Sign in to follow this  
sk3pt

The Hunter

Because you can. Animals are dumb as bread, and to drag any morality lines from killing an animal to killing a human being, is just silly in my opinion.

I'm not going to get further into the PETA discussion though.

I'm not a member of PETA or similar but still your opinion about animals being dumb and inferior to humans make me shake my head. Please be kind and don't aggravate people with such ignorant remarks if you don't want to discuss about it. Thank you.

But anyway, those graphics look absolutely awesome! A hunting game sounds a bit tedious though imo, can I use a tank at least? biggrin_o.gif

Whats aggravating and ignorant for you may not be for others. How do you think I feel about you calling me ignorant?

I am from a family that were often outdoors and used the nature for what its worth, currently I keep three dogs whom have a lot of hours in training invested in them.

I'm sorry about the reality check. Spend a few hours on Disney.com, and you should be fine again wink_o.gif

I've lived close to nature very much myself as well and that's why your disrespective remark of animals was confusing and simply not true, therefore.. so much for reality checks. But anyway, this is getting offtopic so I'm afraid we can't continue this discussion here. Have a good day.

I think discussing the merits of real world hunting in a hunting game thread has about as much use as discussing the merits of going to war with countries in an ArmA2 thread, I admire your anti-hunting stance (I also would never want to kill an animal for sport), but this thread is about a game, if you don't want to try the game, try a different one smile_o.gif

these videos of wood in rain looks really great ...

hopefully i get chance to take look on this minigame ...

btw. it would be probably great game for education ...

something like virtual 3D encyclopedia about forest etc.

Yeah I got a code on Monday I think, then they open it up to everyone the next day!

Sadly the beta is stuck to WASD with no key config so it's useless to lefties like me sad_o.gif

Eh? I'm a leftie... what keys do you use to run around?

I hope they give the options of setting our on keys, soon.

I was raised with lots of hunting/fishing times with relatives.

This game has a "real time" feel. Cept, I never had a secret decoder tool before, and the red glowing markers makes it to easy.

I'm also wondering if we get any upgrades/vehicles with progress, or does it take a paying membership?

I am certainly no fan of hunting games, but the graphics really do look special, are they as good as they appear in the screenshots?

Yeah I got a code on Monday I think, then they open it up to everyone the next day!

Sadly the beta is stuck to WASD with no key config so it's useless to lefties like me sad_o.gif

Eh? I'm a leftie... what keys do you use to run around?

Arrow keys using my right hand, left hand on mouse smile_o.gif

My lefty friend plays with WASD on the right hand, so I guess its more about what you are used to.

Graphics in that is awesome.

Deer Hunter 2005 was very good in all aspects. Havent seen a hunting game better than that. Havent really been looking either that much, but the ones ive seen havent even been close to the realism of "Deer Hunter 2005 The season".

DH2005 uses real scoring and antlers are randomly generated as well as weight and fur. Sometimes a rare is loaded but its very very seldom. Can be an albino or special fur (real life anomalities). So you go out and shoot to break your own or others records in either weight or the complex antler scores (measured lenght between antler tips, number of tips etc etc).

Animations were really good. Animals sniff you, sleep, eat and move around. They have kids that follow and bucks can clash and fight. It was very well done. Map making is possible as well with the map editor. I made a bunch that was in elite tournaments. Sadly the devs got offers to make some game(s) on consoles as the financials wasnt good enough on PC. I was told by one very nice guy in the dev team that they cried over having to let the code just sit. It was the most realistic hunting game and they wanted to coninue the code for more realism and a new release.

There might be now years after this happened with the console stray, that it might come back. Not sure, but thaught i heard something about it. Gonna check for old time's sake.

smile_o.gif

/Alex

I don't think I could shoot a real deer, let alone a virtual one. Now virtual Commies? Bring it on.

Tried it a year or two ago, found it to be an overall good game with stunning gfx. The exploration & stalking factor is especially nice.

But in the end the free content wasnt enough to keep me playing longer than a week or two, was fun while it lasted.