Sign in to follow this  
floosy

Pbo log - config class missing

Ok Opteryx gave me a model from porto. I used my .hpp to modify it and this is the result:

Link

Do you think is ok?

1) path not consistent:

a) worldName = "\floosy\isla_del_jonas\isla_del_jonas.wrp";

vs

b) directory = "\isla_del_jonas\data\scenes\intro.isla_del_jonas";

2) inheritance wrong

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSurfaces {

class Default;

class Water;

(this is the correct one)

3) floo_smallRockClutter not used

4) do not define: access = ReadOnlyVerified;

5) inheritance could be better in CfgWorlds

Although probably not helpful in this case, I have experienced really mysterious problems with cfg and cpp files causing problems without any "visible" errors in the files themselves.

I lost a good six hours this weekend when I added a new texture to the map which caused all the textures on the map to go black.  After much frustration, trial and error,  I cut and pasted the new texture listing in the layers.cfg from the top of the list to the bottom of the list and everything worked.  This is not the first time this has happened.

Only a guess, but I suspect it might have something to do with spaces in the text file.

In any case it is a good idea to keep copies of cfg files that work, and when something goes really screwy to go back to a good one and retype/reinsert the changes, rather than just working on the bad file.