Sign in to follow this  
senchi

Valhalla Mod - WIP

Has anyone had trouble with the units that accompany the map to work with ACE? With ACE, they're simply not available in the editor. Without ACE, they are. Any ideas?

yeah same issue with me but maybe that happens with other custom units with ACE as well.

Anyway about the Island lets just say that with all the press info coming up on ArmA II i find very few reasons to open ArmA I these days and this is definitely one of the best reasons so far. It is simply an amazing piece of art. the addition of music and heavy wind sound effects in some places tremendously increases the already superb atmosphere of the island.

I cant wait for someone to make a suitable mission for it or for the rest of the mod to come out as my simple editor made capture village X ideas simply does not fit with the mode of the island.

Amazing work :notworthy:

Edited by Barely-injured

I'm eager to know what happened in the island, specially in Dead Plains. Americans and Russians were fighting when the nukes came?

Lol :)

t0ea0c3b0716370e7e67981eb2c6e510d.jpg

it's photoshoped or it's activated via some gamelogic/script? :eek:

You mean Ghost ? :))

No, no...it's just small addon :)

1 unit)) for lolz.

I've done it now

most atmospheric island ever made , even in OFP there was no island with such "feeling" :)

Best scary island ever....great with zombiz around..:yay::yay:

Where i can find the shelters like in this pic or are those included ?

Thanks of the island SenChi !

Hi guys

made a second video on Wetland check it out here.

I hope there will be some more civillian models as soldier models as well.

civilian one has maybe a bug. When adding weapons through unit's initfield you can see the weapon in 1st person view, but you don't see the rifle in 3rd person view. I don't know if anyone else can check on this for confirmation.

Huge undertaking this mod for being only 3 guys, my compliments.

keep up the great work.

@SenChi is it possible to add some destroyed towns or villages on this beautiful Island? Please.

cheers nettrucker

it possible to add some destroyed towns or villages on this beautiful Island? Please.

Ok ok :)

I'll take a small break, and at the end of May 30-31 , going to complete the island.

Hi, very pimp island, i've just noticed a few issues:

- The walkways near the crashed plane are not that walkable, i get stunk.

- You can't fire a weapon inside the plane or by the windows, the bullet stops right at the

barrel's exit, it also happens with the smoke grenades.

And that's all what i can say until now, i landed my MV-22B near the plane to take a closer

look at it and the surroundings. The enviroment is very pimp. Let's C ya

Hi Senchi

Ok ok

I'll take a small break, and at the end of May 30-31 , going to complete the island.

thanks mate.

I love your Island.

cheers

nettrucker

Very very impressive island! Nicely done, overall. Looks great with NIM weather too :D

Some things ->

-Some of the buildings have bugs, as mentioned by others already. I think one of the open buildings in one of the passes (sorry for vagueness) had walk-through parts as well.

- Not sure about your decision to make music a part of the ambient sound - it's special, and I'm sure it fits your artistic vision, but it might also interfere with missionmakers who might want to convey another ambience than your music (e.g., horror, action, or just plain silence). Is there any way to make the music toggleable?

- Where is the vault, if there is one? :D Srsly, it'd be good to know for making missions etc.

Very very nice work, the most atmospheric island to date!

Regards,

Wolfrug

i'm an ATI user and i found the same texture problem ... so every time i load the island the game crash to desktop with the error message " cannot create ..."

is there a patch to solve it or wath have i to do in settings?

Senchi do you plan on fixing this sometime (if you can) or no?

Do i need to do some special settings?

The map crash with me with the following error:

Cannot create system memory surface 1555,96x96 (size 24576 B)

Error code 8876086c

Is this the famous "ATI's texture bug" ?

This is the famous "ATI's texture bug" :)

Download new Driver ATI and Intall 1.16 patch :)

Maybe it can help.

those units from pack also give good feeling, i hope to see some missions for them soon :)

Greetings SenChi

This island by far the most amazing piece of artwork I've yet to see in ArmA, congratulations. One bug I would like to note though, me and a friend just tried to check it out in multiplayer, but it didn't work. I suspected the data\layers' rvmat's were referring to png's instead of paa. Checked it out and they do, so you need to change that via a hex editor.

I have uploaded the fixed rvmats here

Awesome work here, man. Me and a friend played on it for a couple of hours now, and it's astounding. Perfect for zombie-missions. :yay:

Did anyone find the vault?

Edit:

Never mind i found it after reading previous pages.

Edited by Cougar

Yeap, I'm not going to tell you the coordinates because that would take off the magic(?), however I can just say that it's at the South East of Dead Plains, and is a Vault, so it's very well hidden.

Ok...I don't know if I missed the post or something, but where is the download link???? I went through every page looking for it and could not find it. Please post a download link on the front page. Thank you,

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Please post a download link on the front page

Already did :)

What's with the boat on top of one of the mountains by the bridge :-\