Sign in to follow this  
datakill

GAZ 2330 "Tigr" Series public beta release 0.7b

TigrS-1.jpg

The members of Studio Alpha are proud to release their first public beta.

Vehicle informations :

The GAZ "Tigr" is a Russian high-mobility multipurpose military armoured vehicle, manufactured by GAZ.

The GAZ-233014 is designed for the transportation of nine people – two crew and seven passengers. The roof of the vehicle is equipped with a turntable for the installation of a 7.62mm Pecheneg or 12.7mm KORD light machine gun, or a 30mm AGS 17 automatic grenade launcher.

Max speed: 140 km/h

Armor:  STANAG OTAN Level 2

Addon infos :

Version 0.7b

3 models : - ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER in wodland camo

- ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER in snow/urban camo

- AGS30 mounted in woodland camo

Known bugs :

-No damage textures on the glasses

-AGS30 doesn't show ammo informations

-Gunner need a kind of platform

Note : this is not a final release so it certainly needs some tweaks and improvments in addition to the bugs described above. Please post constructive criticism. Any kinds of help to improve this addon (and even on all addons shown on our website) are welcome.

Downloads:

Download link 1

ArmaHolic mirror (faster)

Authors website and forums : http://www.studio-alpha.info

great work mate - now these look nice smile_o.gif

Southy

Hi, very pimp addon, but i've found a pair of thing that may need

an improvement, one it's the wheels marks; they don't match that

well, the drawing shape and the cuantity of dirt between the drawing;

and the other it's the rear door, that only have marked the place

where it gets opened and not the borders of the door; so on certain

angles... you don't see it. Add a banked effect to the back door

perimeter and it'll look much better; also if you could add more scratches

to the doors edges and the entire vehicle and also some boot print

over the hood and roof... that'll look just great, i think.

But the Tigr look really pimp rightnow:

gaz_2330_tigr.jpg

Let's C ya

god this is awesome, now we need another wave of Soviet/Russian FSB units to play with...would really fit this, as we already have some Omon guys in chechnya mods.

btw, why does a Russian vehicle get a NATO (!wink_o.gif armour certificate? tounge2.gif

btw, why does a Russian vehicle get a NATO (!wink_o.gif armour certificate? tounge2.gif

At a guess that means the armour will withstand the Nato Stanag rounds...................

Don't know for certain though..... lol..........

Too bad Tigrs with AGS30 don't engage tanks such as M60 from ACE mod. Well they do only if you "turn out" for a second wink_o.gif

Shot of destroyed model:

tigr_gshk.jpg

Barbudan Airforce deals with Russian weapon dealers. smile_o.gif

Well, i dont believe a 30mm low velocity grenadelauncher could harm a m60 Tank, especially not in the ACE Mod when theres more focus on actual Armour penetration.

@Psychosim

I know it means that it will withstand that kind of round, but its a russian vehicle, Russia not being in the Nato classifies its Armour for it, you know what i mean?

Russian Kalibers are different

Thanks for the russian variant of the humvee. Will there be a Tigrs with MG and AT launcher?

@IceBreakr attacking tanks with such light vehicles one-on-one is bit naive or suicide.

@ZorboZ if you want sell things worldwide there is a need for a little standardization of products or at least some kind of relieable figures. (Look whats meant with RHA.) btw Every country like to have the best military stuff and trusts sometimes too much in their own PR stuff & propaganda. wink_o.gif

Thanks to all for the nice comments, suggestions and...pictures biggrin_o.gif

@ NoRailgunner : That seems to be a good explanation as the Tigr as been sold to China and India.

Later we plan to add the desert version, which needs some modeling work and also a MG mounted version (Pecheneg). Though at this moment i've never heard about a AT launcher version.

@Wipman: i took note of your advices, thanks a bunch.

Quote[/b] ]Though at this moment i've never heard about a AT launcher version.

Think thats possible because of russian inventive development - somehow. What about making the first Tigr AT prototyp in ArmA? biggrin_o.gif

ZorboZ & NoRailGunner: well actually AGS-30 destroys a M60 in-game, even in a "hollywood gung-ho" ACE mod smile_o.gif try it out yourself with "turn out" option as M60 gunner smile_o.gif

Yeah in ArmA, oddly enough automatic grenade launchers can destroy tanks....but in real life... well just ask the Georgians how smoothly that went. They tried engaging Russian armor with Mk19 equipped Cobra armored cars.... most of the Cobras were quickly destroyed. Over on militaryphotos.net they showed gory inside mess left over when an AP round goes into a Cobra and bounces around inside splattering human guts everywhere. I'm sure the same thing would happen with the Tigr if it engaged enemy armor in anything more then a hit and run attack.

However against infantry, this vehicle is awesome! As long as it keeps the bullets out and goes fast enough to avoid AT rockets, you're in business.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ZorboZ & NoRailGunner: well actually AGS-30 destroys a M60 in-game, even in a "hollywood gung-ho" ACE mod smile_o.gif try it out yourself with "turn out" option as M60 gunner smile_o.gif

Well this wouldn't be all that of a stretch in real life. Granted it would take extremely good aim and a blind/deaf tank crew but lobbing some and actually hitting the turned out gunner then a bunch more dropping in could do some good internal damage. But who am I kidding Larry Bird probably wouldn't be firing the thing and the likelihood of the stars aligning like this is nuts. biggrin_o.gif

datakill,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something up with my set up but I just got 8 men stuffed into the AGS-30 but most of seats were empty, looking from the inside and out. Then if you ask them to disembark, after the gunner and the man just behind the front passenger seat exit the remaining men reappear.

Hi, seems that all the BIS grenade launchers AGS and Mk.19 don't

engage armoured targets, must be a thing related to the grenade

launcher class; they don't do it as static or movile vehicle. So i

don't think that there's nothing that can be done to fix that. Let's C ya

Nice car, hope you release soon your Infantry or SpetznaZ to have some qualified drivers wink_o.gif

wipman: yup, engine is based on hitpoints and doesn't actually simulate armor. BIS just probably disabled grenade launchers firing on armor to hide the lack of armor simulation.

Here's a quick video of us in Tigr firing on several armored targets from ArmA Vanilla and ACE mod:

I'm currently working on an updated beta. At this time the changelog is :

-Mass changed from 6.2 tons to 7.2 tons

-Dampers values tweaked

-AGS not showing the amount of ammo fixed

-Bug affecting the driver, when switch from gunner to driver fixed

-Some textures and bump details reworked

-Name changed from Tigr 2330 (civilian) to Tigr 2975 (military)

I'm hoping for an update before this saturday, if nobody find another major bug (thanks dev mad_o.gif )

Cheers

Very quick responce! smile_o.gif Super! smile_o.gif

I think that "Tigr" is a bit short...

The dimensions are:

Lenght - 5700

Width - 2200

Height - 2200

Clearance - 400