Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

ArmA2 factions: What's the NAPA faction?

I liked the last video. It's closer to art than the last few ones.

ChDKZ is russian for "Chernarussian Movement Of The Red Star":  Chernoruskaja Dvishenije Krasnoii Zvezde. I am not completely sure about the grammar.

NAPA might have to be read in Russian too. But from the looks of the flag, it doesn't look russian. It looks like a toy-flag. Maybe some mercenaries, or some non-aligned side. National Party (almost same in russian), Neutral Party might be a guess too.

(EDIT, does not compute cyrillics)

Chernarusskoe dvishenie krastnoj zvezdy.

Cherno

whistle.gif

Hmm...

Well its obvious that "we" wont join forces with the ChDKZ or Russia so thats probably where the NAPA drop in, i bet they opose the CDF/government as well as the ChDKZ.

Typical plot twist, most likely the CDF isnt as good as we are initially led to believe, i expect this part should be revealed after we kick Akula's ass or something.

Now i dont believe BIS will put us directly fighting Russia and the ChDKZ doesnt sound like a very powerfull faction so this strenghtens the theory that we might end up turning against the CDF. The only problem is this would be very linear... hmm...

So perhaps the NAPA will be a dynamic, independant faction who might help, ignore or atack us depending on our actions.

With so many factions i hope BIS will take the oportunity to create interesting, strong and believable characters, Akula sounds like a village idiot so thats a bad start..

Well, I just hope they don't turn the Russians into the typical bad guys and the USMC into the typical good guys, and actually show the shades of gray that is present in any conflict. But seeing as how they've already gone into the Force Recon-is-*totally*-badass type of perspective that is similiar to black and white Hollywood movies, I'm not hoping for much.

But only time will tell, so here's for hoping. smile_o.gif

Well, I just hope they don't turn the Russians into the typical bad guys and the USMC into the typical good guys, and actually show the shades of gray that is present in any conflict. B

I gues the posibility to chose who you kill evens it up . Killing every civilian >>> evil force recon team

haha, i really like this post!

and i like the mercenaries idea!!! some strange foreigners with fency/unusual weapons and tactics for this scenario? but i doubt it...

@ heatseeker: with your description of akula it sounds like he is the right person to have endless discussion with some people around about things that are subject to change... wink_o.gif

he's got some brownish tan, don't you think?

@ heatseeker: with your description of akula it sounds like he is the right person to have endless discussion with some people around about things that are subject to change...  wink_o.gif

he's got some brownish tan, don't you think?

Heheh biggrin_o.gif .

I hope they release the videos of the other factions soon!

If I remember correctly, BIS is declassifying new info about the factions every week now. At least, I remember reading that somewhere...

Many factions, small area.

I'm not seeing how the scope of a conflict with realistic insertion times can portrayed when the enemy base is literally behind the next hill.

From after seeing the map och chernarus and seeing how big the airport is, I'm getting a cramped feeling...

NAPA = RACS kinda?

Dont know but maybe a modern force?

NAPA...NATO...NAPA... hmmm... smile_o.gif

well, since some people mentioned parallels to the war in georgia, looking up there might explain what NAPA is cause it might be inspired from an existing force...

we know about russia, we know about georgia, the civilists and the us/nato.

now if i'm right we might have two groups of separatists (ChDKZ and NAPA)

in georgia there are two groups of separatists... one of them wants south ossetia to be an independent county the other want to join russia (an be together with north ossetia which belongs to russia)

i guess this could be close to the truth... everybody can do the math by himself...

makes it interesting cause NAPA and ChDKZ have similar goals but with differences in the results...

I'd say ChDKZ wants south zegoria to join russia (same flag as russia but with a red star, brutal leader, same row as russia in the factions section)

and NAPA is closer to the civilians... (same row, independent flag for an independent country) maybe we can become friends with NAPA and convince them to stabilize the situation... but if we act brutal they will move closer to ChDKZ...

My two cents:

On the campaign description PDF in the press kit, it states that at the beginning of the campaign, the ChDKZ conquers most of south zagoria and pushes the CDF back, and they install a puppet government. Given NAPA is probably the "resistance" slot faction, it would make sense that they're nationalist partisans, still fighting for their homes even though the government forces have left them. When the USMC shows up, I'd assume you'd make contact with them as you wait for the big guns and the CDF to move back into the area.

seen as there are animals in Arma 2 i reckon its stands for National Animal Protection Association. basically if u kill a cow or kick a dog they attack you with piket lines infront of a new objective or even give you a letter warning a date for you to be in court for breeching animal rights.

But my bet is on it being a neutral miltia in each village which looks after them selves from other frations.

Hi, Ive just updated myself on this thread and its quite intreging. Im gonna throw this out, and may i ask if u please leave insulting me to a minimum, but has anyone considered maybe that NAPA can be a branch of a PMC (private military company) force? personally I wouldnt wanna see a PMC force in Arma2 but due to rising current events over their existence in modern warfare it cant be ruled out entirely. again it also reaffirms the fact that it is a force inbetween that can switch side to side, but seems atad farfetched (interms of realism towards games). becoz in the war in Iraq atm it isnt just America vs Iraqi Insurgent, there are numerous gangs, republican army, NATO and UN forces, Euro Alliance forces, British, ANZAC, Blackwater etc. so a PMC force isnt that important to include as a faction in this game. but again, u can never rule it out.

again, its a thought, but I personally wouldnt wanna see a PMC. So if u object to this aswell please dont throw me to the dogs mercilessly lol

On a side note though, I personally would love to see some SAS. Maybe even a joint special forces task force for the Marine Force Recon and SAS. Some lads in bergens, beanies, camo etc doing what specials forces do best, reconisance. Or even what they did in Northern Ireland in the 70s when they wore casuals and blended into the civilians. But im day dreaming haha

I want NAPA to be like "WOLVERINES!!!!"

How's that cheap clansite coming?

Cheap site done :O

Wolverine Squad

Waiting for press release of napa faction.

We should now recruiting some more people to conquer Chernarus!

Cheap site done :O

Wolverine Squad

Waiting for press release of napa faction.

We should now recruiting some more people to conquer Chernarus!

YES IT IS TIME!

notworthy.gif

Now we know that the NAPA is the Nationalist Party. Looks like they don't have any allies.

Now the only thing that isn't showing is "Guerilla".

Now we know that the NAPA is the Nationalist Party. Looks like they don't have any allies.

Now the only thing that isn't showing is "Guerilla".

They are the Guerillas by the sounds of things. They Fight for themselves and what they think is Free. Check the site Arma2.com

Hi all,

While I might be wrong, in my perspective everyone seems to miss the information revealed in the two of the faction videos released so far.

Before I start my theory, I recommend everyone to review the video of the ChDKZ faction and that of the Citzens.

On the first video, you hear Akula talking about the lack of security given to the Russian minority that lives at the northen part of the country.

On the second video, first thing you see: a car bomb attack!!! The journalist describing the video then informs that a spokesman for the ChDKZ claims that the attack was perpetrated by an anti-russian movement.

Well if 2+2=4 then NAPA is the anti-russian faction. Personally I don't see reason for the ChDKZ to make a terrorist attack against the chernaussians russian community which they are defending. Remember that the terrorist action was made in a town of the Northen part of the country which is mainly composed of a russian community.

No video today?

Yeah, I was a bit too quick. Usually they were on site before 12.

Video is OK though.

For conservative values?Most retarded quote ever.

Who think of it?

Something like "For the fatherland and the people" it would be better.

Any problem with the video?It doesnt load.

For conservative values?Most retarded quote ever.

Who think of it?

Something like "For the fatherland and the people" it would be better.

Any problem with the video?It doesnt load.

Download it for WMP of Quicktime.

Links at the bottom of the page.