Sign in to follow this  
nene2970

Island Angel

Hello ,

Nene2970 and Ocramweb from the team DST released some screenshots

of the work in progress of Angel Island,a tiny but highly detailed 5x5 km.

The island is split into several different countryside feeling.

Town, village, civilian and military port,aerport,racing circuit...small but fully fonctional as is included a logic script system.

No release date, but the island is over 80%.

island_angel6.jpg

island_angel3.jpg

island_angel13.jpg

island_angel17.jpg

island_angel16.jpg

Wow looks nice !  

edit : can't wait to try the racetrack smile_o.gif. Nice idea.

has that feeling of Arma2, looks really impressive smile_o.gif

Hopefully authors will make at least one airstrip on it.

Yeah they mention at least one airport so should be cool, wanting to try the race track out for sure smile_o.gif

Hopefully authors will make at least one airstrip on it.

Yeah they mention at least one airport so should be cool, wanting to try the race track out for sure   smile_o.gif

yeah me too! and i hope for lots of big and small military fob's/camp's using bis arma buildings(like sahrani's u.s. military barrack's/shack's on concrete block's)!

looks really nice with the extra details like a racetrack, reminds me of some of the custom stuff people throw into ofp resistance islands inlove.gif

like homeland island or aef phoenix or mapfact nogova with all the special objects like mining facilites and airport structures and more.

This island, is more on the civ oriented side, but there is an airstrip,a military port,some area will do pretty nicely for invasion, defence.... castle ruins, beaches...

Angel Island will come with a script Logic system, to be added in mission editor, too have a fully dynamic island (working repair centers for example, fountains and much more...) just by adding a logic into your mission.

wink_o.gif

One little critism after seeing the screenshots...

It looks like that OFP Elite-style transparent grass is used. IMO that grass looks weird and shadows don't cast on it properly. I think the grass that North Sahrani uses since the 1.09 patch would be a better choice.

Besides that it looks great. Very nice detail.

Thinking back, this island more than qualifies for a request I made recently.. The placement of everything is outstanding, I can't wait for more news!

Sorry for not replying those last days...

Yep more news coming,I have a big text to write down to talk about this Island, but I feel lasy at the momment so I'll soon post some screen shots

and then I 'll try to explain our point of view on this.

oh..., one news at least: this project will be available unbinarised ! and unless using precise benchmarking tools,

there will be 'no' differences whatsoever to the player, but a good point on this, as I regret the good old days...,people can learn from and/or improove parts of the work.

ocramweb: if you need any help let me know. I'm closing to beta of my first map project for ArmA ;)