Sign in to follow this  
Wasdie

Scoring script

Hey all. I'm doing some work with the Evo Blue MHQ V3 map. I have been updating it to work with the ACE mod as a few features didn't work as well as adding the weapons and vehicles into the new Evo map.

Anyways, I need some help with a scoring script. Is there any way in ArmA to access the number of enemies, armor, and air a player has killed. ACE doesn't score like ArmA does, so im basically writing a little script to score properly. This isn't an ACE thing this is an ArmA thing I need, really I could use this outside of ACE in any mission I want but it would be pointless.

Thanks.

I don't think that you can access this detailed info directly, only the sum of all scores with the command 'score'.

But you can record this info during the mission:

Add a killed-Eventhandler to all units (or extend an already existing one). This EH returns the destroyed object and the one who destroyed it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addeventhandler["killed", {_this execVM "score.sqf";}];

score.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">private["_obj", "_killer", "_type"];

_obj = _this select 0;

_killer = _this select 1;

if(_obj iskindof "Man") then {

// _killer killed a soldier

} else {

_type = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _obj) >> "type");

if(_type == 0) then {

//_killer killed a soft vehicle

};

if(_type == 1) then {

// _killer killed a tank

};

if(_type == 2) then {

// _killer killed a aircraft

};

};

Then you have to think of some datastructure where you store and maintain these infos for each player.

mando has made a even finer grained function for that.

its part his bomb and missile pack. mando_score.sqf