Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Burnout Paradise for PC

Damn, anyone else seriously addicted to this arcade racer? It seems that fun from NFS1 has returned smile_o.gif

A short video what you can expect

But the biggest addiction threat is the way cool multiplayer component where you race and do tons of other fun stuff!

Extremely recommended. (warning: i'm not affiliated to the publisher or have any connections with the developer)

Tried it with a friend, not really impressed. Mediocre graphics and it doesn't really feel like you are driving a car at all.

The Flat Out games were better in my opinion.

I played the game on the PS3 when it came out. The freedom you have in this game, the impressive environment and all that traffic were really cool, and at the beginning I was very exited. Unfortunately it didn't offer much long term motivation. After some initial exploring and 'playing around' I quickly decided it was 'too much freedom' for my taste. I found I rather prefer more traditional racers (like the FlatOut series or even Gran Tourismo) with career mode and instant races. But then I'm not one to spend hours and hours continuously playing these games anyways, but rather prefer them for a quick race inbetween.

So it really depends on wether you are a huge stunt racer fan and like to play around in an open environment for days & weeks - preferably with some friends in multiplayer - or rather prefer straight forward racing. If it's the latter Burnout Paradise might not be the right game...

I downloaded and tried it last night, and quickly uninstalled it when I realised that putting the handbrake on whilst turning doesn't result in a handbrake turn as you'd expect, but automatically turns your car 180 degrees and brings it to a dead stop. I'm (allegedly) a grown-up, surely I can be trusted to drive a pretend car without the computer taking over?

Flatout may have lacked the sandbox city, but at least the car did what you fucking told it to.

I have it for my 360 and I think its one of the best racers I have ever played. I like having to avoid the traffic and I also like the open city. It was a bit hard at first racing through the city not knowing where to go but you eventually get used to it.

I gave the trial a go. Gotta admit, I found it pretty damn fun.

Car handling is far from realistic but it is responsive and drives well with a wheel, unlike many other arcade races (cough*NFS*cough). Smashing other racers off the road is fun and the visual damage model looks incredible.

On my old PC (geforce 7800GT..) the game looks great and runs very smoothly on medium settings.

Personally I would rather play a Flatout 3 if they made one but this will do.

Still not sure if I'll buy it though, I worry that I'll get tired of it quickly. And the price of new games here is a bit much.

Still not sure if I'll buy it though, I worry that I'll get tired of it quickly. And the price of new games here is a bit much.

There is quite a bit to do in the game. It lasted me a while and I only put it down because school started. Just like Burnout 3 I will probably pick it up again when I have time. Its a really fun game. The only thing I don't like about it is how the races end in only 6 places. I wish there were more places to end than that.