Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

TALIBAN! TALIBAN! TALIBAN!!!

New updated textures by YacieK!!!!!  This is a Tadjik Taliban.    YacieK is DA MAN!!!!    The next update will include these improved textures/models, additional models, and ANA (Afghant National Army) forces.

LoBo_Tadjik1.jpg

This pack is just getting better and better.   smile_o.gif

Now we just need map makers to step up to the plate and update Catshit's Afghan map or perhaps convert some of the excellent Afghan maps made for OFP, into ArmA.  

LoBo is also looking for ANYONE interested in making Sinai and/or Lebanon maps for us.  Only hardcore professional map makers please.   We have a ton of Middle Eastern buildings by Chris Death that we are in the process of converting  This will provide a goldmine of excellent Middle East buildings for Middle East map makers.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The sad thing is that Ikonos cannot by US law distribute higher than 2m res imagery of Israel which makes any map from that area look bad.....

True...but Israel isn't the major battleground area I'm worried about.... the Sinai or Lebanon are the primary areas. Even if you can't get border areas of Israel into the map, I'd still be super thankful if you managed to make any kind of Lebanon or Sinai map. As you know I regard you (Opteryx) as THE TOP map maker in ArmA. Anything you do, I use because its so damn good. I think you'd love Chris Death's Middle East buildings that he made for us. He made them for LoBo first but for the community at large as well. So even if they are used for Iraq/Iran, etc... maps they would still be put to good use.

So PM me if you want all those objects and I can start getting them sorted out and packed. As long as Chris Death is credited everything's cool. He's a great guy and sadly his object packs in OFP were always under-utilized.

Some of his objects were also modified by Calm Terror like our enterable mosque. When you enter and look up, there is a beautiful ornate domed ceiling. Stuff like that really adds atmosphere in any Middle East map. So let me know if you're interested. I trust you 100% that you will use them to the benefit of the entire community.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<Gd.

Chris,

Is there at least a slim chance in a future update to have a few Females in thier approiate grab for all sides?  Just a thought.

YacieK, it is clear now...

Landdon, the reason we don't have any females is because we don't have an expert soldier-modeller who can make a custom female in a burkha for us. That would take ALOT of work. Getting all the selection names and stuff right is very difficult tedious work aside from doing all the model and texture work. I'm hoping that a talented addon maker will perhaps volunteer to do that for us. That would be cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New pickup trucks by  jfk15 with nice proxies that simulate Taliban trucks.  There will be two Toyota Hilux trucks and one Datsun pickup modified by him.   I may also include a pickup with Katusha (sp?) rockets originally meant for our Hezbollah forces.  

LoBo_TalibanPickup2.jpg

LoBo_TalibanPickup1.jpg

LoBo_TalibanPickup3.jpg

LoBo_TalibanPickup4.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow cool! thumbs-up.gif

BTW some of the talibans after a little distance show their "under clothes" only. For example that taliban in cream white (sorry dont remeber the classname). Same guy as sitting on the vehicle in that second shot. When he comes a bit away he goes all white. Isnt it possible to paint that vest onto his white body underneith so that models like him dont change over distance? I dont know how that works, just wondered. smile_o.gif

Keep up the awesome taliban work! Allah is great. whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

/Alex

Yeah, that's just the LOD's.  I can keep the vest and stuff on the later LOD's but really I think it's only the last LOD that removes all of the outer clothes... if your computer is switching over to that last LOD very quickly (within a short distance), then that may be due to your computer's specs. I suppose it won't kill things I if put back the vest and skirt thingy on the last LOD...but I have to ask what your specs are on your computer.

Personally I made these guys mainly as targets as their brand of Islam makes me want to puke.  I've been around plenty of awesome Muslims who walk the walk and not just talk the talk.  Taliban/Deobandi/Salafi theology is insane and literal in interpretation to the absolute extreme much like the early Kharajites (who were wiped out by early Muslims).  So part of my goal of making these guys is to make educational missions and videos to put on youtube showing why their theology is destined to fail and why it doesn't have to be that way for them.  I actually really like Afghanis.  They are proud and noble people... but damn they are stubborn and tribalistic sometimes.  I think much of what they do is out of some misguided sense of honor (very different from the Western understanding of "honor") that they confuse with religion at times.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Question.... does anyone have a SPG-9 model to spare?  I'm going to add a shoulder-launched SPG-9 to the weapons pack as this is generally how the Taliban use the weapon.  It's a cool weapon so I'm hoping someone can spare a model/textures for me to use and to configure as a shoulder launched weapon. The Afghan National Army (ANA) in this pack will also use it as they use it in real life as well.

I've been told that there was an unused SPG-9 in OFP somewhere that I vaguely remember although I don't know if it was textured. If anyone knows what folder that's in or if they have the model/textures, please let me know.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think the SPG-9 is on a UAZ somewhere in the arma files, but i couldnt really tell you where.

Also, keep up the great work!

SPG-9? I believe its in ACEmod under Static OPFOR weapons, ask them who the author is?

Miles,

I understand about the females, it was merely and Idea.  I have a problem with one of the missions I am making.  When I try to run it on my personal box it states "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. lobo_weapons"

I have made the addon visable by altering the ace_clientside_config.hpp so I'm confused.  I don't see Lobo_weapons in the mission file either.  "test_soldat" shows up in the mission file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Love those troop carrying Hilux's they look great, will be fun to head out in Evo with car full smile_o.gif

Chris,

Is there at least a slim chance in a future update to have a few Females in thier approiate grab for all sides?  Just a thought.

Why would there be women taliban?

Isnt Taliban ideology a little bit.. against, women?

I think a Muslim women with her correct outfit would be cool. her face covered and stuff.

I was looking for more civilians, I was actually suggesting the need for Females. But there are female gurellias

Miles,

I understand about the females, it was merely and Idea.  I have a problem with one of the missions I am making.  When I try to run it on my personal box it states "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. lobo_weapons"

I have made the addon visable by altering the ace_clientside_config.hpp so I'm confused.  I don't see Lobo_weapons in the mission file either.  "test_soldat" shows up in the mission file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Wierd. The only weapons they use are either BIS weapons or weapons from the included LoBoWeaponsTaliban.pbo file.

If you transfered the Taliban addon to another computer make sure you included all that weapons pack.

However LoBo_Weapons.pbo is from LoBo addon pack #3. I just checked to make sure and all class names were changed.

I also tested the Taliban in a seperate mod folder with no other addons except for the ACE mod and so far no problems making and editing missions.

I'll try it again making a mission without the ACE mod, but I think what you are experiencing is that you had previous used another LoBo addon...and then later deleted it....however what sucks is that the "addons required" list in your mission.sqm file will still list ANY addons that were used previously. You have to manually delete them. However the one called Test soldat is normal. Don't worry about that. I need to change that name on the Taliban config. It was just left over from an old config. But don't delete that from the mission.sqm as that is the Taliban. Thanks for pointing that out... I'm renaming it right now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

arrg...forum bug...gotta post this to get it to move over to the next page to show my reply.

I re-downloaded the addon and installed it again.  I'm not a 100% but it looks like the problem lies when I put the .303 sniper Taliban unit on my map.  Could you see if you get the problem?

Hmmm.... send me your current mission to my email (in my profile) and I can check it out and can probably figure out what's going on.

Also you might try making a fresh mission, add all the Taliban guys, and see if you get the same problem. If so, then something really wierd is going on.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm going to add a shoulder-launched SPG-9 to the weapons pack as this is generally how the Taliban use the weapon.

Shoulder-launched?... Well, its weight is 47 kg without tripod. Isn't it too heavy for using without tripod?