Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

TALIBAN! TALIBAN! TALIBAN!!!

Units in v1.4 are buggy. Cannon rounds, small fire and even RPGs sometimes fly through the body of datsuns (katusha for example). Try it out, only wheels have hit proxy.

wow...that's really wierd about the Katusha pickup. Looking at the .p3d in o2, everything seems as it should as far as the hit points and fire geometry go as they are based on the BIS model. Could be the result of not binarizing it maybe? Snake Man is going over them right now. He might spot something I didn't see.

@ KaBoNG- yeah keep testing that sniper unit because I can't find anything different about him or his weapon compared to the other unts. As for the pistol, that is a problem with ALL BIS units with pistols. They pull them out very quickly. The reason why I included pistols however is because in MP games (for anyone who wants to play OPFOR which can be fun sometimes) in CQB, the pistol is life saver sometimes especially if you have the slow loading Enfield. However the Enfield is very accurate in the game for long range shooting.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]However the Enfield is very accurate in the game for long range shooting.

Just how it should be, bloody loverly rifle.

Sorry for pointless post.

Having great fun with these units tho.

Units in v1.4 are buggy. Cannon rounds, small fire and even RPGs sometimes fly through the body of datsuns (katusha for example). Try it out, only wheels have hit proxy.

Bug found and corrected on the Katusha, thanks for reporting that IceBreakr, i never noticed befor with all the test i made on it, I think every time i was luky to hit the wheels  whistle.gif

Hope this time i didn't missed any thing else  banghead.gif

You're welcome, I'm glad to help. Units are very cool and this addon will be on our servers permanently when this arma.rpt stops filling or at least few lines remain wink_o.gif

I've usually packed around 200 megs 7z for each weekly MP event but I've stopped doing that when AceMod got released. Hopefully these (fixed) units will be a part of it soon and I can add only one or two new islands for each new weekly MP event smile_o.gif

Anyone know how I could replace the basic OPFOR in the game with the Taliban ones?

You would need to write a replacement config, im not sure how its done but there are plenty out there for reference.

You could also try and use this tool:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3375

Again, i have no idea how it works or how difficult it is to use but its a start.

OR, you could sack it off and hope that one of the fine chaps around here does it for you.

[quote

OR, you could sack it off and hope that one of the fine chaps around here does it for you.

Ok am hoping lol

I'm working on a custom config with Taliban right now.

I'll release single config pbos for Blue, Red and Independant side so ppl can mix units as they like.

However, i have big problems lately finding servers which don't kick me for playing with custom units. Now i understand that servers don't crash that much when ppl use the vanilla version, but imo it kills the online fun for me. All these great addons just for single player? CMON! :p

Any news on the recoil values being fixed? I'd like to play this mod without ACE.

NEW! TALIBAN PACK UPDATE !.5 IS HERE!

LoBo_Taliban9.jpg

LoBo_Taliban8.jpg

Version 1.5

1. All models fixed/optimized.

2. Pickup truck class names changed to avoid conflicts.

3. Config fixed to make it compatible with latest version of ACE.

4. Blood Textures are working now.

5. model.cfg files made seperate.

6. All configs generally cleaned up/optimized.

7. Crap that was not used all removed.

8. All files now binarized except the ANA pickup truck as it was already binarized by BIS.

Known issues: Old missions using the last Taliban pack will have to have their .sqm files manually edited as some class names were changed. To get the infantry working in the mission simply remove "Test_Soldat" from the list of required addons in your mission. If you used the pickup trucks, that is a little more complicated. You need to remove the old names, then load the mission again. The trucks will be invisible on the mission editor so just try to delete all over the general area where they were at.

I greatly apologize for that, but the class names were messed up and really needed to be changed.

Download Link:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBo_TalibanVer1_5.7z

Special Thanks to Snake Man for doing the bulk of the work on this update. I mainly just fixed some final bugs on the sounds and windows on the pickup trucks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Arrg... I was going to update this pack with a new binarized ANA pickup, but sadly I'm having alot of problems with it. I'll just update the pack later as 1.6 as its going to take while for me to figure out whats wrong with it. So if I can get some mirrors on this version that would be good.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thanks Miles, i already downloaded the version 1.5 :) the pickup works anyways doesn't it ?

Finally :)

Downloading...errr waiting for 1.6...

Edited by zGuba

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

754073.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Thanks Miles Teg, Snake Man and anyone else involved!

Hope to see them binarized and in A2 very soon. :D

hi

unable to access mission since updating ... dependendant on content that has been deleted testsoldt lobo weapons ...

tried to delete them manually from the list in mission sqm but still cant gain access ...

any ideas ?

posted mission this morning using v 1.4 about an hour before taliban update hit the news in armaholic ..

best wishes

You posted it in Armaholic? A link would be nice, or when I have time I'll go look for it. But it should have worked simply removing the test_soldat thingy from the mission.sqm file's required addons list. Did you have an intro or ending section to the mission? If so they have their own required addons list. You'll have to delete test_soldat from those as well. After that save the file IN WORDPAD or NOTEPAD (or whatever you used to open the mission.sqm file). Then re-load the mission in ArmA. You should see them there. Save the mission in ArmA and it should be fixed.

But if you did all that I'll check it out and try to figure out what's wrong with it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hi mate

got it sorted ..

i had altered the sqm from an older version of mission and was trying to load the current version :o

will post a link to mission as soon as armaholic get it hosted

many thanks mate

best wishes

No one answered my question. Is there someway to get these ARMA 2? That would be epic( NO I HATE THE FFAA terrorists. THESE GUYS ARE A MILLION TIMES BETTER!)

Since you got no answer, the answer probably is no.

Instead bumping this thread you could have sent a PM to Miles Teg asking him if he has plans to port his addon.

fox had permission a while back but i think he had a few projects on the go so got sent back to miles