Sign in to follow this  
swtx

New Rambo Movie

Hi all,

I watched the new Rambo movie last night and I have to say it was very realistic and just might be the best one of the four.

I read on Dark Horizons site that there may be another one at some point.

If it's as good as Rambo IV...I say bring it on.

wink_o.gif

TOTFOT

figure this out before the lock and you win an internet cookie.

Quote[/b] ]TOTFOT

figure this out before the lock and you win an internet cookie.

Go fuck off, wannabe moderators are pathetic.

As for the newest Rambo movie, I actually thought it was alright. I hated First Blood part II and Rambo III as they were just out and out stupid in my opinion. The original First Blood was actually a good movie but then again it was based on a novel. When I found out there was a new Rambo movie I thought, oh great another retarded summer action movie. However when I saw it I was actually quite surprised. All that being said it's not a feel good movie that's for sure.

As for this being "too off topic for offtopic". Since when is discussing a war movie or action movie forbiden here? Also sense when has MehMan become a moderator. Just some food for thought.

Sorry some people would like to discuss other things in offtopic than just the same old junk about computer hardware and games by EA, UBI and Valve.

I also found myself surprised by how much I was liking it. It wasn't perfect, though. They sort of dropped the story halfway, and they were saved at the last minute by the militia for no good reason, but it wasn't as bad as Rambo single handedly ploughing through an underground ice cave full of Soviets.

The violence and story weren't really at all realistic, but it was an intense visual spectacle, and it was a nice change from the sanitized violence of the 80s Rambo movies.

Go fuck off, wannabe moderators are pathetic.

As for this being "too off topic for offtopic". Since when is discussing a war movie or action movie forbiden here? Also sense when has MehMan become a moderator. Just some food for thought.

Sorry some people would like to discuss other things in offtopic than just the same old junk about computer hardware and games by EA, UBI and Valve.

Wow. Way to go! Love the intro.

No i'm not a mod and neither do I agree with half the locks, but I was expecting this to get locked as is standard on these forums and as such making the topic and posting in it was pretty useless.

So, stop trolling will you.

§17) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the board, do not reply in the thread but send a PM to a moderator or use the "Report this post to a moderator"-function instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam.

Emphasis, mine.

edit: LOL I love how I'm replying to a rule violation about a rule violation with a statement that says don't reply to rule violations. I don't consider this thread to be spam, really, that's for the mods to decide.

There have been more informative/important/[select positive adjective] threads which has got locked, for reason to be too offtopic for offtopic.

So i'd agree with MehMan there are changes for lock based on previous experiences. Ofcourse it hasn't been locked yet, so... We might be wrong.  biggrin_o.gif

Shite!!! I've have changes of getting banned  sad_o.gif

EDIT;

Ps. I'm not criticing... Merely being analytic. biggrin_o.gif

Is that the one where Rambo goes home?

A great show that one. A brilliant ending to the series.

Lots of splatter action and bodycounts.

Watching the movie and trying to keep count. We had sweepstakes on how many he'd get.

It's one of those shows that is joyfully predictable. That you understand the plot and can predict all the events before they happen and doing so is a big part of the fun.

Like an earlier poster in this thread, I was very suprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it, but it was too short, I have intense distrust of any movie that's <90 minutes.

And no I don't think discussing a war movie in OT is too OT for OT smile_o.gif

Any word on where the next one will take place?

The first one is the only one I really liked in that series, so I hope hes "going home" to the US.

Quote[/b] ]Any word on where the next one will take place?

From what I've read there trying to decide if the story will take place in the US or abroad.

According to Dark Horizons Stallone will reprise his role as Rambo...so the story will continue.

You can read it right here...