Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

TALIBAN! TALIBAN! TALIBAN!!!

These work pretty well with ACE if you ask me. They don't have the OPFOR backpacks on but that wouldn't look right at all.

If you mean you can't find it in the Editor and your using ACE you need to do one small step to get it working.( If not this and many other Mods/AddOns will not show up either.)

Go to the main ArmA folder, then:

Dta-> ACE-> "ace_clientside_config.hpp"

Next scroll down and look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

"ACE Mod" - "Class hiding"

Show BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "visible"

NOTE: it's 2x a underline ( _ ) before "hidden" or "visible"

*/

#define visible 2

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS__hidden

Change the end of last line from hidden to visible

Viola, now they appear and so will many other stuff that default ACE hides.

EDIT: Jesus christ, the forum keeps changing what I type after I hit submit. If I confused you guys just send me a PM. I copy and paste the lines directly from the file to here but after submitting it the damn thing gets changed. So what I quoted above is a bit different then what you'll read in the file

Just curious...but if I made these guys ACE combatible, would that mean that they would show up in-game with those backpacks on them? That would suck...

Your above method sounds much better for using them with ACE if that's the case.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Just curious...but if I made these guys ACE combatible, would that mean that they would show up in-game with those backpacks on them?  That would suck...

Your above method sounds much better for using them with ACE if that's the case.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My mistake Miles. They don't seem to work with. The stamina system isn't working with them and if I do put a backpack on them I can't pack anything away.

As far as if they would show up with backpacks, I'm not quite sure. The BWM units don't show up with backpacks but stamina system and some other stuff works. They don't directly need XEH either. I'm not sure if all ACE aspects work with them though.

What I posted above was directed towards walker's post on the first page regarding the units not showing in the Editor.

Sorry for my aloofness.

EDIT:

Also, you have the old version of vilas_wpn packed up. At least I think you do. The version I have is dated 1/4/2009 and it is 147mb's.

Yess!!! Thank you so much!!

I was wondering why no one even attempted to make taliban!

thumbs-up.gif

All we need now is ANA

Miles, Getting this XEH compatible should be a piece of cake. I was trying to do it for you but I just can't seem to get the fired sounds working. It works with ACE just fine the way I have it now but I just have to get those sounds working again.

when the jihadii yells after fireing the rpg... seems kinda random... and sound quality is a lil low... i dunno if anyone mentioned this... nor is it a big deal but just thought i would throw in a piece

Yess!!! Thank you so much!!

I was wondering why no one even attempted to make taliban!

thumbs-up.gif

All we need now is ANA

Ana01.jpg

Ana02.jpg

whistle.gif

Miles,

Time to clear up your inbox. (hint, hint) whistle.gifpistols.gif

I'll try again in the morning. Good night all.

well it is good practice and addon design not to have external

references from your core addon.

especially as you can easily make a 2nd pbo that adds them

different equipment from a 3rd party addon.

more on that in the CMB (community modding bible)

Good job on those taliban Miles.

I have a small request, if its not too much work, could you add a civilian version of them without the combat gear? I believe it could be more interesting to have missions with civilians and militants, where you have to be careful what you are shooting at. smile_o.gif

Good job on those taliban Miles.

I have a small request, if its not too much work, could you add a civilian version of them without the combat gear? I believe it could be more interesting to have missions with civilians and militants, where you have to be careful what you are shooting at.  smile_o.gif

There are civil versions

check under Civ - Taliban Civilian

well it is good practice and addon design not to have external

references from your core addon.

especially as you can easily make a 2nd pbo that adds them

different equipment from a 3rd party addon.

more on that in the CMB (community modding bible)

Well I would, but I have an agreement with Vilas not to dismantle his weapons packs. That is why the next version of this pack will have a small AK pack made up of AK47's made by LoBo or for LoBo originally.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

biggrin_o.gif it's great time to shoot some talibunnies! btw... any chance of you making groups of them so i don't have to spend hours ='( adding them one by one? great units.

Miles, Getting this XEH compatible should be a piece of cake. I was trying to do it for you but I just can't seem to get the fired sounds working. It works with ACE just fine the way I have it now but I just have to get those sounds working again.

Yeah... thats what I was worried about.  I'll see if maybe Namman2 can get it to work with ACE as he's pretty good with infantry addons.  I really don't want to ruin the fired sounds as that is part of what makes this addon unique.

To HeAvY TrAnCe, yeah the quality of the voices are not the greatest. Some are me talking and they came out TOO clean sounding. But most are recorded by Thunderbird84 with a small PC mic and don't have the outdoor ambiance you'd get from a high quality profession recording done outdoors with paid voice actors. I could rip stuff from other games, but would rather not do that. Hopefully I'll get some better Arabic recordings soon...or even better find a bunch of recordings in the Pashto language. I'm actually looking right now to see if I can find some good sound clips that I could rip from youtube videos and stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

excellent job. I've been hoping these guys so I can make some Afghan missions.

notworthy.gif another excellent release from LoBo's. I'm downloading it now.

Thanks much!  Just what I needed.  Very nice units - they look terrific in the mountains of my Razani map smile_o.gif   (getting close to an initial release)

Awesome! I'm looking forward to making missions on your map!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles,

Just out of curiosity: why do you even consider creating a weapon pack specifically for these units? Aren't all their weapons available in the base game already? I'm asking because I'd much prefer completely stand-alone units that don't require more addons to be used (especially addons that aren't used with anything else.) So, is there a specific reason for them?

The same with the sounds (hopefully I didn't misunderstand your remarks about the fired sounds a few messages back) - I have a sound mod installed and I prefer those sounds, not anything that comes with a soldier pack. (Let me know if I'm misunderstanding something here. smile_o.gif  )

Yeah...there is a bit of a misunderstanding.

The BIS default weapons DO NOT include (to my knowledge and kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong) AK-47 rifles.   I've only seen AK-74 rifles.  

In real life, occasionally you'll see Taliban with them, but only VERY rarely.  They were more common during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan when captured AK-74 rifles were often used.   Today they are more status symbols as the ammo is very difficult to come by.  The standard weapon of the Taliban is the old AK-47 or AKM, both of which look very similar and fire the 7.62x39mm round.

As for voices, the voices I added are NOT part of the stock BIS default sounds.   You ONLY hear them when they fire a RPG-7 or Strela SA-7 missile.  

So as an example, when they fire an RPG-7 at a tank, they will yell, "ALLAH'U AKBAR!!!!" or something similar.  

There are no such sound FX in default BIS units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>