HighWire

Texel Island

Texel

A new island for Operation Flashpoint

Megaupload Mirror

Sharebee Download Mirror

Zshare Mirror

Rapidshare Link

It's finished and available. It doesn't depend on other add-ons (although it uses Ebud's tropical nature stuff; proper credit has been given!wink_o.gif), and has a few missions on board. I hope you can enjoy this release as much as I had making it. smile_o.gif

Edit: Obviously, OFP: Resistance is required.

Edit2: In order for the intro cinematics to work, you need to install them into the ORIGINAL ADDONS folder. NOT the folder inside RES. smile_o.gif

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

I see you have uploaded your island to rapidshare. If you have uploaded while having a premium account, no problem.

But if you don't have a premium account with rapidshare, your island will be deleted from their servers after 10 downloads or attempts at downloads.

It is one of their recent idea unfortunately.

http://rapidshare.com/faq.html

As better alternative if you uploaded without having a premium account with them, you can try to upload to filefront or megaupload, they don't delete file that fast.

Or use a multiple uploader so you upload only once and the multiple uploader will give you more mirrors.

2 of them i used before :

http://sharebee.com/

http://superuploader.net/

There are lots of islands for OFP. From what I see from screens above it's just another island.

Prove me wrong. Tell me why I should make mission for this. Why you've created the island. What was your idea, what's the plot...

@Faguss: I agree on not wanting to have my add-on folder cluttered with stuff I never use. Just as much as I don't like having lots of stuff added in the mission editor.

This island however has a slight mediterranean theme on which I haven't come across in OPF yet. It also doesn't require external addons and is pretty transparantly installed, save for a bunch of missions and a new island in the mission editor list.

My aim was a island for Operation Flashpoint with a similiar style to the CWC ones, which means: small towns, lots of nature.

@Bennie1983nl: Damn, you caught me. smile_o.gif

Downloaded, installed, and toured via OH-58 - thanks for the great new island!

Very nice I like it runs smooth. unfortunetly the missions you provided goes black when completed and I have to shoot my self to get on. I have instaled the anim part.

STGN

Very nice I like it runs smooth. unfortunetly the missions you provided goes black when completed and I have to shoot my self to get on. I have instaled the anim part.

STGN

You need to install the .PBO inside the original ADDONS folder, not the one inside the resistance folder. smile_o.gif

Nice island, looking from the screenshots, will try out when i get home from work smile_o.gif

Visually its good, where do the people drink water from hehe...

But seriously i do like it.

I dont know whether its my bad fyling of the island has angles I cant see, but 6-10 times I tried to land a chinook I flipped it onto its side. Could be just me. whistle.gif

Thanks for the positive replies everyone. It was merely a personal project I wanted to share with some friends during LAN parties. (If you ever get to play the 'Dunes of Hostility' mission in multiplayer you'd might understand why...)

Glad to see you guys like it as well. smile_o.gif

@Bennie: I should do all frysian islands at once next time. wink_o.gif

Just wanted to say I like this island alot.

I know you were going for the classic OFP island feel so there isn't a whole lot on it, but it's very well put together and everything looks right on it. There are always other addons like MAPFACT to add a few objectives to the island.

It came at quite a convenient time too, because recently I have been searching for something that could pass for a Grenada-style island. As you said, there haven't been many (if any) mediterranean or caribbean-themed islands made, or even any jungle islands other than Vietnam stuff.

Anyway, you obviously put some love and effort into it, so well done for that.

It's a pretty nice looking island. One thing that bothers me though is the low quality land textures. It gives away infantry's positions too easily when everything looks so plain and doesn't look really good anyway. You should try increasing their resolution. Nogova uses 512x512 textures and you're only using 128x128, so you may increase it a lot. smile_o.gif If it's about the perfomance, then perhaps you should release a hi-res and low-res versions of your island, hi-res version having larger land textures? It would be really appreciated!

Otherwise nice job!

Great island and despite what Faguss thinks we appreciate the effort. Great map and I am currently working on a mission on it now. The island has a great contrast in how it goes from Seaside island resort area to desert like oasis stretches that will be great for awesome tank battles. Again great job.

I'm flattered. smile_o.gif

I'm downloading it just to be safe but I might be playing it later because I'm kinda busy these days. Glad to see you guys like it, keep it up!

Edit: As for hi-res requests. You're free to make 'em and release 'em. Just give proper credit and it will be fine! (not just to me, also to Ebud obviously)

Works fine for me after I redownloaded it to test it. You should try downloading it again too.