Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

AI Paths LOD

Examining the Paths LOD in BIS models I notice that vertices are named either IN# or POS#, which reflect the initial point(s) of a path and positions along the path.

How does one create these names/properties when creating a Path LODs?

Thanks.

... i think you just have to create a plane, select a vertice and name it. Just as it is done in the sample object. To me it seems these paths are always hovering quite a bit over the geoLOD... dont know if that matters...

At least i did it this way but dont know if it works...

Could you give me a clue as to where? Searching for "path" "LOD" etc brings up a lot without helping. Thanks.

just select the vertices u want to define as a certain selection. then go to the named selections window (if not there, just activate it in the windows options on top) and right-click and select new. now u can give it a name (In#, #pos...whatever)....voila!

BB smile_o.gif

Thanks, BB. The O2 Biki does it's normal crap job of explaining the purpose/need for naming the vertices.

I did it the same way but AI doesnt seem to like my paths... is there anything else one has to do, to make the paths work?

As i remember in the original game you could say AI to take position in houses...

any ideas?