Sign in to follow this  
ricogs400

What platform would you buy it for?

I emailed 505games to find out about the PS3 release. The representative said, ArmA 2 will not be coming out on the PS3 Console.

This makes sense considering the PC roots, the closeness the Xbox is to the PC in hardware terms, and the difficultly other developers are having porting games over to the PS3 due to the BE Cell processor and architecture. Hell, they can't even make a decent SOCOM game. So for BI to try and port to PS3, would not make sense for BI from a business standpoint. And they did not develop in parallel with other platforms. Maybe ArmA 3 when the 3D PS4 comes out in 8 years.

We know the PC is the platform it is scheduled for first release and console to be decided, but if given the choice, what would you buy it for?

They have the same poll on OFP2 and as much as I want Arma2 on PS3, I would settle for it on X360.  I just won't be buying a bulked up PC for games anymore, but I will buy arma2 and ofp2 on one of the consoles.

Hi ....just joined BI. welcome.gif

Can't afford the constant upgrade of my PC to keep up with the next gen games right now ( on disability) so I bought a 360 last year to make game purchasing easier. I know--less games, less mods etc but its real easy to care for, rarely crashes, and the games have been surprisingly decent. ARMA 2 is a definite necessity for 360. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced. Many xbox owners are unaware of ARMA2-I think if they did some promo on XBox Live or the 360 web sites they'd find the army sim community is in dire need of a game of this caliber. I've spread the word, and everyone I know is looking forward to an XBox 360 version.

My fingers are crossed smile_o.gif

Seeing how the community here is mostly PC gamers for obvious reasons I don't see the point of the poll. Might as well post this on some Nintendo Wii fansite, you'd get 99% wanting a Nintendo Wii version.

Exactly. No point having such inherently biased poll here.