to mention the Laser Designator. This way I think the guns wont fall under the turret system that the Co-pilot has control of.

I just found some "free" time to pop in for a bit after giving the lovely lady some love on this Valentine's Day.

I'll check it out later as I'll be free for the next couple days and am going to get back on track with our F-111 PAVETACK project. But like you said ont aht...Turrets in jet aircraft seem to not work as we all would hope!

Sorry just been busy as of late.

Your spot on mate if I assign the guns to the pilot only, they shoot in a fixed forward position.

The reason i didn't go with this is, it gives the gunner/pilot different firing otpions but with manual fire activated the pilot still cannont access the hellfires, unless you assign those to the pilot as well but the problem then is the weapon amounts are doubled up.

i.e 2 x hellfire for the gunner and 2 x hellfire for the pilot.

I might bring it out for the next version and people can decide if they like it or not, basically it comes down to a single player, if you jump in as a pilot without an AI you won't be able to fire the hellfires/missiles.

Southy

Thank you for the work Eble.

The pilot fires the guns/rocks/stingers Eble. Not the Hellfires. The copilot/gunner fires the Hellfires. So take away the ability to fire guns/rocks/stingers from the copilot.

The pilot can move the MMS (Mast Mounted System) to a fix forward position only to display on his MFD (Mult-Function Display). The copilot has all the Hellfire/Laser/TV/Thermal/ATHS controls.

Maybe someone can come up with a Mandole artillary addon for the copilot to use the ATHS (Automatic Target Handover System)

Mission makers please start coming up with some cool missions for the best helicopter in the world.

Well there is the possibility that if a person wanted to access the gunner weapons he'd have to assing AI as a pilot and then crew the gunner seat, or vice versa, makes a drawback for either position I was thinking. All though not too many people know how to control their AI as pilots that well so that may turn out to be a problem...or just something to utilize and learn in singleplayer. If it helps, I'm sure that a large portion of the audience will use this in multiplayer wink_o.gif

SirSmok@lot @ Feb. 15 2009,17:44)]Well there is the possibility that if a person wanted to access the gunner weapons he'd have to assing AI as a pilot and then crew the gunner seat, or vice versa, makes a drawback for either position I was thinking. All though not too many people know how to control their AI as pilots that well so that may turn out to be a problem...or just something to utilize and learn in singleplayer. If it helps, I'm sure that a large portion of the audience will use this in multiplayer  wink_o.gif

along those same lines, I was trying to be the gunner with subordinate AI pilot last night while lasing targets for a LGB harrier.  Unfortunately, the pilot was rocking us forward and backward slightly making it impossible to target anything with the laser.  AI doesn't have this problem with other choppers.  Any way to fix?

Beta V2.0  - 08/03/09

Changelog:

Cockpit textures now look correct

all cockpit dials/guages work as intended

machine gun power reduced

Machine gun rate of fire and sound altered.

It's only a small change but I thought it was important to get the revised cockpit out as soon as possible.

Southy

OH58 Kiowa Beta v2.0

Looking good ! Also thanks for using our Readme Generator smile_o.gif

banner1.jpg

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

DOWNLOAD - OH-58 Kiowa Warrior (v.2.0 beta) - [3,61 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - OH-58 Kiowa Warrior (v.2.0 beta) - [3,61 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Still dieing to see a real xm296 model instead of the mini gun...its far too small.

Well on the plus side I've sent the MLOD's out a few times now so hopefully down the track you will see much better versions of the Kiowa Warrior than what I've converted here.

It's a start, unfortunately the M296 was not on the original Kiowa and I'm not able to make one myself, now if anyone wants to put a hand in the air and make one give me a shout and I'll put it on the Kiowa straight away.

Southy

You can wing it by basing it on the BIS M2HB model, which is what the M296 is. smile_o.gif

Or in other words:

"And I'm still using Great Grandpa's M2 because...?"

You can wing it by basing it on the BIS M2HB model, which is what the M296 is.  smile_o.gif

Or in other words:

Just sticking an M2 on there would look so much better.

You can wing it by basing it on the BIS M2HB model, which is what the M296 is.  smile_o.gif

Or in other words:

Just sticking an M2 on there would look so much better.

I've just thrown the Humvee M2 on it now, it's a big friggin gun!

Southy

edit - by popular demand m2 .50 cal on the Kiowa now.

Changed the minigun model for the M2

reduced the engine noise level, should stop the engine distortion.

download beta v2.5 here:

Kiowa beta v2.5 (.50 cal upgrade)

Did you fix the reload problem? When using it and trying to rearm the 50cal would just continually cycle instead of filling up and switching to the next weapon for rearm. I believe the FFARs did the same thing when the hellfires were the other weapon.

HA that m2 looks SO SO SO much better just 1 more thing bothering me now is the sound the gun makes wink_o.gif

Did you fix the reload problem? When using it and trying to rearm the 50cal would just continually cycle instead of filling up and switching to the next weapon for rearm. I believe the FFARs did the same thing when the hellfires were the other weapon.

Hye mate I wasn't aware of a problem with the Kiowa reloading.

I change the gun to the custom version and from what I can tell (online testing using the evo maps) it works fine.

If you could try the new version and let me know if it's still happening I'll look into it further.

Bascially the gun is totally different, ammo, spec and even the model for it.

Cheers

Southy

Looking good ! Also thanks for using our Readme Generator smile_o.gif

banner1.jpg

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

DOWNLOAD - OH-58 Kiowa Warrior (v.2.5 beta) - [3,53 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - OH-58 Kiowa Warrior (v.2.5 beta) - [3,53 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Well on the plus side I've sent the MLOD's out a few times now so hopefully down the track you will see much better versions of the Kiowa Warrior than what I've converted here.

It's a start, unfortunately the M296 was not on the original Kiowa and I'm not able to make one myself, now if anyone wants to put a hand in the air and make one give me a shout and I'll put it on the Kiowa straight away.

Southy

M8 there is a Gau19 gun in the ACE mod, maybe ask em for perm to use it un your kiowa ... btw the M2 looks not as pretty as the M134 did before.

Southy

M8 there is a Gau19 gun in the ACE mod, maybe ask em for perm to use it un your kiowa ... btw the M2 looks not as pretty as the M134 did before.

The m134 looked extremely stupid on there and the xm296 is basically a m2 encased in a box.

Working on the next version of the Kiowa.

Next beta will have revised damage section for rotors, Aussie Camo scheme (two versions, one attack (gameplay version) and one recon, unarmed)

various other bug fixes.

some screens, thanks to MitchArma for the Aussie Camo, great job mate.

aussiekiowa.jpg

Gameplay version (I know the Aussie OH-58 doesn't have MMS or weapons) features 2 x Hellfire missiles and 600rnd .50cal Gun

aussiekiowa2.jpg

Recon version, twin main rotor, no weapons or MMS (Mast mounted sight)

aussiekiowa3.jpg

Hope to have a working beta released this weekend, just have the Aussie roundels to complete.

Southy

Great helicopter, Southy. I've been wanting a Kiowa for a long time. Is there any way to take the doors off? Or have a command to remove them?