Sign in to follow this  
sswgp60

Ch47 Repaint

Hello

Im having trouble renaming and packing a PBO. I repainted a ch47, I used "cpbo" to pack the file and then i drop it into the AddOns folder. When I start Arma up im able to place it on the map inside the editor, however when I load the mission it says "cannot open <xxxx>.p3d"

Can someone help find out what im doing wrong.

Thanks

Aaron

Hello

Im having trouble renaming and packing a PBO. I repainted a ch47, I used "cpbo" to pack the file and then i drop it into the AddOns folder. When I start Arma up im able to place it on the map inside the editor, however when I load the mission it says "cannot open <xxxx>.p3d"

Can someone help find out what im doing wrong.

Thanks

Aaron

sounds to me like you re-named the PBO without changing any of the paths

check the file (b4 packing it into pbo (only if you changed the pbo/path name)) $PBOPREFIX$ and delete it then pack the pbo again

Thank you all for your quick response yesterday. I was able to change the name but I’m still having some trouble. Whenever I made a new pbo file, I renamed it to “USArmy_CH47m†along with all the paths inside the “configâ€. I then loaded it up but now I get a message saying its “unable to load Pracs_ch47 \CH47\Textures\ ch47_co.paaâ€. So I can see the helicopter but now it is white with no textures. Where does the path for the textures too load located? I already looked through the “config†with no success. Is there a tutorial somewhere on renaming pbo’s? Also I did not change the name to the “PRACS_CH47.p3dâ€. But I did change the names to all the classes display names and all the paths.

PS: I could not find the “$PBOPREFIX$ file. Sorry guy’s im new too skinning in ArmA. But I greatly appreciate your help!

Aaron

sswgp60@hotmai.com

Thanks!!!

Look here for the config --> http://pastebin.com/f2a128730 ######

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\USArmy_CH47m\Ch47\Textures\ch47_ico_ca.paa

- Based on above, your pbo should be called USArmy_CH47m.pbo

- inside you working directory (USArmy_CH47m) you obviously have another subdirectory called CH47

- then inside that directory is Textures

If thats not the case then thats a problem.

- If you still have the original PRACS models inside that directory, they'll probably give you trouble.

- If its just you p3d in there, then you just have to

a) rename the stuff in the config.ccp (as you did)

b) - open the model in O2, click TOOLS -> MASS TEXTURE & MATERIALS RENAMING

- Click every texture/reference and rename any "PRACS_CH47" to yours.

- save it